Anyone running with Terratec Komplexer?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

echopark wrote:Is it possible to install Komlexer on Windows 7 64 Bit.
I wanna use it with Cubase 32Bit.
yes
ImageImageImage

Nielzie wrote:I still have the official Komplexer 1.0 installation CD. Nice synth, but worst copy protection ever -> CD check :bang:

I don't know how the OP does it exactly, but I tried lots of times and this synth has never worked on my Vista/7/8 OS configurations :(
Can't you make a CD image of the installation CD and load that into a virtual drive, when you start Komplexer, so that you "trick" the programme into thinking the Komplexer CD is in the physical drive.

chaosWyrM wrote:
echopark wrote:Is it possible to install Komlexer on Windows 7 64 Bit.
I wanna use it with Cubase 32Bit.
yes
Explain precisely how please

"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

I have Komplexor v 1.020 and it is the last update of the Komplexor.
And some extra sound banks.

No copy protection simply install in your vst map.

I run on windows 7 64 bit and a 32 bit DAW without problems.

I have owned Largo and Micro Q but it was a while ago Komplexor sounds better than Largo according to me more like a hardware synth.

And in relation to the Micro Q its almost the same but I played the Micro Q through the preamp and then it becomes a different story.

I do not remember where I bought it i have it for many years on a CD.

Anyone who is interested can get in touch. PM and so on..

chaosWyrM wrote:
izonin wrote:Largo is the same synth with better filters, minus the ability to import wavetables. And yes, Micro Q sounds very different. Komplexer doesn't have the same filters/filter drive algos as uQ.
so is it correct to say, for anyone who really wants komplexer, but cant find it or doesnt want to use abandonware, they should just get largo?

that was my impression of the situation.
No. Completely different synths. Largo and Komplexer are similar only on the outside. It's obvious that Largo was built upon the idea of Komplexer, but they sound totally different. Largo = harsh, screaming, digital sounds very much like Waldorf Microwave. Komplexer = smooth, airy, lush, and IMHO better for analogue emulation (though Largo is also good in that regard). Even with the Q wavetable set that they both share, they sound distinct.
No signature here!

Thanks Arakula !

So I just buyed Komplexer for 29 € + Shipping Costs in a shop. :love:
Think it's a no brainer for that money !

Reinhard

echopark wrote:So I just buyed Komplexer for 29 € + Shipping Costs in a shop. :love:
Most definitely!

Do you have link to that sale?

Numanoid wrote:
echopark wrote:So I just buyed Komplexer for 29 € + Shipping Costs in a shop. :love:
Most definitely!

Do you have link to that sale?
Just did a search and found this one:

http://www.ks-music.at/Abverkauf/Komple ... sizer.html

For other synths that shop seems to be a bit more expensive than e.g. Thomann.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

A few years ago I bought an end of line terratec masterkeyboard with a free komplexer vsti license.
I like the komplexer sound very much but the latest version 1.020 crashes when the gui is not visible(opened).
Therefore I recommend to install the 1.010 version.

Yes, Ingonator was faster.
They have 17 on stock.

Yes, because they are not a normal shop. They are the distribution for Austria for this companies. If you have a company you will get better prices if you ask them.

Ingonator wrote: Just did a search and found this one:

A VERY tempting offer, but they are sending a physcial product, not a download, so shipping will add to the cost of €29?

What are the main drawbacks with using Komplexer now? I'm thinking:

-CD Check copy protection
-Problems running in Win 7
-No support from developer

Numanoid wrote:
Ingonator wrote: Just did a search and found this one:

A VERY tempting offer, but they are sending a physcial product, not a download, so shipping will add to the cost of €29?

What are the main drawbacks with using Komplexer now? I'm thinking:

-CD Check copy protection
-Problems running in Win 7
-No support from developer
I had tested it long time ago and one problem seemed to be that you had to load different wavetables from a file. In Largo you got a huge list of wavetables (around 68, all those included with e.g. Q, MicroQ, PPG Wave 2, Waldorf Wave and the Microwave) which you could select fro ma drop-down menu.
I'm not sure if Komplexer really saved the wavetables with the presets. AFAIK you had to load the correct wavetable files manually.

As others mentioned already Koplexer and Largo seem to sound quite different so Largo (or the other way around) is not a direct replacement anyway.

The Blofeld is more or less a hardware Largo but IMO sounds slightly different (better maybe...). Compared to both Largo and Komplexer it also contains the PPG filter model (was included with e.g. the Q), sample import and sice OS 1.15 also the ability to import user wavetables.

There are e.g. 16 wavetables based on the Prophet VS, MicroWave and SQ-80:
http://synth.stromeko.net/Downloads.html

While the Blofeld desktop is quite cheap the difference is a bit more than 100 euris as was mentioned in this thread. Together with the SL upgrade for using samples it's around 500 Euros (i pad 498 for both). As the Sl upgrade is already included with the keyboard version that one seems to be a bargain (price is around 699 Euros at Thomann).

Programming the Blofeld from the front panel using the matrix and the graphical display seems to work nicely. Of course the Q with it's tons of knobs is easier to use. The main drawback of the Q was that it only inclides two wavetables (Alt 1 and Alt 2 which are included with Largo and the Blofeld).

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

mikedw wrote:I have Komplexor v 1.020 and it is the last update of the Komplexor.
And some extra sound banks.

No copy protection simply install in your vst map.

I run on windows 7 64 bit and a 32 bit DAW without problems.

I have owned Largo and Micro Q but it was a while ago Komplexor sounds better than Largo according to me more like a hardware synth.

And in relation to the Micro Q its almost the same but I played the Micro Q through the preamp and then it becomes a different story.

I do not remember where I bought it i have it for many years on a CD.

Anyone who is interested can get in touch. PM and so on..
I also have Komplexer, but, AFAIK, I have to insert a serial number and insert the CD for verification. Then from time to time it asks for the CD again to check the authorization. If you have an update that solves this, I would be interested. Where can I get it?
Fernando (FMR)

I converted my MicroQ patches to Largo by making a template that loads MicroQ sysex and then sends all controller data as CC to Largo. Worked nicely for my patches. But of course no fx/arp stuff as they are too different in Largo. With a bit of eq the sound is 99,9% the same. Very hard to distinguish between the two. Happy :)
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

Return to “Instruments”