Sound Character Of Diva

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whoopsie, my bad there. Dunno why I linked FreeBSD to Linux. Well it's a Unixoid OS anyways. In any case, OSX will work on Intel-based PCs for better or for worse. So Urs' analogy was not flawed.

I just wanna know if he actually mean Kumplete or if it was a Freudian Slip?

:hihi:

EvilDragon wrote:Not true, you can install OSX on a regular PC. It's Linux (FreeBSD) at its core, after all. ;)
That's even more beside the point than my post though. I mean, what percent of Apple's software sales are to people running it on non Apple hardware?

That all has nothing to do with his analogy- how can you claim that the price of Komplete is artificially low because it forces people to buy NI's hardware, when it does no such thing?
Last edited by Aural Chaos on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I guess the moog and JP 8 must sound bad too then. If a DIVA preset sounds to harsh you can twiddle with the knobs to get it more to your liking.

Aural Chaos wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Not true, you can install OSX on a regular PC. It's Linux (FreeBSD) at its core, after all. ;)
That's even more beside the point than my post though. I mean, what percent of Apple's software sales are to people running it on non Apple hardware?

That all has nothing to do with his analogy- how can you claim that the price of Komplete is artificially low because it forces people to buy NI's hardware, when it does no such thing?
NI sells combined and integrated HW and software. as an example my Kore 2 system with the Kore 2 interface. Then I have almost all NI software, but not Maschine for example.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:NI sells combined and integrated HW and software. as an example my Kore 2 system with the Kore 2 interface. Then I have almost all NI software, but not Maschine for example.
Kore is discontinued, Machine has litle or nothing to do with Komplete, the point was what...?

Komlplete really is kompletely separate from the kontrollers and sound kards that NI also happens to sell.

hakey wrote:Whilst you're here Synthbuidler, settle an argument: what was the weather doing in the north Pennines yesterday? Was the road to Alston open?
Powdery snow and howling winds. I couldn't get the car out of the drive. By the evening it had turned to rain but still very windy. By Thursday it had all gone at 750ft where I am. No idea about the A686 to Alston even though it's only a few miles away. But that final drag up to the top from the Penrith side has a tendancy to block very quickly.

Tony

analoguesamples909 wrote:... please tony consider a small format monosynth - new analogue era!
Funny you saying that. I'm working on that very thing right now.

Tony

Synthbuilder wrote:
analoguesamples909 wrote:... please tony consider a small format monosynth - new analogue era!
Funny you saying that. I'm working on that very thing right now.

Tony
Great!

Synthbuilder wrote:
hakey wrote:Whilst you're here Synthbuidler, settle an argument: what was the weather doing in the north Pennines yesterday?
Powdery snow and howling winds. I couldn't get the car out of the drive. By the evening it had turned to rain but still very windy. By Thursday it had all gone at 750ft where I am.
I'm just down the road from you and unsurprisingly it was much the same here. ;)

izonin wrote:
daExpert wrote:I hear the harshness more on certain sounds than others, if you lower the low-pass filter enough you can mask the harshness pretty well.
The harshness goes away when you render at higher sampling rates. Try both 96 and 192kHz.
Don't forget you'd need a 32 core 8ghz , intel i17 to do that :lol:

Aural Chaos wrote:
Urs wrote:Don't be fooled by the price tag of Kumplete. It's worth much more. However, NI has become a hardware manufacturer. Naturally they subsidize the software to sell more hardware. Like Apple does.
Completely false analogy.
NI's stuff will run on any computer, any hardware.
Apple's stuff will only run on Apple's computers.
How is that even related?

NI bundles a lot of software with Traktor and Maschine. Like Apple, they subsidize software to sell hardware.

If you want to be nitpicky about it, Maschine's OS doesn't run on a homegrown Arduino controller, nor on a Novation controller.

Urs wrote:
OzWozEre wrote:So the only thing left to say is: where's the U-He Bundle?! :cry:

:D
We'll be thinking about this. It's a bit of an effort because it entails additions to our licensing system and webinterface. Atm we're busy though with what I hinted at in the previous post, and preparations for our fun event, Musikmesse.
Does this actually have any chance of happening? if so i will wait.

I remember when i wanted to buy just the uhbik flanger, for like years, and asked for singles, and you basically hinted it was happening, well, years (or at least one year) ago, and it never did (and i still want just the flanger if i can)

so is there ANY real chance of a u-he bundle? If so, this year? lol

the video i saw was "two divas, one zebra" :o

joan collins looked bewildered, but madonna and the stripey feller seemed to be enjoying themselves...

Return to “Instruments”