Waldorf Largo goes 64 Bit in Summer 2013

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

schnapsglas, are you using a Mac?

OK so Musicmesse has now passed. Has anyone got any news of impending 64 bit Largo?

Woohoo! I've been waiting for this as a condition of purchase.

Mogular wrote:OK so Musicmesse has now passed. Has anyone got any news of impending 64 bit Largo?
No.

1.) Wolfram Franke has left Waldorf as i mentioned at the Pulse 2 in the hardware forum. This should be a major problem concerning a date for the update.

2.) Next focus at Waldorf will be at Beta testing and releasing the Pulse 2

Of course i could be wrong and it will be soon as they seem to hire new coders/developers like e.g. Frederic Meslin who works on the software/firmware part of the Pulse 2.

BTW the sales of the Rocket analog synth seem to work quite well so far.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

ah ok thanks Ingo. I didn't know about Wolfram Franke leaving.
Did he do the programming on all the other plugins as well?

I really hope they consider it worth their while to make it 64-bit (and release a bug-fixed version).
Makes me very thankful for Logics in-built 32-bit server so I can still use it, but it is literally the last of the plugins that I own that is not at 64-bit.
And of course once Logic X comes, it seems there will no longer be any 32-bit support :(

Would you say the hardware pulse is a suitable replacement for Largo?

Mogular wrote:Would you say the hardware pulse is a suitable replacement for Largo?
No. It's apples and oranges.

Blofeld is very similar to Largo.

Oops, Blofeld, thanks :? I knew that someone had once compared one of the hardwares with Largo.

Wow that's very informative. They are very close but each has it's own benefits it seems.
thanks for posting this link

Mogular wrote:Oops, Blofeld, thanks :? I knew that someone had once compared one of the hardwares with Largo.
Blofeld besides most of the Largo features got sample import (either included in the keyboard or with the SL upgrade in the desktop), the PPG Wave filter model of the Q and it could import user wavetables.

On the other hand the Blofeld sounds slightly different and also the parameter ranges seem to differ slightly (at least when patches are reprogrammed 1:1 it sounds a bit different).
The Blofeld is missing the layer feature of Largo but it's up to 16 times multitimbral.

Personally i got both and like them both but mostly i still prefer the Blofeld.

The PPG Wave 3.V on the other hand is totally awesome and it seems to copy the sound of the real thing as good as possible.
Last year at the Musikmesse i played a PPG Wave 2.2 (modified/upgraded to 2.3) and finally noticed how close the plugin could be.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Personally i got both and like them both but mostly i still prefer the Blofeld.
I'm curious, why do you prefer Blofeld over Largo?

He just said it above - sample import, PPG filter, user wavetables.

Thank you Dragon... I'm sure there must be other reasons. Ingo?

When I emailed Waldorf about possible updates to Largo this was the reply
At the moment the plan is to release a native 64 bit version of Largo this year. Maybe there will be some new features, maybe ;-)

Everglide wrote:Thank you Dragon... I'm sure there must be other reasons. Ingo?
I guess my last post explains it quite well.

Here are links for a Blofeld wavetable editor (+ an editor for the synth) and free samples + wavetables:

http://lady.rdsor.ro/~kotro/index.php?m=soft#mopho
http://synth.stromeko.net/Downloads.html

There is also a commercial soundbank that includes samples (it's from Jörf Schaaf from Radikal Technologies):
http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... ts/wsetb01

From Waldorf i got the Blofeld, Largo, PPG Wave 3.V, Waldorf Edition and Lector. In the past (around 2004/2005) i also had a Q keyboard with 32 voices and a Microwave XT.
From all those my favorites are the Blofeld and PPG Wave 3.V. For both i made commercial soundbanks (see my signature). For PPG Wave 3.V i participated in Beta testing and also made a factory bank.

For Largo i had published free patches here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=author&id=176645

Those were my "entry" to enter the Waldorf Beta team some time ago.

Before you ask: No i have no details or time for a Largo update or a Beta test for the update.

Next Beta test at Waldorf should be the Pulse 2 hardware synth.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

I thought you might had other factors like work flow... never mind

So add the PPG Filter & the ability to load user wavetable Largo becomes Largus

Largus = 'copious, abundant.'

Return to “Instruments”