Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3

objectman wrote: Song name : Door
Host : Live 8
Tracks : 4
http://soundcloud.com/deadeddy/door
Hope you like it. If not, also fine. Constructive criticism most welcome. If you rip it apart tell me how I might improve it. :)
That piano sound @1:06 is quite good.

Hi, I'm ballacr75 (Emanuele Ballasina from Cremona, Italy)
this is my first partecipation in OSC

Track name: New One
Host: Renoise 2.8.1
Dinamic Range: 11
Number of tracks: 7
No effect
Only sidechain on arp track

Thanks for listening

www.acadballa.com

ballacr75

bh9090 wrote:
objectman wrote: Song name : Door
Host : Live 8
Tracks : 4
http://soundcloud.com/deadeddy/door
Hope you like it. If not, also fine. Constructive criticism most welcome. If you rip it apart tell me how I might improve it. :)
That piano sound @1:06 is quite good.
Thank you bh9090. It's not bad is it? I think in context and with a bit of reverb (plus actual playing it into the PCR800 and then tweaking timing in Live) it does the job.

Truepianos is still better for realish piano imho, but when realish sounds are embedded with so many electro-sounds, they ten to sounds more real than they are soloed. Plus the church organ sound kinda sets up an expectation.

There's my 2c. worth. Now to check on other subs...
Edwin James Lynch (aka "Objectman")
Dead Eddy | Day Job | Follow Me

V'ger wrote:Full wav as SoundCloud will encode everything to 128kbs mp3 for the player even if it already is in that format, so with wav at least you get only one conversion.

The downloadable file is unchanged = how you uploaded it.
So if you upload a 16bit WAV file, and you enable download, people get a WAV file?
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

solidtrax wrote:
V'ger wrote:Full wav as SoundCloud will encode everything to 128kbs mp3 for the player even if it already is in that format, so with wav at least you get only one conversion.

So if you upload a 16bit WAV file, and you enable download, people get a WAV file?
Exactly.
In any case, i prefer a 320 kbps MP3 file, less space in the hard disc and not much differences in a normal speaker system as i think the most of us have.

Have a nice day :)

IrionDaRonin wrote:
solidtrax wrote:

Exactly.
In any case, i prefer a 320 kbps MP3 file, less space in the hard disc and not much differences in a normal speaker system as i think the most of us have.

Have a nice day :)
We worked with 320kbit mp3 encoded with the super high quality setting and I think we will continue to do just that. :-)

Have a nice day too m8! :D
Website

Ever since we started with SoundCloud there have been complaints about poor sound quality from the player so everything helps, but i think the biggest factor to get good sound is to leave some headroom (not max out the levels), try for yourself.

@Emanuele: Welcome here. No effects except a sidechain compressor will be appreciated by the purists here.

Two more weeks.. let's hope we can come up with a track for this month!
We have been busy with making another one synth track, but not for this contest though.

If you fancy a listen, check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/solidtrax/solidt ... bank-demo2
Website

Top sounds and demo track. I wish kHs One would have a fully functional demo like Twin 2 so we could put it on for a challenge, with it's easy GUI and good sound it would be popular.

V'ger wrote:Top sounds and demo track. I wish kHs One would have a fully functional demo like Twin 2 so we could put it on for a challenge, with it's easy GUI and good sound it would be popular.
All the functionality is there in the demo, but it does have a nag sound overlay which may complicate things.

(Edit: That said, we'd love to participate in the OSC if we can find a way. :) )
Last edited by Dentoid on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiloHearts Developer

Dentoid wrote:
V'ger wrote:Top sounds and demo track. I wish kHs One would have a fully functional demo like Twin 2 so we could put it on for a challenge, with it's easy GUI and good sound it would be popular.
All the functionality is there in the demo, but it does have a nag sound overlay which may complicate things.
The nag sound is kind of funny, but yeah, when you start using a few instances at the same time, it get's annoying. :hihi:
Website

Is it fully functional? I never found any info about the demo on your site so figured there was a not so nice reason for that, and a nag sound explains it. :D

But would be great if the demo was usable and fully functional, would definitely put it on here if that was the case.

V'ger wrote:Is it fully functional? I never found any info about the demo on your site so figured there was a not so nice reason for that, and a nag sound explains it. :D

But would be great if the demo was usable and fully functional, would definitely put it on here if that was the case.
*Mental note: Make the demo version more visible* :)
kiloHearts Developer

Dentoid wrote:
V'ger wrote:Is it fully functional? I never found any info about the demo on your site so figured there was a not so nice reason for that, and a nag sound explains it. :D

*Mental note: Make the demo version more visible* :)
:lol: :D
Website

ballacr75 wrote:Hi, I'm ballacr75 (Emanuele Ballasina from Cremona, Italy)
this is my first partecipation in OSC

Track name: New One
Host: Renoise 2.8.1
Dinamic Range: 11
Number of tracks: 7
No effect
Only sidechain on arp track

Thanks for listening

www.acadballa.com

ballacr75
Benvenuto :)

Return to “Instruments”