Sound Character Of Diva

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not hearing what the OP is hearing, but even if that were the case:

Running audio direct is a recent phenomenon - open a DAW plug-in and run straight to reference monitors or headphones and what's sitting between the sound source and your ears is almost transparent. Plug phones into a Pro One and it might not sound as hot as you remember. Even if you just ran to a board you had the channel strip to impart some character.

Take any soft synth, mix in a little A tape emu - even one that replicates more modern character - maybe some gentle putlec EQ emu, tube sat, etc., and stir.

I think a lot of us forget that back in the "good old days", there was a lot of analog after the analog. I'm not suggesting a MiniMoog run thru a DAW and audio interface sounds harsh, but it ain't Lucky Man, either.

Yeah, a bit of tape emu is never sniffed at :hihi:

Urs wrote:
OzWozEre wrote:So the only thing left to say is: where's the U-He Bundle?! :cry:

:D
We'll be thinking about this. It's a bit of an effort because it entails additions to our licensing system and webinterface. Atm we're busy though with what I hinted at in the previous post, and preparations for our fun event, Musikmesse.
Well, I'm glad you're at least considering it because I wanna buy all your shizzle with a little disconizzle, namean? :)

Good luck with whatever you got brewing for Musikmesse -- I'm sure you won't disappoint!

8)

Urs wrote:
OzWozEre wrote:Tell me, would this Diva be held in the same high-regard if it was bought and offered by NI and dumped in its $500 Komplete bundle?
Don't be fooled by the price tag of Kumplete. It's worth much more. However, NI has become a hardware manufacturer. Naturally they subsidize the software to sell more hardware. Like Apple does.

Yet, no-one can afford to buy Diva off of us. Some tried one way or the other, but as I wrote elsewhere, I wouldn't swap my passion for being bored shitless on a yacht.

And hehehe, poor those who can't stand the hype. It'll become much worse in exactly two months from today :hihi:
:hyper: :-o :hyper:

Did I miss an announcement or a hint in another thread? New filter model, arpeggiator, audio-in?

:hyper: :-o :hyper:

Urs wrote: And hehehe, poor those who can't stand the hype. It'll become much worse in exactly two months from today :hihi:
At least tell me if I should save some money....

Urs wrote:Yeah, a bit of tape emu is never sniffed at :hihi:
Mmm this is interesting...wonder what Sacha is up to...

And wonder what is coming in two months...

analoguesamples909 wrote:
Urs wrote:Yeah, a bit of tape emu is never sniffed at :hihi:
Mmm this is interesting...wonder what Sacha is up to...

And wonder what is coming in two months...
I think there was a video leaked showing Sascha tweaking a tape emu.

In two months is Musikmesse, we're presenting a bunch of new stuff. And a Diva update, obviously with an Arpeggiator but also with approximately two new models of something (not complete synths, but the best bits of them)

Nanakai wrote:
Urs wrote: And hehehe, poor those who can't stand the hype. It'll become much worse in exactly two months from today :hihi:
As always, don't buy anything based on expectation. Once it's there and if you like it, you can save up then.

We've made a few too optimistic promises in the past which reality and circumstance never could live up to. Which led to quite some disappointments. Which is why we don't post any details anymore, even if stuff is nearly finished ;)

Urs wrote: I think there was a video leaked showing Sascha tweaking a tape emu.

In two months is Musikmesse, we're presenting a bunch of new stuff. And a Diva update, obviously with an Arpeggiator but also with approximately two new models of something (not complete synths, but the best bits of them)
interesting has anyone seen this leaked video?

Nanakai wrote:
This may or may not be a clue:
Urs wrote:We're evaluating an attempt to OB-X filters. It's all nice and juicy, but it's really not that far off from the 12dB multimode filter, sound-wise. The mere difference is in the choice of OTA chips (CA3080 rather than IR3109) and the clipping in the feedback path. They're basically indistinguishable at low resonance settings. The other difference is, of course, Oberheim's SEM/OB-X filter doesn't go into self oscillation while Roland's Jupiter-6 and Alpha Juno filters do. Which I guess is merely a choice of parameter design rather than a limitation of the circuit (not sure).
Going by that luke warm description it would perhaps be an odd choice. :?

Urs wrote:
Nanakai wrote:
As always, don't buy anything based on expectation. Once it's there and if you like it, you can save up then.

We've made a few too optimistic promises in the past which reality and circumstance never could live up to. Which led to quite some disappointments. Which is why we don't post any details anymore, even if stuff is nearly finished ;)
A solid plan. All I'm wondering is, are you talking about new products with introductory prices that I could work into my budget (if the demos please me), or updates to existing products? Didn't mean to put you on the spot, though. I'll try to pretend I didn't read anything....

...while secretly :cry:

:hihi:

Urs wrote:Don't be fooled by the price tag of Kumplete. It's worth much more. However, NI has become a hardware manufacturer. Naturally they subsidize the software to sell more hardware. Like Apple does.
Completely false analogy.
NI's stuff will run on any computer, any hardware.
Apple's stuff will only run on Apple's computers.

Not true, you can install OSX on a regular PC. It's Linux (FreeBSD) at its core, after all. ;)

EvilDragon wrote:Not true, you can install OSX on a regular PC. It's Linux (FreeBSD) at its core, after all. ;)
If you're talking about the kernel it is completely unrelated to Linux. It is based on the Mach operating system. They're as different as chalk and cheese. Tagged on top of both is a Unix-like system, which itself was derived from Bell labs.

Nightpolymath wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Not true, you can install OSX on a regular PC. It's Linux (FreeBSD) at its core, after all. ;)
If you're talking about the kernel it is completely unrelated to Linux.
<pedantry> as is FreeBSD </pedantry>
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Instruments”