XILS Roland Vocoder VP-330 Plus - NEW SYNTH

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS V+

How to subscribe to the newsletter.

And how the effects version GUI will be like ?

K-Slash wrote:How to subscribe to the newsletter.

For the newsletter just create an account on Xils site.

The Effect version GUI is the same than the Instrument GUI. You can also play the Strings and Human voices etc in the FX version. We added the instrument version because we tought that people might be confused after installing V+ or the demo, and not seeing it in the Instrument list of their DAW.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Wow, you guys continue to surprise! I never heard a Roland V330 in r.l. but those samples sound so close! :love: Nice GUI too. Can't wait to mess with the demo (I love vocoders)! :band:

Lotuzia wrote:

The Effect version GUI is the same than the Instrument GUI. You can also play the Strings and Human voices etc in the FX version. We added the instrument version because we tought that people might be confused after installing V+ or the demo, and not seeing it in the Instrument list of their DAW.
Alright, so it could be used as a vocoder which respons to MIDI chords to create te perfect harmonies ?

K-Slash wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

Alright, so it could be used as a vocoder which respons to MIDI chords to create te perfect harmonies ?
Thanks for your interest, K-Slash,

Yes, you're right.

Three modes are available for the XILS V+
- Instrument : used as any MIDI instrument without input (so without the vocoder available)

- Midi Effect : used as an insert or send effect, receiving MIDI events. It is the best to control the vocoder, but also the other sounds through midi

- Simple Effect : used as an insert or send effect without receiving MIDI events. This is intend to be be used for simple vocoder sound. Right click on the virtual keyboard. The note will be saved in your project (and preset if you save it). That way, no need to create a MIDI track to use the XILS V+ vocoder.

Hope that helps (before you try it)

Best
Xavier

paulbreeze wrote:dongles... who cares ;) , as long as the product is great and the developer leaves the decision ilok/elicenser to the customer...
Decision made. No sale.

Oxium is a simple serial, why isnt this? :roll:

Ahhh.. with Oxium being serial number protected only I had high hopes that this one would also come without a hardware lock. I'll skip it then. :(

Did the serial nr. protection experiment for Oxium fail (not enough sales and/or too much pirating)?

Nielzie wrote:Ahhh.. with Oxium being serial number protected only I had high hopes that this one would also come without a hardware lock. I'll skip it then. :(

Did the serial nr. protection experiment for Oxium fail (not enough sales and/or too much pirating)?
I was expecting this dicussion and i am quite sure that "the usual suspects" will dicuss it here again. :wink:

I hope we could avoid another 10 pages (or more) discussion about that topic.
To me it's a mystery that for some people any interest in a new product stop as soon as it uses a dongle for protection.
At least Xils Lab offers version for both common hardware dongles (eLicenser and iLok) which is not very common with oter companies that use dongles.

The price of the dongle does stop to really matter as soon as you got more than one license on it.

Personally i got two eLicenser dongles (or Syncrodoft at that time) when i got the boxed versions of Arturia Prophet V and Korg Legacy Collection Digital Edition which both was long ago.
Currently i got several licenes on it from companies like e.g. xils Lab, Waldorf , Korg (both Legacy Collection, i know there is a new system now...) and Steinberg (Wavelab Elements 7). In several years I never noticed any problem concerning those licenses. It's also no problem using the same software on multiple computers even if you want to test one of the plugins on a friend's computer.
From time to time it is necessary to install the latest version of the license center software but usually it asks for an update of the database automatically as soon as you want to install a new product that is not included in the current database. With the latest version of the software adding a new license is not much more difficult than entering a serial number and no you do not need an internet connection to use the plugins that use the dongle. That is only needed once while the license is installed and could be even done on a different computer.

I am no "fan" of dongles BTW and also prefer simple serial numbers or key files but for me it is no huge problem or "no-go" like it seems to be for other people here.

That's all i have to contribute to this topic and now back to V+. :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Every thread the same... dongle haters: "I won't buy it blah blah blah. Why - oh why did you do this to me blah blah blah???".

Who cares, go get something else!

ZINO wrote:Every thread the same... dongle haters: "I won't buy it blah blah blah. Why - oh why did you do this to me blah blah blah???".

Youre missing the point.....consistancy....

Kriminal wrote:
ZINO wrote:Every thread the same... dongle haters: "I won't buy it blah blah blah. Why - oh why did you do this to me blah blah blah???".

You are missing the synth...

paulbreeze wrote:Looks great. Sounds great. => I want it... ;)))
Thanks Paul :)

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

ZINO wrote:
Kriminal wrote:

You are missing the synth...
Nope.

donato wrote:Already entered the contest. Had a very difficult time trying to answer those! Super impressive A/B with the original. Will definitely pick up a copy when I have money, so...2014? :D
Hi Don,

Or much before if you win one of the two licences offered for the A/B contest ;)

Best luck to you, and to all other people participating :)

analoguesamples909 wrote:are there any audio demos yet? didnt see any...
Yes there are, and you can even win one of the two V+ licences offered by participating at a small fun contest based on these examples.

Just visit this page, play with us, and win.

http://www.xils-lab.com/pages/XILS-VPLUS_Contest.html

There are seven examples : Strings Glide Chord, Human Voices Tremoloe, Vocoder Single Note, Layered Chords, Strings Glide Single, Strings Single and Chords, Vocoder Chords and Ensemble.

Your mission is to determine in each example wich one is the Xils V+, and wich one is the original machine. Simple. Or not ?

Return to “Instruments”