Oxium replacement

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lotuzia wrote: Some people, like Hakey, who posted this nice picture, could not make the difference between Oxium and a real Jupiter 8.

Well the same person could not make the difference between Synth 1 and a real Jupiter 8 as well to be honnest.
Right to the insults...how predictable. :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

If you see insults there, then its only you interpreting some facts :shrug:

I'm only reminding people of some facts. That some simple facts can be seen as insulting for someone I leave that to you. Its your sole and entire responsability to point out this. :roll:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:Some people, like Hakey, who posted this nice picture, could not make the difference between Oxium and a real Jupiter 8.
Nah. Like most people, I heard a difference. My mistake was in deciding which was which.

But don't forget that in replicating the wrong audio example I inadvertently demonstrated that the Oxium clip sounded closer to Synth1 than it did to the Jupiter.

How's that for a 'fact'? ;)

The AU version is perfectly stable in Live8 and CPU use is average (relative to similar synths).

As a software engineer I feel the pain of cross-platform developers, especially with multiple hosts. I'd imagine the buy-in now is a minimal of three or four computers with at least 5 of the major DAWS if you really want to QA a commercial product.

I've actually found the AU versions of most of my plugs more stable then the VSTs (on the occasion where I run Windows 7 in Bootcamp), but more likely to have annoying little bugs (GUI resizing not working properly, the occasional parameter not properly recalled by the host project, etc.).

I'd give Xils a chance to try and reproduce the problem first though - they're responsive (website problems not withstanding), and the solution may be relatively simple.

Lotuzia wrote:If you see insults there, then its only you interpreting some facts :shrug:
The only fact Xils needs to know is that I will never buy one of their products as long as you are allowed to be their spokesperson.........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

JoeCat wrote:......

I'd give Xils a chance to try and reproduce the problem first though - they're responsive (website problems not withstanding), and the solution may be relatively simple.
Thanks JoeCat,

Hopefully it might be simple yes.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

rather than trying to replace the synth, how about a example of the sounds you need to replace.
may get a few more ideas that way

vurt wrote:rather than trying to replace the synth, how about a example of the sounds you need to replace.
may get a few more ideas that way
You're right actually. Ok, so here it goes

https://www.box.com/s/2snehbvax56q8f8c44b7

First is the (heavilly) processed part as featured in song I am working on, after that there's clean unprocessed part.
As s*itty as it seems, this is the sound I do aim for. I know it's not very complicated sound, but I did failed to recreate it thus far.

Teksonik wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:If you see insults there, then its only you interpreting some facts :shrug:
The only fact Xils needs to know is that I will never buy one of their products as long as you are allowed to be their spokesperson.........

I practise that for two years now and miss nothing.

replacing oxium is going to be a tough task IMO. It has a lot of idiosyncrasies that give it its unique sound. I'd probably give them a week or two to try and sort out the bugs before I abandon hope.

However, if you're going to try and replace it, I too would would recommend trying out Corona. Although it is quite different from Oxium, I would say that both of them share a kind of "raw" quality. They both have a lot of liveliness and presence, which is what I gravitate to in a synth. You can only have one waveform per oscillator, but the fact that you can load wav files as oscillators would allow more or less achieve that (and much more).. To get Corona to sound more organic use lots of minute amounts of random modulation and crank up the drift parameter. It can be quite beautiful.

stillshaded wrote:To get Corona to sound more organic use lots of minute amounts of random modulation and crank up the drift parameter. It can be quite beautiful.

audio example please :)

unfortunately when installing an update recently, I overwrote all my freaking patches I'd made because like an idiot I was just saving over factory bank patches and it's automatically reinstalls them when you update.. beware.

anyway.. i wipped up a couple of patches in the last 20 minutes here you go:

http://soundcloud.com/sti11sh-ded/corona

Cool... thanks for posting!

(and sucks about the presets)

stillshaded wrote:unfortunately when installing an update recently, I overwrote all my freaking patches I'd made because like an idiot I was just saving over factory bank patches and it's automatically reinstalls them when you update.. beware.

anyway.. i wipped up a couple of patches in the last 20 minutes here you go:

http://soundcloud.com/sti11sh-ded/corona
I freaking love that first pad!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

@Sendy.. thanks very much!

I really love Corona.. it makes me sick that I lost all the patches I made during the honey moon phase. There were a couple in particular that I really loved... it's a great synth and I have to admit the presets reaaaallly don't do it justice. Sorry, no offense to whoever made them.

Return to “Instruments”