Guess the Synth 17 : Divinity 170+ presets for DIVERSION : Released

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ingonator wrote:
my 5th vote goes to : Tone2 ElectraX
Would have been my guess too, but Lotuzia said that the synth doesn't import wav files, hm hmm... it does sound very much like a Tone2 synth though. I guess i'm gonna vote ElectraX anyway and hope for a mistake on Lotuzia's side. :P

Ingonator wrote:Hi,

my 5th vote goes to : Tone2 ElectraX

Ingo
Lotuzia wrote:Last clue : It doesn't import standard Wav or Aiff samples, nor SF2 files. ( This should allow you to eliminate a couple of more synths from the short list ).
:dog:

I guess that hint excludes ElectraX as it also could import samples...

Lotuzia wrote: more filters than just an HPF + LPF combo( Actually it has a lot of filters ) I
I guess this could exclude Rayblaster but as Ryblaster could "extract" filter responses from imported waveforms it could still be true... :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Largo
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

It sounds like there is some FM in there.

Ableton Operator or FM8 maybe

I love to play detectives and i was doing my homeworks from this evening until now (4 a.m at Spain) discarding everything that was possible and re-screwing the screw and playing some demos.
I will write all what i could extract from all the posts (by smashing logic) when the winner has been announced.

I'm between two synths finally.
But i can't guess until tomorrow (a few hours)

Thanks for the mind game, good luck and have a nice day :)

my final vote is going on Zebra 2.5 ;)

My last guess, the other synth that i don't have yet, imposcar 2.
musisikamar.com

Dune.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

My final guess is Aalto.

My 5 votes so far (Synthix, Rayblaster, Gladiator, Dune, ElectraX) were about synths i own myself and except Synthix (my first vote) the other 4 should have been able to do those sounds in the demos.
Without the additional hints of Laurent it would have been hard to exclude one of those.

Based on all hints given so far maybe all of my guesses were wrong but choosing another one would be just a rough guess as i'm not fully convinced about the remaining choices.
About some like e.g. Harmor or ANA i have less experiences as i only checked the demo versions.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Although there is a higher number of factors that says to me that it is a Zebra and also i couldn't test Largo properly. (Demo expired)

I will choose Largo as my final guess.

Because i already got a NFR Zebra.
I will come with all my detective notes when the winner have been announced.

I got fun.

Have a good day, buddies :)

Lotuzia wrote:
As for this synth, my guess is that a lot of people will be surprised :)
One thing that strikes me is that if "this synth" would be a "big" synth like e.g. Zebra 2, ElectraX or Largo which all got a huge sonic range and many features i would not really call it a "surprise" that they could do all those sounds.

Rayblaster on the other hand seems to be quite limited at the first look but could be very powerful if you know how to use it.

IrionDaRonin wrote:
Because i already got a NFR Zebra.
As already mentioned i already own all 5 synths i voted for (and 3 are NFR) but that did not prevent me from voting. I mostly did participate to have some fun.
If i win i'm mostly intererested in the soundset and the synth could go to someone else.

IrionDaRonin wrote:
We are in the second day, so my new attemp is:

Z3ta+ 2
Somehow i totally ignored that synth here (BTW i got that one too...). Was it officially excluded yet?

Could be a valid choice but it seems to be missing e.g. dedicated Mono modes (legato seems to automatically used when polyphony is set to 1).
Also got no dedicated Unison but the "Multi" Osc mode with up to 8 detuned waveforms.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Well I don't know it at all, so I'll guess Largo. :)
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

I'm firmly convinced that it is Rayblaster.

Have a good one!

flyinger wrote:I'm firmly convinced that it is Rayblaster.

Have a good one!
Same here. I should have voted it a second time instead of ElectraX as a new choice.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Soundware”