Anyone running with Terratec Komplexer?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ingonator wrote:
I'm not sure if Komplexer really saved the wavetables with the presets. AFAIK you had to load the correct wavetable files manually.
User wavetables are stored with the bank file. That's indeed far from being as flexible as in Largo, but it offers a wider choice of content (speech, sampled single notes, waveform collections... ).

fmr wrote:I also have Komplexer, but, AFAIK, I have to insert a serial number and insert the CD for verification. Then from time to time it asks for the CD again to check the authorization. If you have an update that solves this, I would be interested. Where can I get it?
Mine doesn't. Never did, except while updating to another version.
SoundDiver asks for a CD periodi(or rather idioti)cally; Komplexer doesn't.
So, if it does for you, something's obviously very wrong in your computer's registry.
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

arakula wrote:
fmr wrote:I also have Komplexer, but, AFAIK, I have to insert a serial number and insert the CD for verification. Then from time to time it asks for the CD again to check the authorization. If you have an update that solves this, I would be interested. Where can I get it?
Mine doesn't. Never did, except while updating to another version.
SoundDiver asks for a CD periodi(or rather idioti)cally; Komplexer doesn't.
So, if it does for you, something's obviously very wrong in your computer's registry.
Hmmm... have to check then. But so is there or is not a version that doesn't require a CD check, but just the serial?
Fernando (FMR)

So which is the best version to use?
Reading around it seems one update broke automation.

Version 1.0.2 adds SSE support etc.
I think Ive downloaded a v1.0.3 from somwhere as well.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

mikedw wrote:I have Komplexor v 1.020 and it is the last update of the Komplexor.
And some extra sound banks.

No copy protection simply install in your vst map.

I run on windows 7 64 bit and a 32 bit DAW without problems.

I have owned Largo and Micro Q but it was a while ago Komplexor sounds better than Largo according to me more like a hardware synth.

And in relation to the Micro Q its almost the same but I played the Micro Q through the preamp and then it becomes a different story.

I do not remember where I bought it i have it for many years on a CD.

Anyone who is interested can get in touch. PM and so on..
Ive just tried using all the updates 1, 2 and 3 but they all ask for the original CD. Ive taken the CD drive out of my laptop :(

VariKusBrainZ wrote:So which is the best version to use?

Yeah everything after 1.0.2 is broken re automation of the macros (causes a crash)

thanks for the advice

aMUSEd wrote:

Yeah everything after 1.0.2 is broken re automation of the macros (causes a crash)
Hi fellows,

just like to add that actually every other version except for version 1.0.1 (or better said 1.0.10) is broken in regards to automation of the macros
(and yes, I also once tried a 1.0.3 version, for which I got a link from Musonik I think).
If I remember correctly with version 1.0.2 a crash appeared while trying
to use the macros after opening the GUI of Komplexer - not only a crash of the application, but it made the whole computer unresponsive - only a hard reboot did help.
Still using V 1.0.1 here - though no SSE support here, but it really doesn't matter with the power of computers today.

And to those, who haven't seen arakula's reference to an older thread - Thanks Herb :),
the link to this version seems to be still valid:

http://ftp.terratec.de/Producer/KOMPLEXER/Updates/

BTW, you might check the Stromeko website mentioned in this thread for some wavetables for Komplexer - I imported microQ patches with those to get closer to the original sounds (the wavetables are saved with a bank file).

At last one remark - I really can't advice to buy this synth now - I mean, it's a great synth, and it's a shame how it went down - but actually you are on your own now and it won't be a x64 version and no support for it.

But Largo to me is no option either - no x64, no microQ import (and I would also need an import function for Komplexer presets for some 3th party sounds), no import of alternative Wavetables, no crossgrade from Waldorf to Komplexer owners (Yes, I also do blame Waldorf partly for the Komplexer mess...), obvious lack of support and updates to Largo itself.
So no love from me for Waldorf... Sir Wolgang Palm could give you an example how it's done (giving away PLEX for free and even providing an x64 version - with a little help from Sir "arakula" I think - thanks again).

OK, just some thoughts of mine...
Cheers

No shipping to Belgium :(

"Herb"? 8-)
But yes, I did the Windows x64 port of Plex.
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

Ingonator wrote:Just did a search and found this one:

http://www.ks-music.at/Abverkauf/Komple ... sizer.html

For other synths that shop seems to be a bit more expensive than e.g. Thomann.
Just did a look at the page again, it seems that shop is specializing in old software.

They are also selling Kore 2 Software Edition :o

€19 ain't a bad price.

losan wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:

Hi fellows,

just like to add that actually every other version except for version 1.0.1 (or better said 1.0.10) is broken in regards to automation of the macros
(and yes, I also once tried a 1.0.3 version, for which I got a link from Musonik I think).
If I remember correctly with version 1.0.2 a crash appeared while trying
to use the macros after opening the GUI of Komplexer - not only a crash of the application, but it made the whole computer unresponsive - only a hard reboot did help.
Still using V 1.0.1 here - though no SSE support here, but it really doesn't matter with the power of computers today.

And to those, who haven't seen arakula's reference to an older thread - Thanks Herb :),
the link to this version seems to be still valid:

http://ftp.terratec.de/Producer/KOMPLEXER/Updates/

BTW, you might check the Stromeko website mentioned in this thread for some wavetables for Komplexer - I imported microQ patches with those to get closer to the original sounds (the wavetables are saved with a bank file).

At last one remark - I really can't advice to buy this synth now - I mean, it's a great synth, and it's a shame how it went down - but actually you are on your own now and it won't be a x64 version and no support for it.

But Largo to me is no option either - no x64, no microQ import (and I would also need an import function for Komplexer presets for some 3th party sounds), no import of alternative Wavetables, no crossgrade from Waldorf to Komplexer owners (Yes, I also do blame Waldorf partly for the Komplexer mess...), obvious lack of support and updates to Largo itself.
So no love from me for Waldorf... Sir Wolgang Palm could give you an example how it's done (giving away PLEX for free and even providing an x64 version - with a little help from Sir "arakula" I think - thanks again).

OK, just some thoughts of mine...
Cheers
AND DONT FORGETT AUDIO-TERM FOR KOMPLEXER :)

arakula wrote:"Herb"? 8-)
But yes, I did the Windows x64 port of Plex.
Yeah... Her(mann Sei)b :D

Now serious, just a typo - sorry for that.

PietW. wrote:
AND DONT FORGETT AUDIO-TERM FOR KOMPLEXER :)
Yep, that's what I also had in mind, as I mentioned the import of alternative waveforms.
A great program - but with no use for Largo.

Cheers

PietW. wrote:AND DONT FORGETT AUDIO-TERM FOR KOMPLEXER :)
I think most us need to get hold of Komplexer, before we can even dream about expanding it ;)

Please support my campaign to get the developer to release it as-is freeware 8)

Return to “Instruments”