Guess the Synth 17 : Divinity 170+ presets for DIVERSION : Released

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Grats to the winners, well done. :)

chk071 wrote:Grats to the winners, well done. :)
+1

:)

vurt wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:So here's the first separate instruments video/audio demo for Divinity.

Diversionis is a generalist synth, but ..... with a distinct identity. I hope that some of the instruments showcased in these videos will hopefully help to demonstrate this. The 1rst patch in the video is the Keys I also used in the Funk demo. You can now hear it in isolation, and hear its specific sound : it will take its place in any mix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKV1P13LxL8

LtZ
theres a t in patches
might wanna sort that out in the vid ;)
Thanks Vurt, shame on me :oops:

Well the typo will stay in the video but at least I changed the base image for it.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

lnikj wrote:Hi Guys

Today is a good day!

I've finished painting the woodwork in my house, the sun has come out for the first time for days, and I've come home to find I am a lucky(!!!) winner of this great competition!

It has got better in that as I already own the incredible Diversion Dmitry has made me a fabulously generous alternative offer.

And now I'm taking the other half out to dinner and then to the pub to watch the Chelsea champions league match - her team, not mine, before anybody starts hurling abuse :-)

Sorry if I sound smug but as I said it's a good day! Here goes with the Oscar acceptance speech ....

Thanks to Laurent for running such a great competition, Dmitry for his incredible generosity, and all participants for making it such fun - and tipping me off in the end that it was a synth I own, Diversion, and not one that I don't (Predator). I acknowledge that I am a lucky winner and that some of you probably deserved it more!
Glad you received Divinity lNIKj :)

Hope you'll enjoy the instruments :)

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Ingonator wrote:Some Beautiful sounds in that video. :)

Ingo
Thanks Ingo :hug:

Thanks for ... all :)

flyinger wrote:
So when do I get my free nfr license to Diversion? :ud:

We can skip this guessing synth business and just hand me the prize.

The vultures are circling. 8)

You're calling me a bird of prey? :-o

I'm mearly offering an incredible service they can't refuse.. I am willing, under great pains, to take over one of these Diversion licenses at no cost. I know, I know.. I get the bad end of the bargain, but I must. It is not something everyone would do you know. And no horse heads are involved.

:hihi:

Resonator63 wrote:
Vaylos wrote:Congrats to the both of you. On to the next round I guess, hah!
I've been in training, i'm ready :box:

Ding!Ding! Round Two

Yes round will begin tomorrow, it will be shorter dont worry :)

At the moment I'm just exhausted as I just finished Divinity page on the site, and finally could UL the second separate instruments demo on youtube ( after 4 tries :? )

So tomorrow a new game with another DIVERSION licence to win, together with the Divinity soundset.

I've been going through Laurent's soundset this morning and it really shows off the versatility of Diversion. That said, I think the synth excels at leads, and Laurent has some really great patches here; I also particularly liked the pads.

Good luck to everybody in the competition today!

Great synth! Lately I've been using Diva, but I always go back to Diversion when I know what I need :)

J.Hartmann wrote:Great synth! Lately I've been using Diva, but I always go back to Diversion when I know what I need :)
What kind of system do you use? Both Diva and Diversion demos totally bring my 3 years old quad core to its knees. Probably if I would once try to use both synths in the same track my CPU would explode.

recursive one wrote:
J.Hartmann wrote:Great synth! Lately I've been using Diva, but I always go back to Diversion when I know what I need :)
What kind of system do you use? Both Diva and Diversion demos totally bring my 3 years old quad core to its knees. Probably if I would once try to use both synths in the same track my CPU would explode.
Well, sorry but this is just false, or more probably .... badly informed : All the Multitracks minisongs demos ( that you can find in the first post of this thread ) were performed without having to freeze ANY track ( and some use a lot of instances of Diversion ) on my ANTIQUE quad core 9650 PC ( 4 years old ).

The first track for example, the Soul/Funky one, use barely noticeable CPU !

So Diversion can be VERY Cpu efficient, it's all depending on your Sound Design, and the choices you make. CPU intensive parameters are the Unisson, big oversampling settings, and the release parameters of all envelopes. If you can master this, then Diversion is no more CPU intensive than many synthesizers, like Xils-lab Oxium, wich was considered like CPU demanding, although I could make demos without freezing any tracks while using up to 10 !!! instances of it in these tracks.

Then you can find some CPU demanding presets, both in Diversion and Oxium, but these will commonly have big unisson settings, and longgggg releases. This is definitely not required for most presets, so its up to people to handle it. Then if you use these cpu eater features these synths will sound like nothing else comparable.

Btw, in Divinity, ALL presets were designed to match this point : Beeing played in a very comfortable way on my old 9650 system. I have another 30 presets that were more CPU intensive, and I did not include them in the bank. These ones will remain to be used for my private customers only.

LtZ

That was just my personal experience with the demo. Of cource, I messed with oversampling and especially with unison since I like unison based sounds.I think if some feature is included into a synth it must be useable.

Yes, I was kinda exaggregating in first my post. With some of the factory patches, especially those not using unison, the demo ran relatively smoothly but I got overall impression that I can't use many instances of the synth comfortably until I upgrade my hardware.

My demo try was short, though. May be I should download the demo one more time, given that the synth sounds awesome and is on sale now.

recursive one wrote:
I can run them fine in their normal quality, I have a i7 quad core, 16GB RAM. Diversion can get heavy if you turn on all the OSC. Diva is easier to control, it has four options for acuracy.

lnikj wrote:I've been going through Laurent's soundset this morning and it really shows off the versatility of Diversion. That said, I think the synth excels at leads, and Laurent has some really great patches here; I also particularly liked the pads.

Good luck to everybody in the competition today!
Thanks a lot lNIKj :oops: :hug: Glad you like it.

____--------

I think that whatever the musical genre on's in, Divinity will offer some usefull patches for one's music.

Opposite to some of my soundbanks, wich are sometimes 'No Trance/hardfloor Presets included', I see Divinity as very versatile.

But well, maybe its just me :)

Nice job with the patches...

Really surprised it took so long for someone to guess this one.

It shows how overlooked this great synth really is. :)

Return to “Soundware”