Finally: Venom VB-303 v1.00

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok,

they put the link to your website inside the mag.

But I was little surprised to see it inside the dvd too, but it is not first time they provide a lot of freeware stuff on their dvd.

I directly check if it was v1.01 :D but it was V1 :p

antto wrote:don't be sorry
it's just not nice of whoever is doing this to not even contact me first
Not nice?
Not legal!
Points 4 and 5 of your licence agreement / readme explicitly says they can't do that.

antto wrote: more and more i'm starting to regret i released it
seems there are like 5 or 10 people on this planet who actually understand why i did it this way
and for those people - it was worth it
but they get burried in negative comments quite easily
I was afraid the constant whining of negative comments would cause the creator regret. I admire Antto's admittedly rather eccentric take on keeping things authentic. 303's are rather like some artists I admire. Their limitations are a large part of what makes them great.

bftucker wrote:
antto wrote: more and more i'm starting to regret i released it
seems there are like 5 or 10 people on this planet who actually understand why i did it this way
and for those people - it was worth it
but they get burried in negative comments quite easily
I was afraid the constant whining of negative comments would cause the creator regret. I admire Antto's admittedly rather eccentric take on keeping things authentic. 303's are rather like some artists I admire. Their limitations are a large part of what makes them great.
I guess that's why Ceephax Acid Crew sounds so damn good 8)

However, the other side of it is that many of us have jobs or run businesses and we don't have much time left of the day to make music, and so I guess the fewer limitations and restrictions the better! Honestly though, I don't know what the fuss is about with the VB-303 sequencer, because once you get over having to unlock it the MIDI mode works fine (well 95% fine anyway).

Heck I have Waves plugs that cost me hundreds that don't work 100% properly in my DAW. So there's that.

they used it as void-filling for their CD, who cares about the creator ;]
i will not sue them, of course.. all i can say is that it's not nice of them, not nice at all
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

antto wrote:they used it as void-filling for their CD, who cares about the creator ;]
i will not sue them, of course.. all i can say is that it's not nice of them, not nice at all
Well, I for one won't be 'liking' them - on FaceBook or anyplace else - anytime soon. Whatever 'commercial' freebies they offer.
A MUSIC magazine not respecting IPR?
Deeply outraged.

antto wrote:they used it as void-filling for their CD, who cares about the creator ;]
Agreed. It's a total lack of respect towards the developer. Not cool at all.

Hello,

a KVR user was kind enough to draw our attention to this thread.

We always check the licensing agreements on the developer websites before including free software on our mag DVD, but unfortunately we have overlooked the agreement for Venom VB-303 in the text file. We feel very sorry for this faux-pas and would like to offer Anton a compensation. I'll contact him directly in this regard. As we really like his software, we'd be happy to promote it in form of reviews in our shareware section as well. ;-)

BTW, we actually care a lot about free plug-ins and their creators - that's one of the reasons why Beat is one of the few mags that still has a freeware section including workshops. ;-)

Have a nice weekend!

beatmagazin: hello
indeed there is no sign of any license mentioned on my website, that's my fault
however, i think it's fair that you at least drop a letter to the author just to let him know that you'll include his plugin/software/whatever on your DVD, since once you burn them - there is no "undo"
i don't request any compensation

i also don't want further promotion or reviews of any kind.. this might sound weird
the people who knew about this plugin have waited during the developement, so they are now already aware of it
many of them didn't understand that the plugin has really drastically changed, now they are very dissapointed about it, it's unusable
so i can imagine if even more people check the plugin - they will only be dissapointed because it's very hard to use (more like, requires a great amount of effort from the user)

so please don't draw any more attention towards the plugin, i will only get more famous in a negative way

thanks

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Hi Antto,
thanks for your quick answer!
antto wrote: however, i think it's fair that you at least drop a letter to the author just to let him know that you'll include his plugin/software/whatever on your DVD, since once you burn them - there is no "undo"
I absolutely agree with you. We'll be more cautious in the future. ;)

We can understand that you don't want additional promotion for Venom VB-303. If you change your mind or if you'd like to promote another plug-in, just drop us a mail and we'll help you spread the word. ;)

i'm going to suggest beatmagazin do a whipround to buy
antto an mc202 to go with his x0x. i'm sure that would
make him feel a whole lot better about the matter.
(or is there aything else you'd like, antto?)
:lol:

:hihi:

oh yeah, and antto:
don't get disheartened because of the people who don't
understand that you've set out to make an instrument
that 'plays' in a similar way to the original. it seems
that that one too has traditionally been misunderstood
and flogged on by people who couldn't be arsed to program
it, so you're obviously doing something right.

the convenience of sticking notes on a pianoroll is a greater
limitation to creativity than the 'rules' you are presenting
with this plugin. nearly all plugins are straight 'MIDI IN' jobs,
and it is time this evolved a bit.

i do think there is scope for some touches here and there - like a
flip page showing the keymapping for the commands, and more use of
the menu LCD to show where you're at and access features, perhaps.
i haven't spent ages getting into it and programming my own patterns,
i admit, due to lack of time. things are still confusing but that is
a case of RTFM.

--edit--

anyway, this thing is already definitely producing very
authentic little b-lines here that have nothing to do
with the 'cognitive' stuff one would tend to input in a
pianoroll.
Last edited by mztk on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

mc202? i don't see anything exciting in that thing :shrug:
i don't feel "bad" .. it was just an unexpected surprise.. don't worry

sure i intended to use the LCD for displaying lots of more information about the current mode, that's why i keep saying that the sequencer needs more work
if you stick to the default keymapping - you can use the little illustration i made (somewhere burried in this thread) but basically most keys are mapped 1:1

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Return to “Instruments”