Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nuance

I sent this thread to James (New Sonic Arts) to so he can read your comments for further updates and improvements based on your feedback :)

Demo seems interesting so far. Got some nice things going on in there. Anyone know if theres a manual for it?

Cant seem to get sample loop working.

I'd like it to be a bit easier to make place multiple samples across the keyboard. When you load up the keyboard in this sampler the keys are quite small and you have to be very careful.

Also +1 for some nicer effects like bit/crusher etc

Finally I like when samplers have multiple outs.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
rusetsky wrote:Add the opportunity cutting loop and drag and drop midi in host) Like this has been done in FXpansion Geist and iZotope Phatmatik. Then you will definitely be a success! Small and lightweight sampler for loops and oneshots no on the market.
Would like a sampler which can load to many tracks. FXpansion Geist in this respect is too heavy =( Sorry for my english.
Maybe IL Edison does what you want
In Apple Logic ?)

nofrets wrote:Certainly looks good - I'm a huge fan of minimalist GUIs. Could do with more info on the website - I had to download and start the demo installer to determine whether it was 64-bit or not (it is).
Thats a good point, I will get that updated on the website.
nofrets wrote:If anyone from New Sonic Arts sees this, please consider posting the manual so folks can get a better idea of Nuance's capabilities.

PG
There is a manual included with the demo. On Windows you can find it on the start menu, and the installer also gives the option to place a shortcut on the desktop.

On OSX, its in the application folder.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Aiynzahev wrote:I'd like it to be a bit easier to make place multiple samples across the keyboard. When you load up the keyboard in this sampler the keys are quite small and you have to be very careful.
Did you know you can zoom by dragging of the octave bar above the keyboard?
Aiynzahev wrote: Also +1 for some nicer effects like bit/crusher etc
Thats something being considered for the 1.1, which is really open to discussion right now so I'm really happy to hear more feedback on that kind of thing...
Aiynzahev wrote:Finally I like when samplers have multiple outs.
I think that doesn't make so much sense unless Nuance has some kind of "groups" feature (i.e. different parameters for different zones, which in turn opens up the possibility for a drum mode etc). Also definitely an option on the table, but not in scope for the 1.1 I guess.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

analoguesamples909 wrote:......not sure why unison spread is available as a modulation source
Actually I think is one of the more interesting ideas in Nuance :) It means that not only can you detune the unison voices (as standard in most samplers), but you can "spread" anything that can be modulated. For example in addition to routing Unison to Pitch, you can also route it to Pan to spread the detuned voices across the stereo field...
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:
nofrets wrote:Certainly looks good - I'm a huge fan of minimalist GUIs. Could do with more info on the website - I had to download and start the demo installer to determine whether it was 64-bit or not (it is).
Can you add the plugin formats (e.g., VST 2.X, AU, RTAS, etc.) as well, please?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:
newsonicarts wrote:
Can you add the plugin formats (e.g., VST 2.X, AU, RTAS, etc.) as well, please?
Will do, although btw those details are already mentioned on the system requirements box on the Try page. But you are right, it also makes sense to put them on the Specs page.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:I'd like it to be a bit easier to make place multiple samples across the keyboard. When you load up the keyboard in this sampler the keys are quite small and you have to be very careful.
Did you know you can zoom by dragging of the octave bar above the keyboard?
Aiynzahev wrote: Also +1 for some nicer effects like bit/crusher etc
Thats something being considered for the 1.1, which is really open to discussion right now so I'm really happy to hear more feedback on that kind of thing...
Aiynzahev wrote:Finally I like when samplers have multiple outs.
I think that doesn't make so much sense unless Nuance has some kind of "groups" feature (i.e. different parameters for different zones, which in turn opens up the possibility for a drum mode etc). Also definitely an option on the table, but not in scope for the 1.1 I guess.
No I didn't know that. Thanks. I haven't spent too much time with it yet.

My opinion:

1) It's nice and uncluttered. It does enough to be really useful but not so much as to make it a chore to sift through.

2) The filters sound great

3) Some small effects would be welcome. Especially if we can route them in creative ways, like before of after filter. Manipulate delay lines with modulation sources. Things like that. But if you have multiple outs it's not important. Important thing is to keep it uncluttered and CPU light.

4) I like the GUI a lot

5) For what it is right now I feel it's a little pricey, even with the intro price

6) I'd like a good drum sampler with multiple outs, that's why I ask. I suppose people might mention Poise, but I don't think thats exactly what I am looking for either.

7) consider a Akai style pad layout as an option, just grab and drop to the pads.

I think there was something else, but I forget.

Thanks for listening!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Been on the beta since day one.

It's come a long way in such a short amount of time! James is great to work with too...email him a question and he's happy to respond.

Bought. :wink:
S1gns Of L1fe
Ambient Music Producer | Content Creator

newsonicarts wrote:
nofrets wrote:If anyone from New Sonic Arts sees this, please consider posting the manual so folks can get a better idea of Nuance's capabilities.

PG
There is a manual included with the demo. On Windows you can find it on the start menu, and the installer also gives the option to place a shortcut on the desktop.

On OSX, its in the application folder.
Thanks for the quick replies! Regarding onboard effects, I know I'm in the minority, but I've got FX plugins out the wazoo. I'm a big fan of simple, purpose-built tools that do one thing very well - and it certainly seems you've hit the mark with this one. Nice work!

Patrick

The thing with FX plugins is - they're effects. When you include an effects block in a sampler or synth, it becomes a part of the synthesis process - it's not merely an "effect" any more but is part of the sound in the way that a filter or ring modulator might be.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

nofrets wrote: Regarding onboard effects, I know I'm in the minority, but I've got FX plugins out the wazoo. I'm a big fan of simple, purpose-built tools that do one thing very well - and it certainly seems you've hit the mark with this one. Nice work!
Patrick

Same here, I am not interested in this having its own effects. It would just bloat it out too much. Its rare I use in built fx with my synths as I have others I prefer to use.

thanks James for letting me tested the beta

a quick demo made with nuance (effects are VVV and Bloom)

tremor + B2 for drums

https://soundcloud.com/lxegs/nuance-demo

Return to “Instruments”