Are the factory basses in Lush 101 weak compared to the rest of the presets which are sooo good?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aiynzahev wrote:well I was waiting on D16 to see if they would ramp up the Mod section a little.
The mod section is pretty limited here. It's a bit frustrating IMO. Do they intend to look into this?
Maybe you can get some joy asking cause i don't know them people?
Still a great sounding synth, inspiring sound for sure.

Rob

TheoM wrote:
Phase47 wrote:
As for basses, yeah, the presets lack some low-end punch, but that's definitely a factor of the preset and not the capability of the synth itself.
=The thing that confuses me though is that the pads and sequences are amongst the best i ever heard for factory presets of an algorithmic VA, so i thought to myself, it must be the synth, because they obviously have programmed everything else so well!
:)
Your logic is sound. The rest of the presets are great. I wonder too why they put (relatively) so many dubstep basses, etc., in there, when that kind of sound is way off the mark for synth like this. They should have played to their strengths instead imo.

Aiynzahev wrote:
Phase47 wrote: Sami, I'd love a Flight Path 2 with some low-end punch and how about some techno sounds too - your Flight Path 1 is a must-buy for any LuSH owner.
But I've been feeling for a little while that it might be time to go back to LuSH, it's certainly proving itself I've noticed it becoming more and more established.
I think this just took a few months for people to get their heads around what this synth is actually capable of and how they've laid out the architecture with layering of timbres etc. Looking forward to FP2 w/ anticipation.

Ok thanks for confirming Phase47, it's good to have some opinions in alignment with my own.

D16 were really good with Lush, they listened and responded immediately to peoples criticisms, which is probably why it's doing well,

You can see a road map here for Lush:

http://www.d16.pl/lush-101

First thing was the GUI, a lot of people didn't like the big keys, so they gave you an option to remove them (people on laptops in particular)

Part of the new features is more destinations in the mod-matrix. I'll email them and see where they are with this. Though I do remember thinking at the time not having a mod matrix is kind of cool as it forces you to get more and more creative with the basics.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote: Though I do remember thinking at the time not having a mod matrix is kind of cool as it forces you to get more and more creative with the basics.
Okay then if that's the case that'll do for me ;-)

But Rob you are giving up all software.. or do you have an NFR?

@Rob, wouldn't you think as a pro sound designer that ANA for example is much nicer sounding than Lush? similar CPU usage, so why choose Lush?

:hihi:

:troll:

:razz:

TheoM wrote:But Rob you are giving up all software.. or do you have an NFR?

@Rob, wouldn't you think as a pro sound designer that ANA for example is much nicer sounding than Lush? similar CPU usage, so why choose Lush?

:troll:

:razz:

Nope i had LuSH for a while but nobody bought it in marketplace when i was having sales so i just thought i'd look deeper in to it. I have lots of hardware synths i want to focus on now but for my own use.. i mean i have a full bank for the Virus TI just needs levels adjusted BUT i don't wanna release it cause there's tons of free stuff out there anyways. EXPENSIVE TOY!

Also i don't have ANA mate.. i don't want to invest in any more soft synth (at this time) i'm focused on my hardware. I'll be doing sample packs this year anyways after i do a few banks for what i have here.

Rob ;-)

I was kidding Rob.. ANA vs Lush is like comparing Steinberg Neon to Diva.

:lol:

TheoM wrote:But Rob you are giving up all software.. or do you have an NFR?
Just thought about this for myself and even if i would sell all plugins that are free to re-sell (which for some i had started at the Market place recently) i would still have a nice collection (together with the 4 hardware synths i got):

NFR due to doing Betatests (and/or doing presets):
Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V, Waldorf Edition, Waldorf Lector, Rayblaster, Gladiator 2, Oxium, Dune. Hamburg-Audio Nuklear, Curve 2, CFA MonoGrizzly, Xhun Audio LittleOne.

NFR due to other reasons (could not be resold):
Cakewalk Rapture, Cakewalk Z3Ta+ 2, Poly-Ana, Synplant, U-He ACE (was a present during an ACE thread at the time of it's release)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thanks for rubbing that in :hihi:

My NFR's synth wise consist of Zebra. And z3ta+ but that doesn't count as the mac version is a disaster and cakewalk don't respond to tech requests.
They are not in the EU nor am I so i guess i am stuck with it forever.

Zebra covers a lot of ground though but i truly doubt i could live with it as my only synth!

TheoM wrote:Thanks for rubbing that in :hihi:
Who me? Oh i forgot i have NFR hardware synth too lol (Blofelds x2) ;-)

Lol

rob_lee wrote:

Lol
My Waldorf synths are basically all NFR, even those i have purchased (e.g. Blofeld, Largo). :wink:

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
rob_lee wrote:

Lol
My Waldorf synths are basically all NFR, even those i have purchased (e.g. Blofeld, Largo). :wink:

Ingo
I was given my Blofelds by Waldorf and i appreciate much i also have the soft synths which i like too.. never used the Lector much though.
I know the Blofelds aren't really NFR but i wouldnt' sell them anyways cause they rock!

rob_lee wrote:

Lol
Ingo..

I was kidding cause he has more NFR's than most would have payware.

Return to “Instruments”