Oxium replacement

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote:@Laurent the name of the patch is Trance Pad in the pads section.

ALl i did was change adsr and it becomes unplayable and i can't work it out here

I am really digging the talking aspect of oxium, if i owned ugar bytes unique i probably wouldn't have cared so much but since i don't, oxium is probably worth keeping for that anyway.
Hi Theo,

Well I quickly decpiphered this excellend pad, made by Simon of Sounds Divine.

No Masks wizardry involdved there, all is done via the LFOs.

THis patch use a standard 24LPF, and a BP6 filters in parralel, both filters are fed by the two oscillators. To hear only one osc + filter, please use the "mute button" of the mixer. ( a good way to solo a bus, when no cross feeding is involved, wich is the case here )

SOOoo now go to the "modulation" page, and note that the last modulation is : LFO2 ---> Delay Dry/Wet. Set the source to "none" instead of LFO2. And you wont hear anymore "delay" when you shorten attack times. Actually the weirdness you heard is the LFO modulating the Dry/Wet : Depending on the cycle of the LFO, sometimes you only heard the Wet ( ie the delayed sound) and not the dry sound. Hence the Delay that worries you.

You can now change the envelope settings and the patch will play excactly what you expect from it. The fact that this modulation was barely noticeable before is because Simon set a quite slow attack on the pad, and thus the occasional Delay thing was not heard when played "as it". Also please note that the filter EV amount is not big, and the cutoff of the 24LPF set rather high, so except if you wanna make neg modulation of the cut off a la JP8, maybe you'll want to lower a bit the cutoff and raise a bit the filter EV amount to hear more Filter EV action.

Ok another mystery solved :)

Cheers,

Laurent
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Return to “Instruments”