Anyone running with Terratec Komplexer?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ingonator wrote:IMO yes. I doubt that Waldorf will allow a freeware alternative to Largo.
Stefan Stenzel who is developer + CEO of Waldorf Music was part of the Komplexer development team.

AFAIK Komplexer was done at the time when Waldorf disappeared for a few years.
Beat carried the PPG package from Waldorf on a DVD last year.

If not Komplexer freeware, maybe magware? 8)

Wolfgang Palm seems to be a reasonable man, instead of putting Plex 2 in his safe, he put it out as freeware instead :tu:

Ingonator wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:
izonin wrote:Largo is the same synth with better filters, minus the ability to import wavetables. And yes, Micro Q sounds very different. Komplexer doesn't have the same filters/filter drive algos as uQ.
so is it correct to say, for anyone who really wants komplexer, but cant find it or doesnt want to use abandonware, they should just get largo?

that was my impression of the situation.
IMO yes. I doubt that Waldorf will allow a freeware alternative to Largo.
Stefan Stenzel who is developer + CEO of Waldorf Music was part of the Komplexer development team.
All well and good but it would have been good form for them to have at least allowed some sort of crossgrade from Komplexor, considering Largo is so much built around it, and the fact that so many of us got ripped off by paying for a synth that was never truly finished (in fact the last couple of updates broke it even more).

Numanoid wrote:
for anyone who really wants komplexer, but cant find it or doesnt want to use abandonware, they should just get largo?
Doesn't it make more sense to add €100 and get Blofeld instead of Largo?
no.

1. blofeld isnt a vst

2. not everyone has an extra 100 laying around.
ImageImageImage

aMUSEd wrote:Except it doesn't have those very useful macro knobs.

Or the ability to import patches from its hardware predecessors
i think the point is some people really like how komplexer sounds. its unavailable and unsupported. largo is pretty much the same synth, so they should look into that.
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote:1. blofeld isnt a vst
Can't it be used with a VST editor like?:

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2008/10/blofel ... eta-2.html

chaosWyrM wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Except it doesn't have those very useful macro knobs.

Or the ability to import patches from its hardware predecessors
i think the point is some people really like how komplexer sounds. its unavailable and unsupported. largo is pretty much the same synth, so they should look into that.
I know - I'm saying Largo lacks some useful features Komplexor has though as well.

aMUSEd wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:
izonin wrote:Largo is the same synth with better filters, minus the ability to import wavetables. And yes, Micro Q sounds very different. Komplexer doesn't have the same filters/filter drive algos as uQ.
so is it correct to say, for anyone who really wants komplexer, but cant find it or doesnt want to use abandonware, they should just get largo?

All well and good but it would have been good form for them to have at least allowed some sort of crossgrade from Komplexor, considering Largo is so much built around it, and the fact that so many of us got ripped off by paying for a synth that was never truly finished (in fact the last couple of updates broke it even more).
Komplexer was no official Waldorf product which is why they did not offer a crossgrade.

This is different for the old Waldorf D-Coder plugin for Powercore. For that one Waldorf offers a crossgrade to the new Waldorf Lector vocoder for around 50 Euros less.

Besides that they offer upgrades from the Waldorf Edition to PPG Wave 3.V (same for the old PPG Wave 2.V from Steinberg).

At the Online shop it's even possible to purchase the Waldorf Edition (full version) and the PPG Wave 3.V upgrade at the same time. Currently at the Online shop those two together are cheaper than the full PPG Wave 3.V alone.

If you currently purchase the Online version of the Waldorf Edition you should automatically receive the latest update which got a native 64-bit version (i participated in the Beta for the update).

As about the Waldorf Edition LE. This was included with many products like e.g. with MIDI controllers at e.g. Thomann. In my case i got it with the boxed version of Largo some years ago.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Numanoid wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:1. blofeld isnt a vst
Can't it be used with a VST editor like?:

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2008/10/blofel ... eta-2.html
but some people(a lot of people) dont want hardware. i certainly dont. so for me blofeld is out of the question just based on that.
ImageImageImage

Ingonator wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:

Komplexer was no official Waldorf product which is why they did not offer a crossgrade.
Yeah well I get fed up with companies trying to pull this sort of stunt, legally it may be OK but it is not acting in good faith. Terratec left Komplexor owners with a product that didn't work, some of the people involved in that development then went on to work for Waldorf (even as CEO) and took the code with them and used it to create Largo but because it's not the same company that is supposed to make it OK.

I still have the official Komplexer 1.0 installation CD. Nice synth, but worst copy protection ever -> CD check :bang:

I don't know how the OP does it exactly, but I tried lots of times and this synth has never worked on my Vista/7/8 OS configurations :(

Nielzie wrote:I still have the official Komplexer 1.0 installation CD. Nice synth, but worst copy protection ever -> CD check :bang:

I don't know how the OP does it exactly, but I tried lots of times and this synth has never worked on my Vista/7/8 OS systems :(
Oh there was some workaround for installing it - I managed to get it working (not that it was ever fully working) before I sold it.

aMUSEd wrote:
Nielzie wrote:I still have the official Komplexer 1.0 installation CD. Nice synth, but worst copy protection ever -> CD check :bang:

I don't know how the OP does it exactly, but I tried lots of times and this synth has never worked on my Vista/7/8 OS systems :(
Oh there was some workaround for installing it - I managed to get it working (not that it was ever fully working) before I sold it.
Yes I remember there was a "work-around" (but forgot what it was) and I tried it, but never succeeded unfortunatelly

aMUSEd wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:

Yeah well I get fed up with companies trying to pull this sort of stunt, legally it may be OK but it is not acting in good faith. Terratec left Komplexor owners with a product that didn't work, some of the people involved in that development then went on to work for Waldorf (even as CEO) and took the code with them and used it to create Largo but because it's not the same company that is supposed to make it OK.
I agree. Also, stupid on their part as they missed an opportunity. I bet if they would have done a cross-grade to Largo they could have brought even more people on board. I loved Komplexer. It worked for me. I was lucky to not have experienced it's buggy side, but as soon as Largo came out I sold it and used the proceeds to fund the buy. So... to me it was like a cross grade... but yeah, should have been an official thing. :roll:

I don't know about the Blofeld. I looked into it when I was converting to more hardware and as far as I could tell Largo was as good sounding and had the benefit of a good UI. I know Blofeld has more features and options, but it didn't seem worth it to me, even though I think it's a great sounding synth. :shrug:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

For all Komplexer-User. Take a look at here.
A Wavetableeditor for Komplexer and other Synths.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=334828

Is it possible to install Komlexer on Windows 7 64 Bit.
I wanna use it with Cubase 32Bit.

Return to “Instruments”