VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS V+

xavier wrote:
K-Slash wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
K-Slash wrote:How to subscribe to the newsletter.

And how the effects version GUI will be like ?
For the newsletter just create an account on Xils site.

The Effect version GUI is the same than the Instrument GUI. You can also play the Strings and Human voices etc in the FX version. We added the instrument version because we tought that people might be confused after installing V+ or the demo, and not seeing it in the Instrument list of their DAW.
Alright, so it could be used as a vocoder which respons to MIDI chords to create te perfect harmonies ?
Thanks for your interest, K-Slash,

Yes, you're right.

Three modes are available for the XILS V+
- Instrument : used as any MIDI instrument without input (so without the vocoder available)

- Midi Effect : used as an insert or send effect, receiving MIDI events. It is the best to control the vocoder, but also the other sounds through midi

- Simple Effect : used as an insert or send effect without receiving MIDI events. This is intend to be be used for simple vocoder sound. Right click on the virtual keyboard. The note will be saved in your project (and preset if you save it). That way, no need to create a MIDI track to use the XILS V+ vocoder.

Hope that helps (before you try it)

Best
Xavier
Alright, if it sounds anyway near the real thing, count me in for the VST x64 version :love: !

pre-ordering software ? over a short arbitrary time-scale {8 days} right before the software is made available for you to try ? to save 10%/10 euro VS when it's available to try ? surely this is an exercise in gullibility ?

what exactly is the purpose ? when hardware is manufactured pre-orders are necessary/useful for obvious reasons. In terms of software, pre-orders seem more plausible much earlier on in the process, perhaps in the form kick-starter projects take. Though I'm sure folks are more mindful of the risks involved in paying for or investing in software so early on. It's been done of course, to varying results.

But one week before it's available commercially ? What is the point other than some marketing gimmick ? I'm not about to indicate to you or other commercial DSP vendors that I'm willing to hand over 89 euro on the basis of some A/B tests and a screen capture - regardless of the quality of your already existing instruments. It's just not a precedent I'm willing to set for the sake of 10 euro. A steeper discount, maybe, though it would still feel totally unnatural & risky.

Between this and the big whoopty-doo you've made out of a 'free' colour scheme for the Oxium GUI, I'd seriously consider giving more scrutiny to the marketing ideas put forth by whoever has been coming up with them.

ChiTown24 wrote:marketing gimmick
we have a winner

everone uses gimmicks of some kind tho....'free' stuff, frequent 'sales', limited edition, intro price, blah blah. No big deal (certainly smaller than other issues)

ChiTown24 wrote:I'd seriously consider giving more scrutiny to the marketing ideas put forth by whoever has been coming up with them.
Bass, how low can you go?

So as one cannot complain about missing 64 bit support for this instrument, those in need to do some bitching has turned to the marketing strategy instead? :roll:

Kriminal wrote:
ChiTown24 wrote:marketing gimmick
we have a winner

everone uses gimmicks of some kind tho....'free' stuff, frequent 'sales', limited edition, intro price, blah blah. No big deal (certainly smaller than other issues)
of course, but most gimmicks don't deny you the opportunity to try the software first. that's the crux of my point. but yes, there's more important things to consider and xils-lab is an otherwise excellent company in terms of product & support. the recent gimmicks don't do the brand justice, imo.

Hemorrhoid wrote:
ChiTown24 wrote:I'd seriously consider giving more scrutiny to the marketing ideas put forth by whoever has been coming up with them.
Bass, how low can you go?

So as one cannot complain about missing 64 bit support for this instrument, those in need to do some bitching has turned to the marketing strategy instead? :roll:
What ? Not sure what you're on about. But if you've got a bee in your bonnet about 64 bit support don't let me stop you from saying so.

:shrug:

@ChiTown: your original post is well reasoned and make a lot of sense.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

The pre order period is quite small compared to some but I guess that's because it's due out on the 25th anyway. However, although one could argue all marketing is some sort of gimmickry, I can see the logic of offering it; there are some who will be planning to buy this already based on either their trust in XILs as a brand and/or their interest getting a recreation of a rare and musically useful instrument that is not otherwise represented in plugin form, so for them it's a gift.

ChiTown24 wrote:But one week before it's available commercially ? What is the point other than some marketing gimmick ? I'm not about to indicate to you or other commercial DSP vendors that I'm willing to hand over 89 euro on the basis of some A/B tests and a screen capture - regardless of the quality of your already existing instruments. It's just not a precedent I'm willing to set for the sake of 10 euro. A steeper discount, maybe, though it would still feel totally unnatural & risky.
Why is this a big deal for you, looks to me that you are more interested pointing this out, than being a possible customer.

If 10 Euro is a big deal for you then, then don't buy the product.

aMUSEd wrote:there are some who will be planning to buy this already based on either their trust in XILs as a brand
I'm planning on buying it too. After trying it. For 10%/10 euros, I'm not about to forgo that most holy of software consumer privileges {or should I say rights?}. If you can't see that this is a completely artificial & arbitrary 'pre-order' scheme well there's not much I can do to 'make' you see it that way. If they're willing to sell it at 89 euros for a week, they should do just that - but only if the demo is available at the same time. Otherwise, have fun setting unfavourable precedents for the consumer, for the sake of a measly 10 euro on a 100 euro purchase.

ChiTown24 wrote:
But one week before it's available commercially ? What is the point other than some marketing gimmick ? I'm not about to indicate to you or other commercial DSP vendors that I'm willing to hand over 89 euro on the basis of some A/B tests and a screen capture - regardless of the quality of your already existing instruments. It's just not a precedent I'm willing to set for the sake of 10 euro. A steeper discount, maybe, though it would still feel totally unnatural & risky.
In fact the pre-order price is 50 Euros less than the final price and 10 Euros less then the introduction price (which will last from May 25th to June 30th).

The preorder will start when the competition (where 2 licenses could be won) is over:
http://www.xils-lab.com/pages/XILS-VPLUS_Contest.html

I wanted to post audio demos but those would interfere with the competition. I am sure it will be no problem to post more demos after the competition is over and the preorder will start.

Here are the dates (and prices) again:

Release date : May 25th, 2013

Preorder the V+ is possible : You can Preorder the XILS V+ for a discounted price of 89€ ($115), from May 17th until May 25th.

Launch offer : from May 25th until June 30th, the XILS V+ will be 99€ ($129) .

MSRP price : After June 30th, the XILS V+ will be listed at 149€ ($194)

After all if you want to save 10€ you have to enter the preorder. If it's too risky you wait until the introduction offer and pay 10€ more. If you still can't decide you could wait until the final price is reached. The decision is up to you.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat May 11, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

aMUSEd wrote:The pre order period is quite small compared to some but I guess that's because it's due out on the 25th anyway. However, although one could argue all marketing is some sort of gimmickry, I can see the logic of offering it; there are some who will be planning to buy this already based on either their trust in XILs as a brand and/or their interest getting a recreation of a rare and musically useful instrument that is not otherwise represented in plugin form, so for them it's a gift.
Stephen, this is exactly, word for word, the way I thought. And the reasons are also exactly the right ones. ( Very short deadlines )

So this answers to ChiTown24 but I'd like to add a simple thing : Oxium loyal users did get the Jupiter 8 soundbank and the ICE skin for free, as well as the 1.5 major update and more than 50 additional presets in the factory library, additional tutorials and pedagogic material etc etc. We have many testimonials, some of them were expressed here on KVR, of users who did appreciate this. And the GB in itself reached its aims, so it was a success too. Like I said in the other thread, we have tried hard to satisfy and offer different things to both new and old Oxium users, but we obviously will not please everyone to max level. The preorder on the V+ is in the same spirit, that some will enjoy, and some others less. It's an additional 10€ discount, but none is obliged to buy now, and people can wait for the demo version and still get a 50€ fair discount. There's no real marketing trick, except if you think marketing is a dirty thing in itself : We try to do our best. That's all.

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

To buy software for 89 Euro without any test is more than a joke, and 149 Euro at the end is totally overpriced in my eyes, but we have to pay all the dongle companies.
So I feel free not to buy the VP-330 and stay with the Hollow Sun Kontaktversion for 18 Euros.

Ingonator wrote:After all if you want to save 10€ you have to enter the preorder. If it's too risky you wait until the introduction offer and pay 10€ more. If you still can't decide you could wait until the final price is reached. The decision is up to you.
+1 Word

jowen wrote:So I feel free not to buy the VP-330 and stay with the Hollow Sun Kontaktversion for 18 Euros.
Not a bad choice :)

But Kontakt isn't free is it? Even though the HS library costs just €18, you need Kontakt to run it in and that costs €399 last time I checked ;)

Return to “Instruments”