Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Jean michel Jarre VST

pmczar
KVRist

92 posts since 30 Jan, 2006, from Boston, MA

Postby pmczar; Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:53 pm Re: Jean michel Jarre VST

You can program any soft synth to make these sounds, as long as you open the windows in your studio to let in some oxygen.... :hihi:
I witnessed the Nice, France terrorist attack, told the story with a music video: https://youtu.be/eHhw4Bl9HOs
BlackWinny
KVRAF

3171 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:10 am Re: Jean michel Jarre VST

Well, honestly, I'm not convinced by this third opus. I find it too much tangled, too much messy... and too much robotic. In this third opus, the organic life seems to have disappeared from this Earth. The Oxygene/Equinoxe/Rendez-vous sounds are here, obviously... but the "Oxygene atmosphere" which was so airy is lost, agitated in too many storms of different gases. The organic life which was so beautiful in the first album seems to be threatened in this last one.

Two or three of the tracks (the last one for example) are quite cool (even very 70's) and very nice, as moments of plenitude between two gales, small moments actually recalling the first "Oxygene", but the global sentiment of a wonderful journey, of variations by splendid transitions in the continuity of life (like the Stephen Jay Gould's "punctuated equilibria") from the beginning to the end of the album, sentiment which was so present and so wonderful in that first album... is totally lost, as an Earth where the wonderful life is from now on simply a reminiscence of the past.

Much as I can tell that the initial "Oxygene" made in 1975 was a "concept album"... I can tell that this third album is simply a kind of experiments starting from "recalls" of the sounds with sometimes distant reminiscences of an atmosphere which is now disappearing in the past, but by far my main impression after having listened to all this album is an impression of the definitive loss of the soul of the so beautiful first album produced about 40 years ago. When the first album gave me a sentiment of organic life on an Earth with abundance of Oxygene, from now on this third album gives me a sentiment of robotic life on an Earth henceforth covered by gales of strange gases where the organic life is vanishing.

Curiously it is on this third opus that the cover of the album, a human skull in the center of a peeling Earth, takes all its sense. As a world where the true Life has vanished in the past and is now discovered under the feet of synthetic android archeologists "living" in an very windy atmosphere containing very few oxygen.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
egbert101
KVRian

1489 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:24 am Re: Jean michel Jarre VST

Well clearly JMJ has bought into the global warming propaganda, and ends his album pessimistically, but also maybe still some hope in space and beyond.
BasariStudios
KVRian

1302 posts since 25 Sep, 2011, from New York

Postby BasariStudios; Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:08 am Re: Jean michel Jarre VST

BlackWinny wrote:but by far my main impression after having listened to all this album is an impression of the definitive loss of the soul of the so beautiful first album produced about 40 years ago. When the first album gave me a sentiment of organic life on an Earth with abundance of Oxygene, from now on this third album gives me a sentiment of robotic life on an Earth henceforth covered by gales of strange gases where the organic life is vanishing.

Isn't this actually the reality of Planet Earth and what if he was actually following that?
http://www.basaristudios.com
Cubase 8.5 Pro. Windows 7 X64. ASUS SaberTooth X99. Intel I7 5820K. ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC 2GB. 4x8 GB G.SKILL. 2 850 PRO 256GB.
Prime Total. Acustica: Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 2, Amethyst, Murano, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy.
BlackWinny
KVRAF

3171 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:01 am Re: Jean michel Jarre VST

BasariStudios wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:but by far my main impression after having listened to all this album is an impression of the definitive loss of the soul of the so beautiful first album produced about 40 years ago. When the first album gave me a sentiment of organic life on an Earth with abundance of Oxygene, from now on this third album gives me a sentiment of robotic life on an Earth henceforth covered by gales of strange gases where the organic life is vanishing.

Isn't this actually the reality of Planet Earth and what if he was actually following that?

Unfortunately it seems that the answer to your question is yes.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
BasariStudios
KVRian

1302 posts since 25 Sep, 2011, from New York

Postby BasariStudios; Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:50 am Re: Jean michel Jarre VST

BlackWinny wrote:Unfortunately it seems that the answer to your question is yes.

It is a sad reality. Cold, frozen, no movement, no life...
http://www.basaristudios.com
Cubase 8.5 Pro. Windows 7 X64. ASUS SaberTooth X99. Intel I7 5820K. ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC 2GB. 4x8 GB G.SKILL. 2 850 PRO 256GB.
Prime Total. Acustica: Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 2, Amethyst, Murano, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy.
egbert101
KVRian

Postby egbert101; Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:46 pm Re: Jean michel Jarre VST

First track is growing on me, but the others are meh.
sfd
KVRian

977 posts since 14 Jul, 2013

Postby sfd; Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:38 am Re: Jean michel Jarre VST

From Wikipedia. Pay attention to the plug.-ins he used.
Also - There's neither an ELKA Synthix nor a Synthix emulation listed. So the questions is: what did he use for the "laser harp" sounding sound on this album? :-)

"Instruments played by Jean-Michel Jarre [on Oxygene 3]: Eminent 310, AKS, VCS 3, Small Stone, Electric Mistress, ARP 2600, ARP 2500, Moog Sub 37, OB6, Mellotron D4000, Korg Polyphonic Ensemble, Mini Pops, Metasonic, Digisequencer, TR8, Animoog, OP1, OP12, OP 24, Ochord, Analog Keys, Virus, Dune, Nordlead 1, Monark, RBlocks, Spire, Serum, Cognosphere, Taurus1, Micro Monsta, Philicorda. Recorded and mixed on Ableton Live and Macbook Pro."
You can listen to my music HERE.
Mutant
KVRAF

3260 posts since 9 Oct, 2004, from Poland

Postby Mutant; Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:46 am Re: Jean michel Jarre VST

sfd wrote:From Wikipedia. Pay attention to the plug.-ins he used.
Also - There's neither an ELKA Synthix nor a Synthix emulation listed. So the questions is: what did he use for the "laser harp" sounding sound on this album? :-)

"Instruments played by Jean-Michel Jarre [on Oxygene 3]: Eminent 310, AKS, VCS 3, Small Stone, Electric Mistress, ARP 2600, ARP 2500, Moog Sub 37, OB6, Mellotron D4000, Korg Polyphonic Ensemble, Mini Pops, Metasonic, Digisequencer, TR8, Animoog, OP1, OP12, OP 24, Ochord, Analog Keys, Virus, Dune, Nordlead 1, Monark, RBlocks, Spire, Serum, Cognosphere, Taurus1, Micro Monsta, Philicorda. Recorded and mixed on Ableton Live and Macbook Pro."

Many different synths can do that sound, from that list at least few.
Here is my old attempt with Xhip on the left channel:
https://app.box.com/s/kvbk8aaout7qngqo1u134q3b6zah6opj
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
AnX
KVRAF

2175 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:31 am Re: Jean michel Jarre VST

Also - There's neither an ELKA Synthix nor a Synthix emulation listed.

Germany 1 France 0

:hihi:
fmr
KVRAF

6438 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:57 am Re: Jean michel Jarre VST

Mutant wrote:

Many different synths can do that sound, from that list at least few.

Really convincing... Congrats :tu:

Would you mind to share that patch?
Fernando (FMR)
egbert101
KVRian

Postby egbert101; Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:07 am Re: Jean michel Jarre VST

Mutant
KVRAF

Postby Mutant; Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:09 am Re: Jean michel Jarre VST

fmr wrote:
Mutant wrote:Many different synths can do that sound, from that list at least few.

Really convincing... Congrats :tu:

Would you mind to share that patch?

Sure.
While i am looking through my projects to find the exact patch i used to make the clip above, here is a patch i posted 5 days earlier:
https://app.box.com/s/ir21m3xvm41i97ug4aofu2vzhgmuab4r
You will have to set unison to 8 and detune the unison a bit.

[edit]
Found the project.
The patch also needs some heavy boost on low frequencies and a low cut at about 15Khz.
Plus TAL Chorus LX and VOS epicVerb and Nick Crow Tube Driver.
https://app.box.com/s/k6bfkqs7sfxa93lfprocsjdwtlqwxbyf

[edit2]
Hmm looks like it doesnt really need the chorus (the unison does the job instead), it was there just for experimentation i think.
Last edited by Mutant on Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
Lotuzia
KVRAF

9380 posts since 19 Feb, 2004, from Paris

Postby Lotuzia; Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:27 am Re: Jean michel Jarre VST

Xils-Lab MiniSyn'X /Real Synthex A/B Comparison for the JMJ Laser Harp sound (you dont even need the Syn'X to make it, the super affordable MiniSyn'X is enough)

Example 1

Exemple 2

There are several Laser Harp presets in the MiniSyn'X btw, hence the two examples

And finally another example of Synthex Preset 1-3 setup comparison : The preset 1-3 has been decomposed and recreated from scratch : First the oscillator 2, then oscillator 1 with PWM, then oscillator 2 with Hard synchronization, then oscillator 1 with the PWM + hard synchronization, finally adding the glide and chorus

Synthex preset 1-3 comparison

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there
Mutant
KVRAF

Postby Mutant; Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:47 am Re: Jean michel Jarre VST

Since i don't have a real Synthex on hand, i couldn't match the raw sound, so i decided to match the fully produced sound from JMJ Third Rendez Vous.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments