E-mu Emulator X3 sounds fantastic!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Emulator X

In Program Files/Creative Professional/Emulator X/ going further just finds a documents folder with is the advanced apps guide, the manual and an installation read me file
In the x86 folder, there's no Emulator X folder at all, don't remember there being an option to not install a 32 bit version

shonky wrote:In Program Files/Creative Professional/Emulator X/ going further just finds a documents folder with is the advanced apps guide, the manual and an installation read me file
In the x86 folder, there's no Emulator X folder at all, don't remember there being an option to not install a 32 bit version
You have a load of essential files missing.

Did you try installing as Admin?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Think I'll try a clean install under admin and get back to you.

Right have done the above, Emulator X3 will not open at all in standalone, when I try and open it in Live, I get a "license is not available, authorise in standalone mode first" message.

Right, found the problem - went to the setup file on disc, ran as administrator and it installed the 32 bit version fine but neither the 64 bit standalone or vst would work. Went back and installed just the 64 bit version under admin and now it seems to work fine, excepting that whenever I try and type in a sample name it repeats each keystroke four times so when I type "u" I get "uuuu".
Whatever, at least it's working even if the text part is going to be a bit odd.

RooiValk wrote:...I have quite a few banks of "analog" sounds on my HDD that I can't do anything with, and since I'm no longer in the business of selling them, I figured I would make them available somewhere.
Are they available yet?

Any update on this?

:?: :?:

I haven't had a chance to get them uploaded.

I had tested them a few weeks ago to make sure that nothing was lost, since they were originally banks for SF2 soundcards, EOS (E-My E4), and one that was native to Emulator 1.

I have to say I don't recall them sounding exactly as they do now - volumes all over the place, and the sound seems thin. But there again they are pretty old at this point so it could be memory ... Mine that is. . I'll get them uploaded somewhere in the coming weeks. Maybe somebody can correct the inconsistencies in the banks but they seem to play ok in E3x.

:tu:

I was running through all the presets in my banks and they definitely do not sound the same as the original Emulator X. I purposefully did not use FX back then so that people could layer their own FX, and the presets still sounded bright. Now in Emulator X3 they almost *need* FX. Additionally, in X3 if a filter is selected and not used in a preset (ie. resonance is 0% and filter is 100% open), it does not sound the same as when no filter is selected. It is muffled like the filter is closed somewhat - sounds dull and lifeless. I am certain this was not an issue in Emulator X - if the res was 0 and the filter 100% open, the preset sounded the same no matter what filter was chosen, including no filter.

Its not a huge deal but trolling through around 700 patches to find out which ones need the filter turned off, doesn't seem like much fun.

I forgot to mention that although both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions work, there are no FX available in the dropdown on the 64-bit version. Any idea why? I'm wondering if you can only install one or the other, because the link to the FX is in the registry.

RooiValk wrote:I forgot to mention that although both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions work, there are no FX available in the dropdown on the 64-bit version. Any idea why? I'm wondering if you can only install one or the other, because the link to the FX is in the registry.
For the fx to work it needs a simple registry fix. When I'm back at the computer I'll try to remember what had to be done.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
RooiValk wrote:I forgot to mention that although both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions work, there are no FX available in the dropdown on the 64-bit version. Any idea why? I'm wondering if you can only install one or the other, because the link to the FX is in the registry.
For the fx to work it needs a simple registry fix. When I'm back at the computer I'll try to remember what had to be done.
The Registry fix should have come with your installation. If you don't have it, I do, and I can send it to you. All you do is run it and it makes the change to the Registry for you. After that, Emulator X works like a charm!

If you want to edit the Registry yourself, create this key if it's not there, and edit it to have these settings if it is:

Create/edit this key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Professional\E-MU FX\x64]

Create/edit this value for the above key: "Path"="C:\Program Files\Creative Professional\E-MU X FX\"

If you want the 1K file that you can just double-click on (to avoid running the risk of screwing up your Registry), I can post that.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

I did not get the 1K file but I had applied this fix already. The problem is that it corrected the issue with the 32-bit version, but not the 64-bit version.

I see the FX .DLLs in both of the following folders (even though I specifically requested the install on my F-drive), and the registry entry is set to the x86 folder.

C:\Program Files\Creative Professional\E-MU X FX\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative Professional\E-MU X FX\

RooiValk wrote:I did not get the 1K file but I had applied this fix already. The problem is that it corrected the issue with the 32-bit version, but not the 64-bit version.

I see the FX .DLLs in both of the following folders (even though I specifically requested the install on my F-drive), and the registry entry is set to the x86 folder.

C:\Program Files\Creative Professional\E-MU X FX\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative Professional\E-MU X FX\
You may want to apply it again. I only use the 64-bit version, and that fix worked for me. Then again, it could be that it won't work properly if you have both versions installed. I don't know, since I only have the 64-bit version installed.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Finally got around to uploading the banks and making them available for free.

They are in the Emulator X section here: http://analoguesque.x10host.com/

Hope you guys enjoy them - they were done with Emulator X and originally had zero FX. I tried to add a some but it was a bit of a rush job and the EmuX FX are not that great. I'm sure you'll find some stuff you can use though.

Let me know how you use them.

Return to “Instruments”