ReFX Quadrasid questions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote:
realmarco wrote:im on a Mac running os-x with logic pro 9 and it works just fine

the plugin is just what its supposed to be instead of coming up with new features like other plugins

what you see is what you get and thats awesome

well you know, some people work in 64 bit and don't want to use crashy bit bridges, and have gui's disappearing by using said bridges. So yes that's fine if it was updated in it's precise state with 64 bit support.
+1
[Insert Signature Here]

If you're in serious doubt about QuadraSID, you only real alternative on a Mac might be Plogue Chipsounds (which comes with way more classic chips as well). But, IIRC, Chipsounds only offers 1(!) SID chip, while with QuadraSID you have access to 4 (hence the name Quadra, which is a play of words on Quadro).

Else, your alternative is to go the hardware route. Either through the DIY mbSID projects, or one of the still rarely available internal SID PCI boards that you need to fit with SID chips from actual C64's or C128's yourself.

I still have my copy of QuadraSID, and I'm proud that I do. The sounds by Chris Huelsbeck (default bank) alone are totally worth it. That and the Rob Hubbard's Return soundbank should keep you company for a while.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Not the only option for hardware....want a Qudrasid in hardware form? Just order it from here:

http://www.hardsid.com/

Products are singles and 4 sid version. You can even install your own Sid chips if you have original old school ones.

They have a VSTi editor for the hardsid 4u also.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Return to “Instruments”