Tremor or Microtonic? That is the question!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like both but I chose Tremor because I saw it on sale for $70 the day I was getting ready to buy MicroTonic. I really like both equally.

It's like JRRshop read this thread.... :) Tremor bought!! Watching the tutorial now and im thrilled! Out with the dog for a walk then back home (if my serial has arrived) to play! Weekend saved!
:hug:

jsp1979 wrote:50% off Tremor at JRR Shop. Add it to your cart to get the price (approx. $74.50).

http://www.jrrshop.com/
How the heck do you get the discount? - it says 50% off but I have taken the cart as far as checkout and still its the full price

aMUSEd wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:50% off Tremor at JRR Shop. Add it to your cart to get the price (approx. $74.50).

How the heck do you get the discount? - it says 50% off but I have taken the cart as far as checkout and still its the full price
Put SOFTWARE50 in the discount box, should work.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

You must use the code

ehh.. can't find the code now :s I swear it was there when i clicked the link!

Edit Ahh, post above sorted it :)

Why do they worry about reselling their license? The reason you buy software is so the developers you love can buy food, and food isn't resellable.

Overpriced software on the other hand, such as Flux and other companies you know, are a different story.

Most software is reasonably priced and it might help your creativity to not buy ridiculously expensive software or for that matter, anything ridiculously expensive to you.

Food is resellable if it's not consumed.
All the more you can't consume a piece of compiled code. It's a tool, and should be treated like tool.
Supporting developers is a question of ethics, but how long will you keep that piece of code even if it's a state of art, if you'l have tough times and nothing to eat yourself. :?
Last edited by toitoi on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tremor was a REALLY GOOD purchase :D
Just what i've been looking for!

Crackbaby wrote:Tremor was a REALLY GOOD purchase :D
Just what i've been looking for!
Good for you! I think it's an awesomely deep tool, and it rewards those who have patience and resolve and are not afraid to dig deep. The few, the proud, the Tremors!

:D How long is the sale for (or is it "until we run out of serials, so hurry up.")?

Also of note jrrshop.com has Geist 50% off with coupon code as well! I already had utonic so I bought Tremor and Geist! Thanks for the thread guys!

Which brings the question, which, geist of tremor, if you had to choose one, and why

There already is a longish thread about that..
Finally!

Dewdman42 wrote:Which brings the question, which, geist of tremor, if you had to choose one, and why
Good q. I bought both at the Christmas sale, with Tremor first, because I was fascinated by the idea of a drum synth-it was my first drum synth. I bought Geist toward the end of the sale. I use it more right now, sampling drums from other plugins and assembling custom kits to sequence. I like that I can come up with a sequence in Geist and drag it to Logic for arrangement.

I am considering a MicroTonic trial mainly because of the Patternarium. It is so much fun to browse and cherry-pick.

Of Geist or Tremor, I'd choose Geist, since I can sample drum sounds from other synths or play samples, and I can build sequences and then drag them to Logic for arrangement.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

overhishead wrote:Why do they worry about reselling their license? The reason you buy software is so the developers you love can buy food, and food isn't resellable.

Overpriced software on the other hand, such as Flux and other companies you know, are a different story.

Most software is reasonably priced and it might help your creativity to not buy ridiculously expensive software or for that matter, anything ridiculously expensive to you.
Speaking of, every time I'm looking at selling a license, the retailers are offering it for like 1/2 off. Damnit.

Return to “Instruments”