Sampletank 3 released when?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, I imagine you have an 'Igor' or two working for you, eh?
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Numanoid wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Well you can tell by the responses here that Sampletank 3 is highly anticipated......I'd say that's a good thing...... :wink:
:roll: Is there life on Mars? That's a pretty far out conclusion.
Is it really ? So why your bitchy first post in the thread ?
Numanoid wrote:
braj wrote:Oh what a nice day it will be when that news is real. Any word from the IK guys on this?
:x :x :x

This is like a spam message -> "you are one of the lucky winners"
What a nice day it will be when you win the lottery
What a nice day it will be when you date Kate Upton
What a nice day it will be when ....
If you didn't care if Sampletank 3 was released why post such an angry response ? Just like being bitchy for the sake of it.....

Posts like the next one can certainly be interpreted that the poster is disappointed that ST3 is not released:
Arglebargle wrote:You son of a bitch.
I certainly responded because I'm anticipating ST3 although I knew the thread was false. So no it's not a "pretty far out conclusion". :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Is it really ? So why your bitchy first post in the thread ?
Numanoid wrote:
braj wrote:Oh what a nice day it will be when that news is real. Any word from the IK guys on this?
:x :x :x

This is like a spam message -> "you are one of the lucky winners"
What a nice day it will be when you win the lottery
What a nice day it will be when you date Kate Upton
If you didn't care if Sampletank 3 was released why post such an angry response ? Just like being bitchy for the sake of it.....
The reason for my angry reply is that I don't expect KVR forum to be used as a provider of "spam" messages.

When I go into this forum I expect news items are genuine.

When I clicked on the post to check the news, I felt that I had been tricked or rickrolled into clicking on the post.

So that was why my immediate feedback was pretty agitated, because I felt I had fallen for a trick ;)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:If it helps, I hear the phrase "SampleTank 3" uttered in a weekly meeting and it is about positive movement forward. So there's always that.
I hear the word "progress" at our weekly meetings at work.......I haven't seen any of that in a long time either..... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Numanoid wrote: When I clicked on the post to check the news, I felt that I had been tricked or rickrolled into clicking on the post.
But if you didn't care about Sampletank 3 why would you even bother clicking on the thread ? That can be perceived as "anticipation". :shrug:
Numanoid wrote:
The reason for my angry reply is that I don't expect KVR forum to be used as a provider of "spam" messages.
We'll have to delete 80% of the threads then....... :lol:

Teksonik wrote:But if you didn't care about Sampletank 3 why would you even bother clicking on the thread ? That can be perceived as "anticipation". :shrug:
VST plugins are like a toy shop for me, I'm interested in all kind of news, I don't just check news about products I must have, I read most of them 8)
We'll have to delete 80% of the threads then....... :lol:
That might be a good idea. Moderator are you listening in? :D

But at any rate I think Braj was just trying to have some fun and I took the hostile responses as people were pissed that S23 had not in fact been release...hence the "anticipation".

I am personally looking forward to ST3 since I don't own Kontakt...yet. So giving IK the benefit of the doubt maybe ST3 is going to be such a huge upgrade that it will blow everything else out of the water and that's why it's taking so long to develop......or IK has focused it's resources on the iMarket and if those smaller apps are generating a lot of revenue I don't blame them one bit. It makes perfect business sense.

Or it could just be that the wheels turn slowly at IK.....we need only witness the fact that it's now over 2 months since the TRacks Custom Shop release and still no official release version fix for the "Restore My Gear" issue....(yes I know you're rolling multiple fixes etc) but still.....:shrug:

Teksonik wrote:But at any rate I think Braj was just trying to have some fun
Hopefully the OP will learn from the responses he got, that his "comedy routine" is not yet of Jerry Seinfeld quality ;)

Users need to understand difference between a forum and facebook.

In facebook just your friends will see your postings, and they are probably in on the joke, so it would be funny there.

But in a forum like this, here everybody will see the postings one make, either if they want or not, you have to keep that in mind.

This forum isn't one specific thing to every single user. Trust me, I know you can't please everybody here. Seems that if this has happened before, one could simple see that braj is the author of a thread and avoid those? I'm pretty sure I'm on the receiving end of that procedure sometimes, and I can still sleep at night :shrug:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:If it helps, I hear the phrase "SampleTank 3" uttered in a weekly meeting and it is about positive movement forward. So there's always that.
Has a circa date been set?

What kind of improvements can we expect: 64 bit support, resizeable GUI, midi-learn, new library content, integration with Windows 8 touch screen capabilities?

2013 is the only date I have now. Features will be forthcoming but I'd have to check for specifics and see what we know is coming before posting anything. I don't want to overhype or anything, and if I misstep like a calculation I had made with Gear Credits for the new T-RackS gear I don't enjoy the tar and feather suit :)

Numanoid wrote: Hopefully the OP will learn from the responses he got
Hopefully you will learn a thing or two yourself :roll: Like cultivating the freedom to ignore my postings, freedom to not take things so seriously, freedom to develop a sense of humor, all these things I wish for you :hihi:
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

So I am assuming there will be Custom Shop integration, I wonder what that will look like.

What? You have not been banned yet? :-D
People have lost their sense of humor.. Too bad. This thread did one positive thing for me. It confirmed that JBridged version of ST is not usable. In fact I was about to create a thread to confirm this. In Reaper it starts stuttering as if the buffer is too low. 32 bit version works okay so yes a proper 64 bit version would be awesome.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:2013 is the only date I have now. Features will be forthcoming but I'd have to check for specifics and see what we know is coming before posting anything.
Well 2013 is pretty close!

What do you reckon upgrade price will be for users with SampleTank 2 license?

Return to “Instruments”