Sound Character Of Diva

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
hakey wrote:Audio comparisons... on youtube for the win! :dog:
Another fair comment, coming from our reknowed "JP8 expert".
Fallacious appeal to authority :o :-o
actually i suspect its intended to be sarcasm.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Numanoid wrote:The guy reviewing Diva[/url] has been producing and making records for over 30 years.

It has nothing to do about believing blindly in authority, but about taking sound advice from craftsmen.
this is textbook 'appeal to authority' argumentation though. :lol:

whyterabbyt wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
And you thought my comment was what? :D I think 90% of this thread can be labeled as sarcasm ;)

Lotuzia wrote:
Another fair comment
Yep. I reckon it was. :)

jancivil wrote:
Numanoid wrote:The guy reviewing Diva[/url] has been producing and making records for over 30 years.

It has nothing to do about believing blindly in authority, but about taking sound advice from craftsmen.
Indeed! :hihi:

jancivil wrote:

Nope, it's about believing in division of labour.

If everybody were to do everything from scracth instead of trusting or using knowledge aquired by others, we would still all be stuck in the stone age as cavemen ;)

Numanoid wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
And you thought my comment was what?
i think your comment was a misunderstanding of intent.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:i think your comment was a misunderstanding of intent.
Well we try our best to get it right, will nail it next time 8)

Numanoid wrote:Well we try our best to get it right, will nail it next time 8)
That's what the other developer said the other day.

scnr

Urs wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Well we try our best to get it right, will nail it next time 8)
That's what the other developer said the other day.

scnr
This is what we strive to do:

:D

whyterabbyt wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
would I dare ?

How could I express sarcastic comments about a guy I should thank for having commented in such a nice way Oxium for sounding sOoooooo nicely analog and sOooOO JP8 ( Ok just because he thought it was a JP8 audio clip) and finding the real JP8 clip so dull and VSTish ( Because he was 'certain' it was Oxium )

This honorable gentleman even expressed publicly at this occasion that I should change my job, as I had no ears yadda yadda because, you know, the humble me was seriously questioning his .... "authority and certainty". Maybe it was sarcasm on his side ?

No, really no sarcasms here, when were so lucky to have such an authority as Hakey with us, everybody should :hail: beeing confronted to his awsome analog science. 8)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:This honorable gentleman even expressed publicly at this occasion that I should change my job, as I had no ears yadda yadda because, you know, the humble me was seriously questioning his .... "authority and certainty". Maybe it was sarcasm on his side ?

No, really no sarcasms here, when were so lucky to have such an authority as Hakey with us, everybody should :hail: beeing confronted to his awsome analog science. 8)
You gotta excuse the guy, he is snowed in after all, and has by all accounts indulged in a bit too much of the yellow kind

Urs wrote:
SODDI wrote:"It would require a significant addition to our serial number scheme, as there would need to be a serial for the bundle and one for each single plug."

I don't see the problem. The bundle is the price, not the copy protect. (I'm just speaking as an old sales head who would never want to bollix the sale because of configuration.)

If there's 3 pieces in the bundle, each piece gets its own copy protect same as if the user bought them individually.

It sounds like more of an order entry/order fulfillment thing.
Well, Uhbik currently is one single piece of software that *contains* 9 plug-in-processes. For AU and VST3 it's a single entity, for VST2 our installer makes 9 identical copies of the dll with just different names. As such, the copy protection within the software doesn't care if it's the Flanger or the Delay or whatever.

If we unbundle the software, we have to make them separate entities, each with its own serial number. Otherwise one could just buy one and use the others for free.

Our copy protection is hilariously effective - easy and reliable for the legit user, persuasive for the crack user. Thus I'm reluctant to change it in any way, e.g. to support different licensing schemes.

so it's still working? :lol:

awesome.

They are sure right now they *really have* have finally nailed it, with the latest "release", hundreds of people saying it works.. so soon or a year away they will have melting gui? A W E S O M E ! :hihi:

Numanoid wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:This honorable gentleman even expressed publicly at this occasion that I should change my job, as I had no ears yadda yadda because, you know, the humble me was seriously questioning his .... "authority and certainty". Maybe it was sarcasm on his side ?

You gotta excuse the guy, he is snowed in after all, and has by all accounts indulged in a bit too much of the yellow kind
Hakey is snowed in too? :-o

Numanoid wrote:
jancivil wrote:

Nope, it's about believing in division of labour.

If everybody were to do everything from scracth instead of trusting or using knowledge aquired by others, we would still all be stuck in the stone age as cavemen;)
that is additionally fallacious. This isn't about doing something, it's about is this opinion better than another opinion. You can believe somebody at a magazine hears better'n you and I'm good with that. But the strength of appeal to authority as an argument depends on wide consensus before the assumption [here is an expert] is reasonable. T'was you that brought appeal to authority into it, so far the guy you didn't like has more going for him here ['ad populum'].

The journalist's thirty years vs mine, my vote will be for me. :shrug:
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”