One-Synth-Challenge 49: Twin 2 - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3

cyphersuit wrote:This is my first time in the OSC thread.

Things i do not understand:

Why must effects being used be free?
Can i use mastering stuff on my final?

Thing i do not like:

The must to create drums with the synth. Never did that and therefore can no take part.
So, because you never made drum sounds with a synth, you can not take part? Maybe it's fun to try for once? You should try! And I'm not sure, but there is a big chance that there are already drum sounds included in the factory presets.

Come on, let's do it, it's going to be a lot of fun!! :D
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Doc Jon wrote:Very impressive, busy busy month for me but this might just be too good to miss

Jon
We feel exactly the same way, it's an awesome synth.
Although we are very busy with current projects, we can't skip this one.. we just can't!!

*clearing schedule :lol:
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Wow cool! That Twin2 is a synth I'd really like to get. =)

I think I'd like to try writing something for this one.

Downloading demo version right now.

Examigan wrote:Wow cool! That Twin2 is a synth I'd really like to get. =)

The demo version is a fully workable version during 30 days, perfect to participate in OSC this month.

Have a good day :)

IrionDaRonin wrote:
Examigan wrote:Wow cool! That Twin2 is a synth I'd really like to get. =)

The demo version is a fully workable version during 30 days, perfect to participate in OSC this month.

Have a good day :)
It would be nice if all demo versions of synths were like that. We could have OSCs to infinity 8)

Indeed, should all be like this, fantastic demo scheme. Fits with their no-fuss copy protection system. Easy to like Fabfilter.

Great synth too, quite surprised by its sound as I always thought this was something made after hours by an effect company.. :wink: Of course the GUI was always going to be right up there or above the best, but CPU usage and range are good as well.

V'ger wrote:quite surprised by its sound as I always thought this was something made after hours by an effect company.. :wink:
Fabfilters first plugin was "One" synthesizer. So they are instruments and effects company :)
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Ah yes, forgot about One. Been a CM synth for a long time I believe.

Okay. Here's my submission.

Song name : Door
Host : Live 8
Tracks : 6

Piano verb, Live's multiband compressor, Smartelectronix Ambience

http://soundcloud.com/deadeddy/door
Constructive criticism most welcome. I'm here to improve not really for praise (while that feels nice, I tread water).

Edwin
(Dead Eddy)
aka Objectman here
Last edited by objectman on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Edwin James Lynch (aka "Objectman")
Dead Eddy | Day Job | Follow Me

Hey everyone! I'm loving this synth, so I decided to participate in this months contest!

Song: Hypercube 2
Host: Cubase 7/FL Studio 10
21 Instances of FabFilter
Effects: Fruity Limiter/Compressor

Hope you guys enjoy it and good luck!
http://soundcloud.com/sovarozum/sovaroz-m-hypercube-ii

Does it matter what sample rate participants use?

Because hint hint, Fabfilter synths sound way better at 96khz than they do 44/48... ;)
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Any sample rate is fine, even your upload doesn't matter as long as SoundCloud accepts it. But how do you do it? Render all at 96khz or each part?

And cheers for the submissions so far :)

@midnight wrote:Does it matter what sample rate participants use?

Because hint hint, Fabfilter synths sound way better at 96khz than they do 44/48... ;)
I hope you won't upload the track in wave format :hihi:

Good luck :)

V'ger wrote:Any sample rate is fine, even your upload doesn't matter as long as SoundCloud accepts it. But how do you do it? Render all at 96khz or each part?
It's simple for me, I use 44.1khz and don't worry about it :)

If I hear aliasing, I back down on the distortion, or switch to an oversampling plugin.

V'ger wrote:Yes as long as they are free and easily available, all MIDI plugins are fine to use...
What about commercial MIDI plugins? Obviously don't affect the sound; not much different than advantages in host sequencer capabilities.

Return to “Instruments”