The Official XILS 3 Thread ( No more HW dongle required )

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ZINO wrote:iLok 2 and elicencer dongle are both uncrackable or at least very hard to crack. I am ok with both dongles. People that hate them should go and buy something else and stop moaning in every thread.
+1 :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

aMUSEd wrote:
xavier wrote: About the presets compatibility as Laurent already said :
_ the check box in the keyboard panel increase the compatibility with the previous version : No sine waveshaping, monophonic ringmodulator (instead of polyphonic), more noise in the filter core.
Ah yes I found it - I was looking in options (which might have been the logical place to put this). However it seems to come on everytime I switch a preset - even from the factory bank - so every time I have to go into the keyboard panel and unset it. A global off/on would be appreciated, as well ideally as the ability for it to detect a legacy patch (like Zebra 2.3 mode does).

Even with it on some patches sound different though - that's not ideal as I have a lot of banks for the XILS and don't want to have to open them all in XILS3.1 all the time. I would also like to know what to change to make my old patches work again as it's not clear what is affecting the sound.

Can we have a zoom for the tiny sequencer please too? I still find it hard to work with.
Hi Stephen,

First about your last wish : Yes, a zoom on the sequencer is plan ! With 128 step, it become to be difficult to use.

About the Compatibility box : When launching a preset made with a previous version, this box is obviously checked (that why a lot of factory preset have this box checked)
It was very difficult to decide what to do ! The better would have been to do nothing, but that was not the purpose : Having Polyphonic Ring Modulator, 18db Filter, Wave-shaping on the sine wave was important.
But this changed would have change the sound , not saying about the velocity and level modulation process !

So we decide first to name this version with a new name to keep previous projects unchanged, then to add this check box to increase compatibility.

But this parameter can't take into account the velocity and output level management : it would have been terrific to manage and for user to understand it.

So yes, when using the output level modulation, especially with polyphonic sources (velocity, keyboard follow, after touch polyphonic, ...) the result differs from the previous version.

But I think it's worth the change.

Having a global parameter won't work either : there would be only two choices for all the presets, meaning that when unchecked to get the new evolutions for the new presets, the legacy presets won't sound the same. On the contrary, enabling this global option would help for legacy presets, but would change new presets.
That's why we kept this parameter "preset dependent".

So to summarize :
_ Your legacy preset are sounding correctly : keep it unchanged
_ Your legacy preset is not sounding as you want : If it uses the velocity on the output level modulation, then raise the Velocity amount at the maximum (on the keyboard panel) and adjust the amounts in the Extend matrix when the velocity is used for other destination.
_ You are creating a new preset, it's worth to let this parameter disengaged to have all the power of this new version.
_ You don't need to disengage this parameter if your legacy preset is sounding as you want. This could worth only if you need the evolutions (Polyphonic RingMod, waveshape, etc ..)

The purpose is not to have 100% compatible presets, it would have been impossible. The purpose is to have presets which sound the same for most of them and for the others, to sound correctly with a quite little tweak.

BTW : you can contact me directly and ask me to check some of your presets.

Best regards
Xavier

ZINO wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
ZINO wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote: (dongles dont stop warez)
They actually DO stop warez....
Hmm, a quick search finds plenty of cracked dongle protected software :?

Im not here to derail and discuss the merits so lets agree to disagree
iLok 2 and elicencer dongle are both uncrackable or at least very hard to crack. I am ok with both dongles. People that hate them should go and buy something else and stop moaning in every thread.
Indeed, Im buying an eLicenser tomorrow.
Arturia is protected with this and is cracked, nevermind :ud:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: ...........
..... :ud:
Btw you can buy Elicencers dongles for only 12€ on Xils-Lab site

http://www.xils-lab.com/pages/STORE.html

Dont know if the price is interesting, but might be worth to mention.

[Edit 07/04] 12€ Including p&p :) Xils makes ZERO profit on this. And I just checked on a major German site ( beginning with a T ) and the price is nearly twice as that. So yes, I guess this make Xils-Lab an hardware reseller :oops: :lol:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I have had a real VCS3 for some years and when I tested the XILS demo yesterday I must say that their Filter emulation has nothing to do with the real thing, not even close. On the other hand XILS claims they are doing hard work focussing on 0dff technique. The Kobol emulation is a bit closer to the original.
Induljon a banzáj!

e-modic wrote: On the other hand XILS claims they are doing hard work focussing on 0dff technique. ........
Yes odf filters since many years now. This is the 4rth generation of Xils Odf filters, with a particular focus on enhancing non linear behaviour, and a bit of cpu optimisation.

Sorry to hear that the filter disapoints you. Based on our own tests, and based on my experience ( My stepfather had two, and I used one for many years ), the filter is the closest I've heard sofar, and would not it still be the closest, it just sound gorgeous. ymmv.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

A zoom on the sequencer window has also been schedulled.

And we're cooking a tutorial video about the Xils 3 used as a VST effect ! ( much more than a resonnant filter as one will see )

Lotuzia wrote:The Xils 4 is something else, another synth, something so monstruous that I dont know if I dare to speak about it now,
Sounds terrifying, i assume then, that you might perfectly rename it :

GODZILLA

:P

P.S. i LOVE such kind of lizards, don't worry !

:love: :love:

Krakatau wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:The Xils 4 is something else, another synth, something so monstruous that I dont know if I dare to speak about it now,
Sounds terrifying, i assume then, that you might perfectly rename it :

GODZILLA

:P

P.S. i LOVE such kind of lizards, don't worry !

:love: :love:
:lol: Spot on ! Perfectly illustrating how I think about it. Name is certainly copyrighted unfortunately.

MogZilla however could be available :) ( for Modular )

------------________________

Back to Xils 3 V.2, wich is already the Emperor of Pin Matrix Modular Analog Synthesizers, and a short piece made by Sweep :tu: , a bit on the experimental side.

Awakening by Sweep

Whatever the genre, Xils 3 will always sound organic in your tracks !

(sorry for the OT)

Any chance that XILS may switch away from elicenser to serial?

I'm most interested in Synthix...

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
ZINO wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
ZINO wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote: (dongles dont stop warez)
They actually DO stop warez....
Hmm, a quick search finds plenty of cracked dongle protected software :?

Im not here to derail and discuss the merits so lets agree to disagree
iLok 2 and elicencer dongle are both uncrackable or at least very hard to crack. I am ok with both dongles. People that hate them should go and buy something else and stop moaning in every thread.
Arturia is protected with this and is cracked, nevermind :ud:
ilok2 isn't.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Lotuzia wrote:

[Edit 07/04] 12€ Including p&p :) Xils makes ZERO profit on this. And I just checked on a major German site ( beginning with a T ) and the price is nearly twice as that. So yes, I guess this make Xils-Lab an hardware reseller :oops: :lol:
Darn it, I assumed there would be extra for postage, that is a bargain.
I paid £15 from a non virtual shop

Sorry for the derail.

really enjoying XILS 3 :D

Ive got a Faderfox LV3 controller that has 2 joysticks......so my complaint is XILS doesnt have enough joysticks ;) hehe

pdxindy wrote:(sorry for the OT)

Any chance that XILS may switch away from elicenser to serial?

I'm most interested in Synthix...
There's nothing schedulled about that at the moment.

Some Xils units only use serials : Xils 3LE, PolyKB EH Player, flagship synthesizer Oxium, and all our analog effects.

LtZ

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

Darn it, I assumed there would be extra for postage, that is a bargain.
I paid £15 from a non virtual shop

Sorry for the derail.

really enjoying XILS 3 :D

Ive got a Faderfox LV3 controller that has 2 joysticks......so my complaint is XILS doesnt have enough joysticks ;) hehe
Hi VarikusBrainz. Glad you enjoy the Xils 3.

Yes, maybe we should make it more visible on the site that Xils sells Elicencer dongles at cost price. Sorry for that.

I rewrote all the presets of the former Factory Library so that they have Vector/Joystick modulation possibilities. Because I tought it was very important. And actually, adding another JS is one of the many ideas that we explore regarding future updates of the Xils series. There's SO MUCH we could add, that I can't however promise anything. But yes, this idea has already crossed our minds :)

There was some info about importing the previous version presets but I didn't understand what we should do.
I'm finding volume levels are clipping and in a few cases really low.

Thanks

Ps quite surprised at how little CPU this synth uses and so easy to make those dirty sounding analog noises :)

Return to “Instruments”