DCAM Synth Squad on sale again ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

~Pd~ wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
~Pd~ wrote:
Angus_FX wrote:Yes, we know - a regression that got through :( . Fortunately that extra CPU hit is in the idle (GUI) thread, so while frame rates may suffer a bit in some situations, it has zero impact on the system's capacity for audio processing.
Excellent, very pleased that it's on your radar. Looking forward to the next beta.

BTW, if you're sharing code / components across products you should also take a peek at the CPU usage for graphics in Tremor. It makes a huge difference to CPU usage when the GUI is visible versus when the plugin or standalone program is minimized.
I get that with the SS guis too.
It's the waveform display that's the culprit, or one of the main ones at least. Put the focus on a static element like a ramp or an unmodulated envelope and the CPU usage goes way down. But mix noise into the waveform in Strobe and let that display and holy shit, it will eat its way through your processor, chassis and into the basement like xenomorph blood. I love the hell out of SS and will work around this but it'd be nice if they addressed it.

Geist seems to be mostly immune to this stuff though. I only see a modest rise in CPU when it's visible.
Thankyou! :D It's not too bad most of time but is a bug when cpu is already being pushed. If it reduces cpu hit overall totally awesome dude! :tu:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

I got a response on the GUI CPU issue from Angus in the FXpansion forum - he says the scope (I assume all GUI processing) runs in a lower priority thread and shouldn't cause dropouts. The frame rate of the scope will drop as the audio processing consumes more CPU.

I confirmed this with three noisy instances of Strobe visible as plugs in Reaper - this should have brought my system sputtering to its knees, between the noisy CPU hungry scopes and the other active plugin tracks in my project, but it continued to play solidly.

Return to “Instruments”