E-mu Emulator X3 sounds fantastic!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Emulator X

Hy

Anybody using this beats? Recently got it used of the net and this thing sounds phat, filters are just sharp and juicy. Unfortunately it is discontinued so no real support anymore...

Cheers
Last edited by Buka on Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.

It s not worth...just concentrate on the strong side of emux3 his sampling /filters/ modulations...

The virtual Emu's sound really good, but to be honest, they never really got this one right as they did with the hardware. They could have done things so much better with the gui, etc. It feels like a half hearted effort at best... which is probably why they are no longer around.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Old but dam good.

It has its own grainy texture unlike anything else itb imo. Really sounds or gives you the impression that you have accessed a real rompler.

If anyone is interested in selling this used - im interested !

Edit ; wait a sec, how did you get it authorized ? Can you still do it via the Emu website ?

FeelingMachine wrote:Old but dam good.

It has its own grainy texture unlike anything else itb imo. Really sounds or gives you the impression that you have accessed a real rompler.

Edit ; wait a sec, how did you get it authorized ? Can you still do it via the Emu website ?
I don't believe you can authorize it any more. So in my case, once my hard drive dies I will be SOL. Everything has an ending. Oh well.

Luckily I still have my hardware...

Sequent wrote:
FeelingMachine wrote:Old but dam good.

I don't believe you can authorize it any more. So in my case, once my hard drive dies I will be SOL. Everything has an ending. Oh well.

Luckily I still have my hardware...
Dam, they should give it away for free now ;)

I think you can authorize it. You need to contact Creative and an EMU support person will help out, which is what happened in my case a few months ago.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

This, by the way, is why I think I prefer a dongle over challenge/response. But I guess as long as Creative is around it's good to know that there is still that option.

I authorized it about a month ago, so good chance its still working now. I authorized it on my Windows 8 system, knowing I should do it as soon as possible, as one day it will not able to authorize.

It does sound fantastic IMO, and yes the GUI is horrible. It seems to work with less quirks on my Windows 8 setup than it did on my Windows 7 setup.

projectdan wrote:I authorized it about a month ago, so good chance its still working now. I authorized it on my Windows 8 system, knowing I should do it as soon as possible, as one day it will not able to authorize.

It does sound fantastic IMO, and yes the GUI is horrible. It seems to work with less quirks on my Windows 8 setup than it did on my Windows 7 setup.
Very good info, THANKS!

himalaya wrote:I think you can authorize it. You need to contact Creative and an EMU support person will help out, which is what happened in my case a few months ago.
Wow.. It's that bad already? I can't recall when i authorized my version, but it sure wasn't too long ago. I better not mess with my setup anymore. Don't wan't to loose the authorizations :?
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

anybody has this Xperience bank to share with me? this is why i started this topic :)

cheers mates

xperience also came with ProteusX bundles, you should buy up
one of those on the cheap, ebay, craigslist, ask in the
marketplace with WTB

the 0404 pci card is sweet.
Cheers

Great sampler, just like the hardware E-MUs before it. You can still authorize it (without having to contact Creative directly), I did so a few weeks ago.

:wink: yes, again one year later - I've installed it so many times - now on Windows 8.1. It only requires the key from your purchase - no online check. Also the same for the E-Mu Modern Symphonic Orchestra which has rule based articulation alternations implemented already in 2008 (!). Features that we hear as big innovations from IK Multimedia for Sample Tank 3 at NAMM in Jan 2014 (round robin articulations, let's see how it will compare with E-MU X3 from 2008 8) ) . Furthermore there was no other sampler around with such a straight forward support for MIDI bank - program changes support like we are used to have with Hardware devices. The only one I know these days is the Independence Sampler (former Yellow Tools now MAGIX) which supports full MIDI bank - program changes (128 prog and up to 16383 banks ) out-of-the-box.

However, - so, E-Mu X3 is still a good choice. If you want to be save for the next 20 years, install it on a virtual machine (Virtualbox ) drive it from you hosting system through virrtual Ip-Midi ports with your newer sequencer software on your hosting system. .. performance will be fine, as Hardware becomes faster and faster and this software was written for much lower system requirements :)
Cheers, Thomas

Return to “Instruments”