Guess the Synth 17 : Divinity 170+ presets for DIVERSION : Released

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today's guess: Gladiator

my guess for today is Oxium
:)

After listening to the 3rd demo again i listened to the Delay FX and this seems to be a "Ping Pong" Delay. I got e.g. Oxium, Saurus and also Waves Element but none of them seems to contain that kind of Delay FX.

On the other hand Rayblaster (which was my last vote) got different Delay modes including a Ping Pong one.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I guess,PolyKB II

My guess for today is... Discodsp Discovery pro?

Yes Ingo the analysis of the effects is indeed a good solution. I'll help a bit

Does this synth has this or that kind of delay, and also, does it have a chorus, a phaser, or ... a reverb.

Also in the second and third demo you can hear several presets wich can help, like what play mode have this synth, or what kind of filters does it have on board. Or to phrase it in a different way, for example, does a synth with only a LPF could produce all these instruments ?

All these are valid questions indeed :)

Good luck to all players, we're not done with this one. I hope you guys enjoy the game.

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Just got another idea and doing some tests with that plugin... :)
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

3rd day, so my 3rd guess is Rayblaster

Not sure if someone else already guessed RB or not, oh well. :)

And, in from left field, a wild guess:

Gamma-Ray.
"Whatever you do, make good art." -- Neil Gaiman
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | YouTube | Blackjack Rose | Studio Gear List
Primary Instruments: Roland VR-730, Deepmind 12 | Other Instruments: Nord Lead 2X, Roland JD-Xi

My 3rd guess is Gladiator.

Everything i heard so far should be possible with it. This includes the FXs and the Unison (which i guess was used in the last demo) and also the HCM for the "digital" sounds.

My last guess was already mentioned 2 times before mine so i would not win with that anyway... :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Examigan wrote:3rd day, so my 3rd guess is Rayblaster

Not sure if someone else already guessed RB or not, oh well. :)
It doesn't matter if it has already been mentioned, Examigan, because, should Rayblaster be the right answer, there are TWO synths to win during this first game, and there will be a THIRD synth to win with the second game, once the name of the synth has been found. ( See the rules in my first posts for complete details )

So that : Everybody can still win this synthesizer, together with the soundbank :)

Keep on voting :)

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Ingonator wrote:My 3rd guess is Gladiator.

Everything i heard so far should be possible with it. This includes the FXs and the Unison (which i guess was used in the last demo) and also the HCM for the "digital" sounds.

My last guess was already mentioned 2 times before mine so i would not win with that anyway... :)

Ingo
Hi Ingo, like I said just above, there are TWO synths to win atm for the current game, and the second winner will be the person who will guess the synth right in the nth place.

For Gladiator, well, I've already made a soundset for it available on Le Lotus Bleu. This soundset contained many "different" instruments, like a lot of hybrid ones, but I have to say its unfortunately currently my worstselling soundbank by far.

So that it's more than unlikely than this synth might be Gladiator.

Then for a reason or another my take on HCM synthesis it that it gives some 'blurry' instruments, when there's a lot of modulations. ( And I like to create apparent 'simple and efficient' instruments, but with tons of 'hidden' real time modulations inside. )

Imho the overall sound of this synthesizer is much more direct than HCM synthesis.

But you're right : Fine ears, this synth has unisson :tu:

Then for everyone : This synth has a reverb, so it's not ..... Oxium. Yes experimented programmers can fake reverb with accurate release, blurred delay, and special modulations etc etc. To a certain point. Imo not to the point that can be heard in the demos; So this alone should help to eliminate some synths from the list.

LtZ

Damn, i just changed my vote and shortly after that got another idea (before Laurent posted his reply). Have to wait until tomorrow...

Lotuzia wrote:
Hi Ingo, like I said just above, there are TWO synths to win atm for the current game, and the second winner will be the person who will guess the synth right in the nth place.
Looks like i missed that somehow during my decision...
Lotuzia wrote: For Gladiator, well, I've already made a soundset for it available on Le Lotus Bleu. This soundset contained many "different" instruments, like a lot of hybrid ones,
Did know about that one but i thought why not another one... :)
I did not really know about those problems you mentioned.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

day 4: Diversion

Ingonator wrote:Damn, i just changed my vote and shortly after that got another idea (before Laurent posted his reply). Have to wait until tomorrow...

Lotuzia wrote:
Looks like i missed that somehow during my decision...
Lotuzia wrote: For Gladiator, well, I've already made a soundset for it available on Le Lotus Bleu. This soundset contained many "different" instruments, like a lot of hybrid ones,
Did know about that one but i thought why not another one... :)
I did not really know about those problems you mentioned.

Ingo
Well I made the rules to ensure that players could have a bit of fun during at least 5 days, and so that everybody could still play and get the chance to win the synth. I tried to keep it simple but people are so used to the same "guess the synth" rules that most dont really read the rules anymore. There are three synths to win :)

As for Gladiator, well, the developpers themselves advertised it as a 'Trance synthesizer'. Imho its better suited to make very hybrid patches, but maybe I'm wrong. In any case my soundset for it did not reach the right users, and Gladiator's standard users, wich were probably waiting for some dance oriented soundbanks. Anyway everybody has to learn form his errors so that was not to bad. The Soundset I made after Gladiator was the ImpOscar one, and this one is currently one one of our bestsellers :)

LtZ

Return to “Soundware”