Oxium replacement

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:If you see insults there, then its only you interpreting some facts :shrug:
The only fact Xils needs to know is that I will never buy one of their products as long as you are allowed to be their spokesperson.........
They also need to know that I look at their synths and trust them as a company BECAUSE Laurent is their spokesperson.

Just posted for balance, nothing against you Tek, obviously as you know i like you,

But i gotta say, the personal communications i have had with this company have never been anything other than flawless. Never have i received anything other than great support, and total and utter respect from them.

I would love to own them all but a bit out of my range at present, and My favourite one, synthix, i still just don't understand the layers concept at all and I am bummed by it's polyphony. Same with Oxium actually, there aren't really any pads in the factory presets that don't cut notes really fast, so it is obvious that oxium, and Synthix, need a 32 polyphony option, and fast.

YMMV.

On Oxium, i am really torn. I feel guilty cause i got it for a stupid price in the marketplace.. I lost the charity auction here for it a couple months back, and was going to eventually buy it direct, but someone advertised it for the most ridiculous price i have ever seen, and within seconds i bought it, cause i knew if it didn't fit with me that i could simply sell it on and lose nothing, but that makes me feel bad re Xils themselves as they are such great people.

Anyway, my dilemma is that i really like the core sound and find it unique TBH, and there's a couple of great "talking patches" there, but overall, like synthix, i can't really focus on the GUI and make sense of it and tweak the presets the way i need to, and i am not that happy with the factory presets (sorry laurent and those who did the factory bank). I find them a bit too eclectic maybe? I don't see being able to use them in my music.

That said, there a few great pads, but here is another example and explains what i mean about not being able to get around the GUI.. there is this trance pad in the pads bank i really like, but i by simply adjusting the release and attack, it does something to the patch that makes it unplayable.. it seems to trigger randomly.. sometimes i hold notes down and it doesn't do anything, then comes out of nowhere, then 20 second later, for a short cycle, it will be playable and work as expected. Obviously it's a synth setting but i can't work it out and gave up :shrug: So i will look into some 3rd party sets and see if i want to keep it.

But as people, Xavier and Laurent have my full respect, always have, always will, and are an absolute pleasure to deal with.

There isn't a direct replacement for XLIS stuff ; it's very unique.

I've been running Oxium on an older vista quad core system here ( Reaper and ORION ) for 6 months without issue. Interacting with Lolitza for 6 years maybe more without issue.

Ya , I know ...... I'm a weirdo.

:) :D 8)

XLIS labs Has a dedicated spokesman here at KVR as do so many other dev's, it's not really annoying to me when products get pimped allot and it's actually pretty cool when you consider the level of expertise certian folks bring to the table. There are plenty others who sell hard and don't even know much about an industry or how products really work.

I can't figure it when folks get pissed about KVR being KVR ; it is what it is . Go to gear slutz or ignore certian threads or posters . Why be an ass and flame ? What does it accomplish ??
Financial solvency and KVR Mix as well as oil and water.

Support from Xavier & Laurent is without peer. I have had a few issues with XILS 3 & PolyKBII that were quickly fixed by Xavier after reporting them to him directly. Both are very passionate about what they do & Laurent's soundbanks are among some of the best.

:grin:

rasscass wrote:Support from Xavier & Laurent is without peer. I have had a few issues with XILS 3 & PolyKBII that were quickly fixed by Xavier after reporting them to him directly. Both are very passionate about what they do
+1

+10 !

TheoM wrote:Ok something sounds wrong there.. Is there any chance if we can help you get it stable, you'd be happy and keep it? If so, please list FULL system specs, OS, Host,etc, and let's see if the fine folk here have any suggestions.
I agree. You shouldn't have to buy more plug-ins because the ones you have are not working as advertised. I don't have Oxium, but I know a lot of people use it and are very happy with it. It wouldn't be popular if it was unstable, crashed all the time and used too much CPU for everyone.

It could point to a more general problem with your music computer, which might cause problems with other plug-ins and projects down the line.
Hardware: Akai MPK61, MFB-Synth II, Roland JX-8P, Virus TI Snow, KORG MS2000R, Roland SH-01
Favorite software: Sylenth1, Synth1, Messiah, ME80, OPX-Pro II, Zebra 2, Diva, Reason, Studio One V2 Pro

ChiTown24 wrote:
rasscass wrote:Support from Xavier & Laurent is without peer. I have had a few issues with XILS 3 & PolyKBII that were quickly fixed by Xavier after reporting them to him directly. Both are very passionate about what they do
+1
+1

Thanks for your kind support, much appreciated !

Good customer services is one of our aims.

For the moment I get headache to run our website again (crash disk), hopefully it will work soon to let you contacting us directly (or download the latest version of Oxium which is currently 1.0.1)

Best regards
Xavier

Thanks to all :hug: :hug: :hug:

Especially because I try to help all Xils users, bring true information, and I do this on my free time.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

To Theo :

In Oxium is also implemented what I think is the first intelligent data feedback generator, wich gives information in real time for a patch that you're building and/or trying to decipher.

To display this special page, just click on the "INFORMATION" panel toggle at the bottom tight of Oxium.

There you can see in a glance :

What modulates VCOs, VCFs, VCAs, if LFO are used, or the Masks, or auxilliary enveloppes etc etc.

Its VERY usefull, and a VERY pedagocical/instructional tool.

Then, if you give me the name of the patch I can do a quick analysis of it and reprort here. Its very probable that some Masks could be involved in the modulations of the patch you shortly describe. Another quick way to look at this can be to look at the matrix modulation page, where all additional mods are centralised.

I have also made a large number of video tutorials for Oxium,that you can find on Xils site, Xils youtube channel, and eventually some on Le Lotus Bleu Youtube channel. Well imho they are really worth beeing seen. Another video I'd like to mention is the one I made for Le Masque Delay, and related to Masks handling. In three minutes you can learn all you need to learn about Masks and how powerfull and versatile they can be. All the Masks behaviour described in this video are currently beeing ported to Oxium, so all the enhancements of Masks version 1.5 will be available for Oxium in the not so far future.

LtZ

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Hi everybody,

for your information the Xils-lab web site is working back, so you can contact us (or download the latest version of Oxium)

http://www.xils-lab.com/pages/Contact-Us.html

As a new version is plan, we are ready to check and fix any remaining bugs within your system.

Best
Xavier

@Laurent the name of the patch is Trance Pad in the pads section.

ALl i did was change adsr and it becomes unplayable and i can't work it out here

I am really digging the talking aspect of oxium, if i owned ugar bytes unique i probably wouldn't have cared so much but since i don't, oxium is probably worth keeping for that anyway.

Updated Oxium to 1.0.1. and it seems to fix my problems for now. I will know for sure after longer usage, but right now gui glitches and CPU load seems to be solved problem. I will report further what's going on in that field.

roon wrote:Updated Oxium to 1.0.1. and it seems to fix my problems for now. I will know for sure after longer usage, but right now gui glitches and CPU load seems to be solved problem. I will report further what's going on in that field.
Thanks for the report Roon, and glad it works as expected. A few fixes were performed for the 1.0.1 release, wich was issued very shortly after the V1.0 release. Its always a good idea to install the last version.

Let us know if all is allright now. Thanks in advance.

Return to “Instruments”