Saving and using FXP/FXB patches

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is probably gonna be a dumb question with an obvious answer for some of you, but I'm really more used to using synths with a proprietary preset system.

So... I've been playing with some free synths and making some presets, saving them out as FXP patches. Thought it might be fun to release some packs of the sounds I'm making.

However, I can't find any useful way of seeing the presets I'm making in an easy way on the GUIs of these synths - y'know, saving them where the bundled presets are. For example, I've been having fun with TAL Elek7ro and Ummet Ozcan's Genesis, but I'd rather put some sounds out there in a way that's easy for other people to use.

Am I making any sense? Who knows?!

If anyone can help, there's potentially some free soundset releases in it for everyone! Haha.

Matt

Nobody knows how to do this? Bump-oh!

The p in fxp is for patch, the b in fxb for banks.

If the plugin doesn't have a way of showing the patches in loaded banks (neither Elek7o or Genesis can do this unfortunately), you must use a DAW or host that lets you see the content of loaded FXB banks.

Cantabile lite and Minihost both do and also include a program/preset organizer/manager which might be useful for you.

Ah, thanks for that.

So if I do a few free banks for free synths, then I should let the end user get on with it?! Haha. At least Genesis displays the name of the patches. Jut find the whole 'import fxp' element a bit tedious and unintuitive.

Yes, loading individual patches (fxp) is tiring, and so is fxb a bit but is the only format for those 2 synths so no way around it.

Fair enough. Well, hopefully people will enjoy the new sounds anyway. :)

synaesthesia wrote:Ah, thanks for that.

So if I do a few free banks for free synths, then I should let the end user get on with it?! Haha. At least Genesis displays the name of the patches. Jut find the whole 'import fxp' element a bit tedious and unintuitive.
Minihost has the option to turn collections of .fxp files,
into a .fxb.

Some synths have their .fxb files hard-coded,
new .fxb might not work in every case,
but should be easy enough to attempt.

http://www.tobybear.de/p_minihost.html

And thanks for wanting to share some sounds!
Cheers

Return to “Instruments”