Guess the Synth 17 : Divinity 170+ presets for DIVERSION : Released

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rayblaster

Still has a Xils type sound to my ears.. but I've already guessed Oxium :hihi:

Lotuzia wrote:
So what to hear in this clip : The first chord instrument should give you some clues about a certain module in the Synth. The second top lead should give you the following clue : This synth have several mono modes, including legato, like IDRonin :tu: perfectly deciphered it. The different dance risers are made with misc envelopes, different from the VCA and VCF enveloppes, so this synth has additonal enveloppes as well. In the 4rth part, some of you will certainly decipher a particular type of enveloppes. ( Well it could be also a ramped LFO but its not, there's a 'curve' ) Then in the last part, the noise shuffler and hit have a big reverb : You can fully appreciate the reverb at the end f the clip :)
Sounds a bit like Rayblaster to me (was my 2nd vote)...

It got a nice Reverb, Ping Pong Delay, Unison, 3rd "real" envelope, different mono modes and "fixed envelopes" (e.g. "Decay 2s") available from the mod matrix... :)
Besides that Rayblaster is perfectly capable of doing both "analog" and "digital" sounding stuff. It could also have a very "raw" sound which some of the other remaining synths maybe do not have in that way.

The CPU use of RB could vary very much from almost zero to very high, depending on how you program it. I guess this kind of behavior is what you mentioned about your patches.

- ElectraX 1.4 got those fixed envelopes too and also most of those other features of Rayblaster including a possible "raw" kind of sound.

- Dune, which was my last vote, got onyl a 3rd "normal" envelope" and just a "Mono" On/Off switch.

- Largo got Unison, Reverb, Delay, multiple envelopes with different modes and wavetables for digital sounds. Anyway the Delay does not seem to fit to the 3rd audio demo.

- Harmor seems to include most of the requested features too. Same for e.g. Synthmaster and Diversion.

- Predator seems to meet most of those features including the extra waveforms for "digital" sounds (+ FM) and also mono mode + additional envelopes.

- Checked the SonicAcademy ANA demo and it could be possible but the Delay does not seem to fit so i would exclude it.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

tuesday vote - harmor. it has a reverb that sounds kind of like that, ping pong delay, lots of different unison options, and a whole ton of envelopes with arbitrary waveforms. it can sound like a lot of different things, since you can import just about any waveform (or picture!) into it, but most of the analogue-style stuff i've heard from it kind of have a similar basic sound.

Second guess: Diva

Rayblaster. But it is a guess, still didn't find 'the' clue in the sound to really distinct it.

Synthmaster ?

adam66 wrote:Synthmaster ?
No way :lol:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Here's the shortlist :

Aalto, ACE, Blue, Corona, CRX4, Diversion, Dune, ElektraX, ImpOscar 2, Largo, Predator, Rayblaster, Zebra 2.5

A little additional help ? From this list I'll exclude ACE ( No reverb + I've made a giant soundset for it ), and ImpOscar 2 ( For the exact same reasons )

This synth has a reverb, additional envelopes -VS just VCA+VCF EVs-, and complex ones, a StepSequencer ( Wich I think is quite obvious in the 4rth demo :wink: ), more filters than just an HPF + LPF combo( Actually it has a lot of filters ) It can be CPU demanding, but not with the presets of my soundbank. Last clue : It doesn't import standard Wav or Aiff samples, nor SF2 files. ( This should allow you to eliminate a couple of more synths from the short list ). It has monolegato mode. Its a quite versatile synth, as the demos hopefully demonstrate.

Do I feel the final rush ?

Vote, Win the synth, Enjoy :)

( Demos are centralised in the first post of this thread )

Note : In any case this first game will end tomorrow midnight French hour, so that everybody can still vote ONE time.

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Zebra 2.5

Zebra 2.5 again? :o

(edit: ah, I wasn't the first one who guessed this, but really, are there any alternatives left with complex envelopes?)
Last edited by Timfonie on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Crx4?
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

I don't think I picked one for today,
so I say it's Zebra2

Hi,

my 5th vote goes to : Tone2 ElectraX

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Zebra

My guess for today is Aalto :)

Return to “Soundware”