Waldorf Largo goes 64 Bit in Summer 2013

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did they fixed the laggy GUI? Haven't tested it since than.

nIGhT-SoN wrote:Did they fixed the laggy GUI? Haven't tested it since than.
There seemed to be a thread about this some while ago:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

The problem is that this seems to be difficult to be reproduced. Personally i do not have a slow GUI problem with Largo and also no other major problems.

My setup is Core 2 Quad Q6600 (4 x 2.4 Ghz) CPU, Windows 7 32-bit, Ableton Live 9.0.4 32-bit and Largo v1.5.1.

Is it possible the GUi problem is based on using Largo in a 64-bit system with a bridge?

FWIW as i already mentioned Wolfram Franke had left Waldorf some months ago which is a major drawback for the update as he was a kind of "father" of most Waldorf plugins.
It looks like Waldorf has hired a few new developers and hopefully everything could be fixed ASAP.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Everglide wrote:I thought you might had other factors like work flow... never mind

So add the PPG Filter & the ability to load user wavetable Largo becomes Largus

Largus = 'copious, abundant.'
Also the sound of Blofeld is lightly different. Workflow usually is better with software. Anyway the interfface (edit matrix) of the Blofeld is quite nice and the grapical display is very helpful.

I also used a free editor (see link i had posted) while doing my soundbank.

BTW it's still a riddle to me how such a powerful synth engine could run on a tiny DSP chip like that in the Blofeld... :)
In past i guessed that the internal hardware (CPU, DSP, flash memory) could fit onto a USB stick...

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Is it possible the GUi problem is based on using Largo in a 64-bit system with a bridge?
This is correct. If I run Largo in Reaper in "Embed bridged GUI" mode, I get the laggy GUI. If I open it without embedding the GUI, I get a smooth, non-laggy GUI.

So this should be fixed when 64-bit Largo is out. Whenever that happens...

EvilDragon wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Is it possible the GUi problem is based on using Largo in a 64-bit system with a bridge?
This is correct. If I run Largo in Reaper in "Embed bridged GUI" mode, I get the laggy GUI. If I open it without embedding the GUI, I get a smooth, non-laggy GUI.

So this should be fixed when 64-bit Largo is out. Whenever that happens...
Hi,

many thanks for this. A very helpful information concerning the problem. :)

This also shows why i am not able to reproduce it as i am running a native 32-bit system.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

I think it should help Waldorf pinpoint it. Please relay the report to them, thanks :)

EvilDragon wrote:I think it should help Waldorf pinpoint it. Please relay the report to them, thanks :)
Have to contact ehem soon anyway so i'll do then. :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Maybe they should add some colour to fix that unimaginative cheap grey and red look?
Same goes for the vocoder Lector.
Grey and red everywhere isn't the best combo that is nice on the eyes, especially after hours of work in a daw.
Why not take a look at all the great looking Waldorf hardware synths. Plenty of inspiration right there.

Alex Hartmann did the GUI for Largo and Lector. The same guy who did the design of Waldorf hardware. :D

I see. That's interesting. Waldorf hardware synths all look great, but then they went all grey on the plugins.
Maybe he had a migraine that day. I hope that they will make them look more realistic and add some damn colour.

EvilDragon wrote:Alex Hartmann did the GUI for Largo and Lector. The same guy who did the design of Waldorf hardware. :D
AFAIK he's also doing the graphics for the webshop including the graphics for my soundsets.

I think he also made the design for the megalithic Schmidt Eightvoice analog synth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3WmDCnQxME

This is also mentioned here:
http://www.sequencer.de/blog/schmidt-8- ... sizer/9958

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Before i forget:
Those who use the Windows version 1.5.0 of Largo should update to v1.5.1:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/downlo ... ndows.html

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Dunno, I don't mind the look of Largo at all. It's quite easy to work with it.

Decagon wrote:I see. That's interesting. Waldorf hardware synths all look great, but then they went all grey on the plugins.
Maybe he had a migraine that day. I hope that they will make them look more realistic and add some damn colour.
ditto

Largo looks as depressing as Ableton and has a bad browser just like Ableton. I love Waldorf stuff, but...
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

Return to “Instruments”