Guess the Synth 17 : Divinity 170+ presets for DIVERSION : Released

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jsp1979 wrote:New day, new guess:

TAL UNO-LX
Hmmm Jsp1979,

Tal Uno-Lx doesnt have a reverb on board, and I have more than doubts that the conjonction of the simple HPF filter with the classic LPF filter would allow to recreate some of the presets heard in the demos. In other words, Tal Uno just cant approach some of the instruments.

I just finished today the rendering of the separate instruments audio demos, and I must say that I'm pleased with the results.

Tomorrow I'll also post the CPU benchmarks of the audio demos : I did not have to freeze a simple track on my antique Quad 9650 to make the demos. So this will, hopefully, be an interesting clue.

Then everybody can still vote : There are still some synths, together with the soundsets, to win :)

( Warned you, it was a challenging one )

Then thanks to everybody for your votes : PolyKBII, ElektraX, Saurus, Rayblaster, Synthix, Diva, Ultra Analog, MonoPoly, Diversion, ImpOscar, Oxium, ACE, Aalto, Corona, Preadator, Dune, Blue : So much great synths were already evoked ( No Omnisphere or Nexus or NI synths or well ... a lot of other synths 8) )

So this synth must sound damned good :!:

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Well I'm scratching my head here. Diversion?
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

7 pages and still no winner? :roll: Waves' new Element maybe? 8) Just a wild guess, it seems to have everything it takes to make those demos.
But from all the suggestions so far one can see that the sound as such is obviously not really a distinguishing factor anymore :wink:

Zebra 3. Because, I just want it to be.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

monday guess: waldorf largo.

2nd guess,
the Zebra?

my first guess: CRX4
Last edited by Soimmo on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kHz One i guess...

fluffy_little_something wrote:7 pages and still no winner? :roll: Waves' new Element maybe? 8) Just a wild guess, it seems to have everything it takes to make those demos.
But from all the suggestions so far one can see that the sound as such is obviously not really a distinguishing factor anymore :wink:
Once again there are TWO synthesizers licences to win + the soundset during this game ( there will be a third one once the name of the synth has been revealed )

The first winner is the first person who makes the right guess. A second winner is the Nth person who makes the right guess.

So that : Maybe the synth has already been found for the first winner. Or maybe not.

In any case the two winners has NOT been found until now. This at least I can declare.

At a given time, be it past, present or future, ie when only the second synth is to be won, people will have either to stick to their choice, to be the good Nth winner, either to change their choice everyday. So mentionning every day the same synth might be a win situation, especially if you really think it is that synth, or desire it the most.

To speed up the contest, I'll announce tomorrow if the synth has already been mentioned at least one time, .... or not :)

As for the sound, well its true, and not so true. Not so true because the sound is at the end of the day EVERYTHING in a synth. But true also is that it has to be taken in a relative POV because YOU are the humans behind the machines, so only YOU can make it shine, or less.

My job is to propose instruments, and as a side effect, or collateral tribute, is that if I may eventually give to people a wider idea, or interest, about what a given synth can do, then I'm very happy to do so, to share this with you. I have atm the very enjoyable position of someone who can afford to work only for synthesizers I really like, for one reason, or another, it doesnt matter. What matters is that I believe that these synthesizers can be used to create beautiful and usefull musical instruments, or "presets". And unique ones. ( Because the 'same' Rhodes EP I can make with Oxium, FM8 or with this synth do sound completely different : They are all Rhodish patches, but each with their own flavor )

Then my idea of a nice preset, is just my idea. Some will find them completely useless. So all this should be seen as a sonic proposal, a sonic temptation, something like that.

Like the temptation to win these mysterious synths :)

Keep on voting !

LtZ

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

What I meant is that when people (many of whom seem to know those synths they are suggesting) think all those various synths already mentioned might have been used, there obviously is no unique sound quality to most of them. A good sound designer can get very similar sounds out of different synths, as long as they are not utter crap of course. Nor do your demos feature any extraordinary sounds. That is why I think this game doesn't make much sense, I might as well play the lottery :D

Well, I'm out, adiós 8)

NI FM8

hakey wrote:NI FM8

Arrggg my guess too :-o

:D

Lotuzia wrote:At a given time, be it past, present or future, ie when only the second synth is to be won, people will have either to stick to their choice, to be the good Nth winner, either to change their choice everyday. So mentionning every day the same synth might be a win situation, especially if you really think it is that synth, or desire it the most.

Keep on voting !

LtZ
I have a doubt about rules.

I have about 4 synths that i tried to guess. But all my guesses count, right? Or only the last one? I'm not completelly sure about this.

Have a nice day Lotuzia :)

IrionDaRonin wrote: I have a doubt about rules.

I have about 4 synths that i tried to guess. But all my guesses count, right? Or only the last one? I'm not completelly sure about this.
Same here, i have no idea. :) I guess one vote per day, and everything you voted counts.

Nielzie wrote:
hakey wrote:NI FM8

Arrggg my guess too :-o

:D
To IDR and Chk071, Nielzie and Hakey :

Yes all votes counts !

Lets take the example of these two honorable gentlemen Nielzie and my old friend Hakey :

If the synth is FM8 ( Its not :wink: because I already made a 260+ preset soundbank for Le Lotus Bleu and I wont revisit FM8 for a long time, not counting the extraodinary Nori's soundbank, aslo on Le Lotus Bleu for the FM8 )

If Hakey was the first to mention FM8 ( and I think he is -not sure though- )

He would have won the FM8 and the soundset

Then if the second winner is to be the SECOND to mention the right synth ( The magic number is any number between 2 and 9 BUT is already fixed, and was transmitted to the CEO of the company who released this synth ), then Nielzie would have won the second synth ( and the game will end there btw and I would announce the winner )

If the Magic numer is 3, then only the next ( = third ) person who mention FM8 would won the second licence. etc.

Alas ............ it's not the FM8 :)

So every vote counts, each day, and sticking to always the same synth seems as valid as changing synth each day. 0_0

LtZ

Return to “Soundware”