Finally: Venom VB-303 v1.00

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1+ great work antto! :)
don't forget about my add on which may help some people to hold down those buttons!
(fell fee to add it to your page antto,or anyone else)
spacedad wrote: a midi only plugin to help those without a midi keyboard.
connect it's midi out to VB-303's midi in then you can do button combos.
VB-303-control

This thing sure sounds amazing!

So, I've been repeating the part of the video where Antto enables MidiPlay several times now. I don't get it. On the screen you see the number 4363 and then it seems like he's inputting the number 5636 which "unlocks" direct sequencer control. I can't make it accept the numbers I input, so I never get to the "okay" message.

What's the system here? Cany anyone shed some light on this, please?

PS: I know I'm supposed to use the 303's own sequencer, but I'm using a tracker which already gives me a very 303'ish control, and I'd prefer that instead. Call me lazy.

Ahhhhhhhh found it! I'm repeating this so that people (and search engines) can find this info more easily.
antto wrote:MidiPlay mode is locked on purpose
it prints 4 numbers, you have to enter those numbers but subtracted from 9
if it prints 1428 you enter 8571, it should then print "okay" and it's unlocked
if you fail to do it from the first time - switch to another mode, then back to MidiPlay and retry

once unlocked - use the "Trigger" channel to play notes

this is not a bug, it's on purpose, i encourage you to use the internal sequencer instead
Frankly, this seems a bit like some sort of shareware nag screen, but I don't suppose there's a way to pay for it, and get free access to the MidiPlay mode? Seriously, I would really pay for that!

JoaCHIP wrote:This thing sure sounds amazing!

So, I've been repeating the part of the video where Antto enables MidiPlay several times now. I don't get it. On the screen you see the number 4363 and then it seems like he's inputting the number 5636 which "unlocks" direct sequencer control. I can't make it accept the numbers I input, so I never get to the "okay" message.

What's the system here? Cany anyone shed some light on this, please?

PS: I know I'm supposed to use the 303's own sequencer, but I'm using a tracker which already gives me a very 303'ish control, and I'd prefer that instead. Call me lazy.
9999-4363 == 5636?
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

JoaCHIP wrote: PS: I know I'm supposed to use the 303's own sequencer, but I'm using a tracker which already gives me a very 303'ish control, and I'd prefer that instead. Call me lazy.
I'm also using trackers mostly, and most of all Jeskola Buzz. For some reason you can use vb303 just like a regular synth in Buzz, without that midi-play thing.

In fact I was just testing the new Pattern XP mod with venom and mars filter. Sounds lovely.

OT: Didn't know you were lurking here Joa. Thanks for all the awesome Buzz machines :)

spacedad: added link to 1st post

JoaCHIP: subtract each digit from 9..
0123 becomes 9876
even when you enter the correct code - sometimes (quite often) it doesn't accept it and remains locked <- that's really a bug, i'm aware of it, didn't intended it
however, as i've said already, i won't waste any more time on that plugin, so don't expect bug fixes, sorry

i'm working on new things tho, one of which has code name vb404
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

CymaticCreation wrote:I'm also using trackers mostly, and most of all Jeskola Buzz. For some reason you can use vb303 just like a regular synth in Buzz, without that midi-play thing.
Wow. How do you do that? I'm using Buzz too, of course. (Glad you like Mars btw!) The VB303 also sounds cool when sent through this thing, I just found out.
antto wrote:i won't waste any more time on that plugin
Just wanted to say that, you shouldn't feel that you "wasted" time on this at all. It sounds amazing! :tu:

Just go into Pitch Mode, so that you can play the individual notes when pressing the keys on the gui.
Sometimes it's difficult as it seems on my system. Turning the Mode knob on Play (pattern) and then selecting the Pitch Mode seem to do it. From there on everything works as usual.
Enter the pattern editor and start creating acid hex :D

antto wrote:spacedad: added link to 1st post
cheers antto,glad it was useful!

Can I just say thanks for this amazing FREE vsti? I am running it in linux under wine (under vst-bridge and/or airwave), and although it is a little unstable there (as expected), the sounds are amazing!

I am using the internal sequencer with no problems at all - works fantastic in Renoise. No need for midiplay!

Hey antto, hope you're well man.

Does this wonderful creation do either:
a) live MIDI out so I can sequence another plugin; or
b) export MIDI patterns

Thx 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I love this. It has all the quirks of the original 303 and more besides, takes me right back in time. Great work, shame there will be no updated version though.
t/y
Patrick.

Mushy Mushy wrote:Hey antto, hope you're well man.

b) export MIDI patterns

Thx 8)
neither of the two
and even if i added midi-out implementation back then, it was going to be non-ideal, since i recently went into the details of how TB-303 patterns can be translated from and to MIDI without breaking, which turns out to be tricky
vb303 v1.00 has midi-in only (locked, as you know) and it was made to work with the stock x0xb0x midi-out implementation, which is what i now call "classic-naive" ... in other words, 303 patterns don't properly translate

my latest version of n0nx0x2 uses the "Modified-MVA" approach for both midi-in and midi-out and 303 patterns translate properly
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

antto wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Hey antto, hope you're well man.

b) export MIDI patterns

Thx 8)
neither of the two
and even if i added midi-out implementation back then, it was going to be non-ideal, since i recently went into the details of how TB-303 patterns can be translated from and to MIDI without breaking, which turns out to be tricky
vb303 v1.00 has midi-in only (locked, as you know) and it was made to work with the stock x0xb0x midi-out implementation, which is what i now call "classic-naive" ... in other words, 303 patterns don't properly translate

my latest version of n0nx0x2 uses the "Modified-MVA" approach for both midi-in and midi-out and 303 patterns translate properly
NP man, I thought it would be a stretch.

Still an amazing piece of work :tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Hey did anyone have an issue with the sound being panned hard right?

I checked my host and mixer, everthing is centered but this is panned hard right

sounds awesome though!

Return to “Instruments”