Guess the Synth 17 : Divinity 170+ presets for DIVERSION : Released

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lotuzia wrote: more filters than just an HPF + LPF combo( Actually it has a lot of filters ) It can be CPU demanding, but not with the presets of my soundbank. Last clue : It doesn't import standard Wav or Aiff samples, nor SF2 files. LtZ
I decided it can't be Rayblaster becuase of this. Even though RB can mimic different filter sounds, it doesn't really have one technically. Unless it is a play on words, and he means it can imitate the sound of many filters.

But RB can import WAV files, so ...

I'm sticking with Zebra2

:)

New day, new guess:

Rob Papen's Blue

Comments:
--I'm surprised Saurus wasn't on the shortlist. It fits a lot of the categories.
--Unless there was some sort of peace accord signed between developers, I'd be shocked if it were Zebra.

Examigan wrote:
Lotuzia wrote: more filters than just an HPF + LPF combo( Actually it has a lot of filters ) It can be CPU demanding, but not with the presets of my soundbank. Last clue : It doesn't import standard Wav or Aiff samples, nor SF2 files. LtZ
I decided it can't be Rayblaster becuase of this. Even though RB can mimic different filter sounds, it doesn't really have one technically. Unless it is a play on words, and he means it can imitate the sound of many filters.

I'm sticking with Zebra2

Lotuzia wrote: more filters than just an HPF + LPF combo( Actually it has a lot of filters )
Maybe no "physical" filters but it could import many different filter responses. When loading two different responses to one oscillator you could even mix those.
Lotuzia wrote: It can be CPU demanding
This could be true for RB. CPU could go from almost zero to very high depending on how you use it.
Lotuzia wrote:It doesn't import standard Wav or Aiff samples, nor SF2 files. LtZ
Rayblaster usually does not import "standard samples" but shorter waveforms and mostly single cycles. The way how RB treats those imported waveforms goes beyond "simple" playback as in other "ROMplers".
Samples imported with the Resynthesis feature also don't seem to really act like "standard samples".

Those are the reasons why it should be still possible IMO. Of course i could be totally wrong.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

@ Ingo

I'll second that!

I think I remain the only person to have suggested Predator (a few days ago now). I've stuck with it since suggesting it.

I don't have it but I listen to Laurent's demos, and to Rob's demos, and I think its possible. My suspicions are deepened though by it fitting all the non-aural clues that have been dropped.

Am I mad (I'm old and my hearing is not that good any more)?

I also should've vote for RB instead of ElectraX 3 times. :bang:

lnikj wrote:I think I remain the only person to have suggested Predator (a few days ago now). I've stuck with it since suggesting it.

I don't have it but I listen to Laurent's demos, and to Rob's demos, and I think its possible. My suspicions are deepened though by it fitting all the non-aural clues that have been dropped.

Personally i think it is totally possible it's Predator but i am not really convinced about that.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Examigan wrote:

I'm sticking with Zebra2

Lotuzia wrote: more filters than just an HPF + LPF combo( Actually it has a lot of filters )
Maybe no "physical" filters but it could import many different filter responses.
Lotuzia wrote: It can be CPU demanding
This could be true for RB. CPU could go from almost zero to very high depending on how you use it.
Lotuzia wrote:It doesn't import standard Wav or Aiff samples, nor SF2 files. LtZ
Rayblaster usually does not import "standard samples" but shorter waveforms and mostly single cycles.
Samples imported with the Resynthesis feature also don't seem to really act like "standard samples".

Those are the reasons why it should be still possible IMO. Of course i could be totally wrong.

Ingo
Hi Ingo

I had guessed Rayblaster at one point, and I already have a NFR of that great synth. :) If I did get a copy of it from this, I'd just let someone else have it (my brother would love that -hehe), if it's possible to give that to someone else, transfer licence, etc.

Even though a few others guessed Zebra, I kinda hope it is Zebra as that's one I don't have...even though I was like the 3rd one that day to guess it. Still confused about the rules, oh well. 8)

-Rob

Examigan wrote:
Even though a few others guessed Zebra, I kinda hope it is Zebra as that's one I don't have...even though I was like the 3rd one that day to guess it. Still confused about the rules, oh well. 8)

-Rob
Hi Rob,

for the second place it looks like a specific number will be used which does not have to be the second vote for that synth.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

i also vote rayblaster for this last vote. it would be a good choice too, being recent, powerful, and weird :)

i ruled out blue & predator because they don't appear to import samples. i am reading the clue that it doesn't import 'standard wav or aiff files, nor sf2' that it imports some kind of wav files, just not as samples. could be reading that wrong though - then those would be good choices. ruled out several others because of that too. zebra is too popular to surprise anyone. i still think it's largo, but i already voted for that one (first :) so no need to vote for that again - it's powerful, but everyone will be 'surprised' because it doesn't seem to get a lot of love, and it is rumored to be very cpu-heavy.

3rd and final attempt by me , Zebra?

lnikj wrote:I think I remain the only person to have suggested Predator (a few days ago now). I've stuck with it since suggesting it.

You are not mad.
But personally, the only thing that made me step back about Predator is that Lotuzia said something about a "curve for envelopes" which i took literally as a drawn curve. There is no curve in predator, just ADSRs.
Also, Lotuzia said something about "The two winners have NOT been found yet", and you already guessed before that post from him. Which could be a little tricky too, due the two winners have NOT been found yet, (just one of them)

I love this logical stuff and playing detectives. :hihi:

That's why i still think that it is Zebra or maybe Electrax, maybe Rayblaster which i own NFR versions too.
But these two last can load samples (single cycle or whatever but they are wav samples)
And Zebra load "single cycle waveforms" but are not wav, add that it have lot of filters and extra envelopes.

I just wanted to give a stab in the dark with Largo just in case, but not sure about it, because i couldn't test the demo properly in the past. And although my mind is forcing me that it is a Zebra in all cases, i'm sticked to Largo.

Have a nice day :)

New Day, New Guess: ElectraX

Ingonator wrote:
Examigan wrote:

-Rob
Hi Rob,

for the second place it looks like a specific number will be used which does not have to be the second vote for that synth.

Ingo
Yes Ingo that's it :)

To win the second licence of this synth, someone has to guess it in the Nth place : 1<n<10, so it could be the 2nd 3rd, 4rth, 5th ........ 9th place.

And to Examigan and Ingo again : About filters, I did not play with words. This synth has many filters. Well English is not my native language, so I'm trying to phrase things in the most precise and accurate possible way, and sometimes errors do happen, but not this time I think. Thus some mystery can remain sometimes, but when the synth will be revealed, I think that you will see that everything was right in the clues I gave ( crossing fingers here :wink: :hihi: )

Ad thanks once again for beeing totally in harmony with the spirit of this little game : Debatting clues, making analysis, helping other players as a consequence, yes all this is :tu:

I have just finished the first separate instruments video demo, and the second one is on its way, meanwhile, I've added some presets to the soundset, and sketched a quick 5th minitrack demo, that I'll try to post tonite, just for the fun.

Keep on voting :)

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
And to Examigan and Ingo again : About filters, I did not play with words. This synth has many filters. Well English is not my native language, so I'm trying to phrase things in the most precise and accurate possible way, and sometimes errors do happen, but not this time I think. Thus some mystery can remain sometimes, but when the synth will be revealed, I think that you will see that everything was right in the clues I gave ( crossing fingers here :wink: :hihi: )
Looks like my last chance (except the 3rd place game...) is that it is ElectraX then (my last vote) even if it could import samples which could exclude that one... :cry:

...or is there still a chance for Dune? :)

Based on the hints about envelopes and Mono modes maybe not.

There is one synth of the remaining choices that i don't have but i would be interested in but i'll keep that for me until the next vote (maybe for the 3rd place...). :wink:
I got no clue why i did not submit at least one vote for that one... :bang:
It seems to have got only 2 votes here so far.
At least two of my votes seemed to more or less "wasted" ones.

UPDATE:
Just tested the demo of that synth again (last time was some weeks ago) and it really could be THIS synth... :o

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Soundware”