Tremor or Microtonic? That is the question!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

declassified wrote:Here's a track of mine from last year (you can skip to 1:20, that's where the drums start). The vast majority of drum sounds is from Microtonic.
A cracking track! Don't tell people to skip mate, it's disservice for your music :D
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

schnapsglas wrote:
Why did FXPansion not give Tremor same capabilities as Geist? I will never know. Will Microtonic be updated with more functions? I don't know.
I've wondered about this too. My understanding is that the components of Tremor were originally supposed to be a module WITHIN Geist. I think it would be cool that if you own them both, there be a way to integrate them.

Dream on...
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Meffy wrote: Microtonic isn't required to play with Patternarium, just to load and reuse the patterns and drum sound kits Patternarium generates.
I always thought that the Microtonic devs were overly generous about this, but it's true. You can just play to your heart's content. AND, with the Microtonic demo, you can actually use the beats you like in your DAW. The demo is time limited, of course, but still very cool.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

@BERFAB: Yup, great fun. Of course, I love FXpansion too, and would very much like to have Tremor. Once these medical bills are finally paid off! :-}

Demo them both and see what you prefer.

I bought Tremor & Geist over the holiday sale, also demoed MicroTonic (and Nerve). As others have mentioned Tremor is CPU heavy and has a phenomenal sequencer & serious synthesis/modulation options. I haven't really had time to explore it in depth yet, and I prefer Geist's sequencing/layering capabilities. Check out Sampleconstruct's soundbanks to see the power Tremor offers.

I love the simplicity and limitations of MT, as well as the morph control. To me it's more fun than Tremor, and I don't miss having built-in FX. Definitely want to pick MT (and Permut8) up sometime.

I would not recommend microtonic as the licence is non sellable. If you outgrow the plugin its money wasted not being able to sell it.

jackrabbit wrote:I would not recommend microtonic as the licence is non sellable. If you outgrow the plugin its money wasted not being able to sell it.
One: Why would you ever want to sell Microtonic? :o

Two: Selling Tremor incurs a license transfer fee of 50 buckaroonies.

Three: "Money wasted" is an interesting expression, especially when applied to software that you've used over months and maybe years.

The only problem with µTonic is that it's not quite yet 64bit, but Magnus is on it - it's been in beta for a few months. And I agree w/ Ariston, it's not something you'd sell.

when faced with difficult decisions i usually choose both. i have Microtonic and Tremor. yes, Tremor is a CPU hog but that's what freeze, flatten, and bounce are for- so no big deal for me. Tremor is extremely flexible but not what i'd call inviting to program (and i Like to program). Microtonic does have a fairly distinct sound but to me that's a plus (my rickenbacker bass has a distinct sound). if you are looking to get started making tracks i think Microtonic is more suitable, if you are looking to program rhythms and design sounds then get Tremor. i wouldn't say try the demo for Tremor unless you have a lot of time to play with it. it's too involved to get a feel for it in a short period of time. right now i have less time for music making then i would like so i am getting more mileage out of Microtonic but hopefully that will change, i can see the potential for extremely detailed work with Tremor.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

ariston wrote:
jackrabbit wrote:I would not recommend microtonic as the licence is non sellable. If you outgrow the plugin its money wasted not being able to sell it.
One: Why would you ever want to sell Microtonic? :o
+∞

I can't imagine why anyone would want to sell it.

Planning to buy it and then sell it is certainly not a reason to not recommend!

FXPansion's license transfer is $50 to start with. I would say in terms of value, they are pretty much equal. In fact, Tremor is little more expensive than I would like.
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

toitoi wrote:
allofdrab wrote: I'll post my Bidule module pack today or tomorrow and you can see for yourself.
I'm eager to try your creations.
Hey; thanks for expressing your interest. Just want to give you an update that I've been deathly sick the past couple days and haven't had the mental focus/stamina to clean up my module pack the way I'd like to before posting it; feeling a bit better now though, so I'll aim to post it by Sunday. Want to make sure everything's tested well, and put together some documentation.
drab

50% off Tremor at JRR Shop. Add it to your cart to get the price (approx. $74.50).

http://www.jrrshop.com/

Microtonic is always useful... never gets old and is essential whether you mix it with something else or use it on it's own. Great kits and endless patterns... if there ever was a no-brainer decision this is it. I mix it with other drums for a dual drum track which is a lot of fun in itself.

More than the sum of it's parts...

:harp:

jsp1979 wrote:50% off Tremor at JRR Shop. Add it to your cart to get the price (approx. $74.50).

http://www.jrrshop.com/
Sweet! That just made my decision easier!!

Return to “Instruments”