Jean michel Jarre VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

andrew71 wrote:There's a commercial bank for Synthmaster by Nori Ubukata which has a decent number of Jean Michel Jarre signature sounds.
Synthmaster demo can be downloaded from http://www.kv331audio.com/ and there always seems to be a discounted offer floating around KVR on the adverts. It's a really decent synth in my opinion.
oh, yes the Synthmaster...I have always the demo version. I wasn't impressed
so far. BUT, I didn't now the additional patches...sounds very interesting.
I will think about...another 129€!!!! :-)

Bladerunner1962 wrote:
Greedo wrote: Heres a cover i did some time ago with different software synths. The "analog" synth sounds and effects are all from U-He Zebra. The strings and plucks are from an Eminent 310 Kontakt sample with BigRock VST.
Doesent have any VCS 3 sound effects yet (exept for the wind), but i'm trying to do that allso with the Zebra.
I really do think that Zebra is all you need to make classic Jarre patches. (Exept for the Eminent organ, Fairlight, D50 and other digital samplers/romplers)
Hope you like it :)
This is really incredible.
+1 - amazing attention to detail. I just miss a few of those AKS effects (think it was the AKS) like @1.33 . But nevertheless - bravo.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Greedo wrote:https://soundcloud.com/rolfpaulsen/equi ... chel-jarre

Heres a cover i did some time ago with different software synths. The "analog" synth sounds and effects are all from U-He Zebra. The strings and plucks are from an Eminent 310 Kontakt sample with BigRock VST.
Doesent have any VCS 3 sound effects yet (exept for the wind), but i'm trying to do that allso with the Zebra.
I really do think that Zebra is all you need to make classic Jarre patches. (Exept for the Eminent organ, Fairlight, D50 and other digital samplers/romplers)
Mate, that is class :tu: :clap:

after thinking and testing nearlly 1 year in order to buy the BigRock
Phaser VST/Plugin, I did it today.
Before over the last years I downloaded some free Phaser Plugins or bought
some.
The BigRock costs around 80€. For such "small" Plugin...not really cheap! :-)

But, it was the right decision today for me. For me this is the best, outstandig
Phaser Module, which sounds like the original hardware Phaser from Small Stone...used for typical Oxygene Phaserstrings.

Greedo wrote: Heres a cover i did some time ago with different software synths. The "analog" synth sounds and effects are all from U-He Zebra. The strings and plucks are from an Eminent 310 Kontakt sample with BigRock VST.
How you made the arp/sequencer? Also with Zebra 2?
I have Zebra 2 for longer time. Could you name the patch names you used?
Or have you "program" the sounds on your own?

Bladerunner1962 wrote:
How you made the arp/sequencer? Also with Zebra 2?
I have Zebra 2 for longer time. Could you name the patch names you used?
Or have you "program" the sounds on your own?
Yes, that's also Zebra. I made the sound from scratch, but it's really a verry basic patch. 2 OCS, both with saw waveform. Some detuning and a XMF filter (Parallel/analogue). Allso added a automated Stereo Delay (In Zebra)for adding more delay in the mid part.
The trick was to get the filter envelope settings (V-slope) right.
The patch has a rather slow filter attack, so i had to change the Track Delay in Cubase to -51,47 to get the max filter at right time.
I've used step recording to record the notes. Don't think it's possible to do it with an arpeggiator.
I've made several covers of Jarre, Vangelis, Jan Hammer and other electronic artists and i really have a good time making the sounds as close to the original as possible. It's really fun and i've really learned allot of sound design doing it this way. :)

Greedo wrote: I've used step recording to record the notes. Don't think it's possible to do it with an arpeggiator.
I've made several covers of Jarre, Vangelis, Jan Hammer and other electronic artists and i really have a good time making the sounds as close to the original as possible. It's really fun and i've really learned allot of sound design doing it this way. :)
Thank you very much to give me/us an impression, how to do!
Great work!
Ok,I hoped, there is some apreggation behind and I have only to search for :-)
So it was really a production work.
Do you have any tipps which apreggiator presets/or VSTi come near to it?
Or isn't it possible?

Although I haven't tried the Hollow Sun library yet, I have tried another user created 310 patch bank for Kontakt which I downloaded from the NI website but it suffered from some rather obvious aliasing in the higher notes.

Along with a few others though, I HIGHLY recommend Night Flight http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=377611 for 310u emulation. It goes pretty close with it's own Small Stone emulation but, along with the Big Rock phaser (Night Flight inbuilt phaser turned off), it is in another league altogether! That is what I am using for Eminent 310u sounds and it is pretty close to spot on.

FWIW, Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene 1-6 and 7-14 are still two of my favourite albums.

AusDisciple wrote:
Along with a few others though, I HIGHLY recommend Night Flight http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=377611 for 310u emulation. It goes pretty close with it's own Small Stone emulation but, along with the Big Rock phaser (Night Flight inbuilt phaser turned off), it is in another league altogether! That is what I am using for Eminent 310u sounds and it is pretty close to spot on.
Night Flight is really great! It was a recommandation in some of the posts
in this thread. In addtion...a real small investment to get Night Flight.
And I'm also impressed...great sounds.
BUT...if you compare it to the original Oxygene Phasing Strings: the
original sounds much "bigger".
I tried it also with the BigRock Phaser.
Incredible, that it is obvouisly imposible, the recreat the sound via
VSTi...and I tried/bought nearlly each VSTi....which are recommended
via KVR or Google.
Incredible also: Jean-Michel Jarre produced it over 30 years ago with
"old technics" and it is until today obvouisly not possible to reproduce
it with new technics :-) Great Job he did! :-)

I hear you Bladerunner. JMJ has indeed done a masterful job with Oxygene 1-6 and 7-14. Both are still amongst my all time favourite albums (and I first heard Oxygene 1-6 more than three decades ago!!)

Some of the depth you are hearing in the JMJ recordings is actually due to the analog signal recording path and the tape saturation of analog tape. I dare say if you recorded Night Flight with Big Rock through an analog desk and onto analog tape at 15ips, you'd hear the additional 'depth' even from the VSTi.
It might be worth you experimenting with some tape saturation plugins too.

I have iZotope Ozone 5 Advanced and use the harmonic exciter in dual triode mode with Night Flight and Big Rock and it definitely adds significant 'character' and 'depth' to the sound.

The latest song I recorded with my band uses Night Flight and Big Rock extensively along with Ozone 5 Advanced Harmonic Exciter as mentioned above.
The song is called 'The Lion of Judah' and is free to download from my band website (see my signature).

AusDisciple wrote: Some of the depth you are hearing in the JMJ recordings is actually due to the analog signal recording path and the tape saturation of analog tape. I dare say if you recorded Night Flight with Big Rock through an analog desk and onto analog tape at 15ips, you'd hear the additional 'depth' even from the VSTi.
It might be worth you experimenting with some tape saturation plugins too.

I have iZotope Ozone 5 Advanced and use the harmonic exciter in dual triode mode with Night Flight and Big Rock and it definitely adds significant 'character' and 'depth' to the sound.
Thanks a lot for this! It sounds understandable. I never thought before about addtional mastering VSTs even I have some/a lot, which I use rarely...mostly
Stereospread e.g. for some Wusik Patches which are too "small".
I will experiment with some around also tape saturation.

The iZotope Ozone 5 is from my first point of view a very expensive investment..."only for master/effect VST"...perhaps I underestimate the impact of them.
I will have a look to it in order to experiment.

AusDisciple wrote:The latest song I recorded with my band uses Night Flight and Big Rock extensively along with Ozone 5 Advanced Harmonic Exciter as mentioned above.
The song is called 'The Lion of Judah' and is free to download from my band website (see my signature).
Good demonstration! I guess, this is the phasing I searched for long time :-)
I hope to get a cheaper Effect VSTi than Ozone 5 Advanced...which doing it comparible :-)

Bladerunner1962 wrote:Ok, I bought few minutes ago the hollow sun.
Yes, indeed, the ground sound is right, BUT..the difference to
the expample I quote in my posting before is very high.
I guess on the end, the phasing is the problem.
The room of the sound/the phasing of the example of
soundcloud is much bigger than in Hollow Sun VST.
Do you have some recommandations for it?
Arts Acoustic makes the right phaser emulation... that is the one to get

EDIT: I see you already got the Big Rock! :-)

after listening to different phaser fx i still think that the inbuilt phaser in cubase is doing a great job in emulating the smallstone phaser. to me it sounds much better than for example the phaser built into kontakt. take the cubase phaser with some stereo delay and for example the string synth sample pack from hollowsun and you can come pretty close to the original jarre sound on oxygen or equinoxe.

Return to “Instruments”