The KVR Audio website is moving to a new server - please expect some disruption to services over the next 24-48 hours.

During the final stages of the transition several services will be disabled on the old server, such as new user registrations, KVR Marketplace transactions, developer admin features, forum search, posting in the forum, etc.

Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
newsonicarts
KVRist

224 posts since 26 Jun, 2010

Postby newsonicarts; Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:02 pm Re: Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

We are pleased to announce that Nuance V2 is now officially available:

Nuance V2 Overview
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com
Jonathan Shepherd
KVRist

323 posts since 28 Jan, 2003

Postby Jonathan Shepherd; Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:22 am Re: Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

OK I'm in. I held on to Shortcircuit about as long as a man could, but Nuance wins. Easy to dive right in, and most everything can be learned through experience. Scrolling through presets shows the range of power behind the simple interface. Great work mate. I have a request, which I couldn't find on your site's request list: to be able to speed zoom using, say, ctrl + mousewheel, on the waveform display. I see that I can use the zoom bar below the waveform for quick zooming but it jumps around when zooming in all the way. It's no dealbreaker if you can't/won't though.
Thanks for the work sir and good day---
DarkStar
KVRAF

8503 posts since 2 Sep, 2003, from Surrey, UK

Postby DarkStar; Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:49 am Re: Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

-- looks stylish to me
-- what .nu libraries are included?
-- but what .nu libraries are available?
-- how does it beat other (cheaper) samplers?
-- email for a demo? :(
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...
fisherKing
KVRAF

1720 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:11 am Re: Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

i use nuance all the time (rarely the exs24 in logic); so it's great to see these new features, options. am excited to dive in...
always one plugin short of perfection...
newsonicarts
KVRist

Postby newsonicarts; Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:44 pm Re: Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

Jonathan Shepherd wrote: have a request, which I couldn't find on your site's request list: to be able to speed zoom using, say, ctrl + mousewheel, on the waveform display.

Not sure if its what you are looking for, but if you right-click (cmd-click) on the zoom bar, it will quickly toggle between last-zoomed-in state and full-zoomed-out state.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com
Jonathan Shepherd
KVRist

Postby Jonathan Shepherd; Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:34 pm Re: Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

Yep, I saw that. Very neat. I have more of a problem using the bar to zoom in. The bar is fast but the closer I zoom in, the waveform view veers away from where I want it. I figure using a mod + mousewheel for a fast zoom would be more accurate. Either way I'm getting along nicely!
newsonicarts
KVRist

Postby newsonicarts; Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:25 pm Re: Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

Jonathan Shepherd wrote:Yep, I saw that. Very neat. I have more of a problem using the bar to zoom in. The bar is fast but the closer I zoom in, the waveform view veers away from where I want it. I figure using a mod + mousewheel for a fast zoom would be more accurate. Either way I'm getting along nicely!

Ok, if you press Shift + drag on the zoombar it will lock the X position.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com
Jonathan Shepherd
KVRist

Postby Jonathan Shepherd; Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:30 pm Re: Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

Alright, thanks man! Two more questions, 1.Is there a way to place start/end markers besides dragging the existing ones? When I am zoomed in I have to zoom back out to grab the markers. 2. When zoomed in is there a way to scroll left and right proper? The zoom bar is fidgety about it.
Ok enough badgering, thanks for a fine bit o kit here-
newsonicarts
KVRist

Postby newsonicarts; Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:31 pm Re: Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

Jonathan Shepherd wrote:Alright, thanks man! Two more questions, 1.Is there a way to place start/end markers besides dragging the existing ones?

Currently no, aside for the Reset trim option. I suppose in future we could consider a 'Set left marker here', 'Set right marker here' type options on the context menu...

Jonathan Shepherd wrote:2. When zoomed in is there a way to scroll left and right proper? The zoom bar is fidgety about it.
Ok enough badgering, thanks for a fine bit o kit here-

As you can lock the X axis with Shift, you can lock the Y axis with left Alt key. So if you scroll with Alt it will not affect the zoom level.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com
Jonathan Shepherd
KVRist

Postby Jonathan Shepherd; Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:41 pm Re: Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

Works like a beaut, thank you---
classic
KVRAF

1558 posts since 26 Jul, 2004

Postby classic; Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:33 pm Re: Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

Does it have real pitch shifting or time warping like Halion or Mach 5?
That would make it a deal for me really.
Mr Arkadin
KVRAF

1502 posts since 11 Mar, 2003

Postby Mr Arkadin; Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:31 am Re: Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

The one time I tried to use Nuance for a specific task I couldn't figure it out. After many hours clicking about and some emails to and from support I eventually gave up and have never used it since.

As someone else suggested get some manuals and videos up. As it is I will not be upgrading this as I never use it.

I mean if people have to come on to a third-party forum and find out whether to alt-click or shift-click that's kind of ridiculous.

Still like Granite though.
classic
KVRAF

1558 posts since 26 Jul, 2004

Postby classic; Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:53 am Re: Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

So lets find out. I write to the developer.
DarkStar
KVRAF

8503 posts since 2 Sep, 2003, from Surrey, UK

Postby DarkStar; Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:28 am Re: Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

Some questions:
DarkStar wrote:-- what .nu libraries are included?
-- but what .nu libraries are available?
-- how does it beat other (cheaper) samplers?
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16786 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:10 am Re: Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

classic wrote:Does it have real pitch shifting or time warping like Halion or Mach 5?
That would make it a deal for me really.

Nope.
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments