Poor old FXPansion Geist and Tremor.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You have to ask.

Why is everyone selling Geist and Tremor?

I have both said plugins, back in the day, Guru was the S*** and everyone wanted it, then Geist came along.

But what happend?

Is their a Guru of Geist who can shed light on these poor drum machines and or some skill in using it, what are we missing.

I still think the automatic loop sliceing across the pads is very good, when you want to trial ideas.

What say you..

:ud: :hail:

I don't see any major problems in Geist.
Tremor uses quite a bit CPU.

Well sometimes people buy things because of the possibilities, then in a while they realize they are really not using 90% of it's features, so it's better to sell it and use a free sampler or something

Just conjecture but It probably accounts for some of it. Similar with Tremor, programming raw drums is one thing, then you have to process and layer and so on, it's easier and often better sounding to use samples.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

I've had GURU, Geist, and just got Tremor. Love 'em all.

Especially love Tremor, except I wish there was a way to export MIDI patterns.

Don't know why they're all for sale.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

More owners, more re-sales?

Geist is amazing, the only thing I would probably want differently is a daw style modulation system in place vs the stepped system it has.

Also my theory to people selling their copies is that the systems are too complex for their needs. Or they get drawn into other systems that might appear to be "better" and "easier"

Im not going to ever sell my Fxpansion stuff. I've thought about it many times in the past, but now I consider them treasures in the plugin world.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Fri May 09, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:borg:

ariston wrote:More owners, more re-sales?
Exactly. The amount of sales here does not tell anything about the actual total amount of users.

For me both D16 Drumazon and FXpansion Geist (upgraded from Guru) are my main sources for Drums at the moment (others are e.g. Battery 3 and the Drum sounds included with Ableton Live 9 Suite but those are used much less).

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed May 01, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

How many are selling btw? :p
:hug:

Proxima4 wrote:But what happend?
Geist lacks a dedicated hardware controller.

Costing $250, would I rather add some cash to get either Maschine or Ableton Push instead? Yes I think I would...

Numanoid wrote:
It lacks a dedicated hardware controller.

Costing $250, would I rather add some cash to get either Maschine or Ableton Push instead? Yes I think I would...
Maschine is 579 Euros (around 750$) here in Germany so there is a "small" difference in price. If you would have upgraded from Guru like me the differnce is even bigger.

ableton Push is 499 Euros (around 650$) and you also need a software to use it which makes it even more expensive. AFAIK Push will not run without Ableton Live 9.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

They've had a couple of those big sales where they sell their major products for $99 so people are probably dumping impulse buys.

I bought Geist and Tremor last December and I'm hanging onto both. Geist has mappings for Maschine and other controllers and it's totes inspiring. Tremor is unique, there's nothing else like it in sound and workflow. Every time I devote a few minutes of attention to working in either I come up with great beats.

Ingonator wrote:Maschine is 579 Euros (around 750$) here in Germany so there is a "small" difference in price. If you would have upgraded from Guru like me the differnce is even bigger.

ableton Push is 499 Euros (around 650$) and you also need a software to use it which makes it even more expensive. AFAIK Push will not run without Ableton Live 9.
There was suggestion that Akai MPD32 was one of the better controllers to work with Geist: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5018549

List price of that is $499 so with Geist that would cost close to $750, which is in Maschine ballpark number wise...

Can probably get better deals shopping around a bit though for the MPD32 as it is getting long in the tooth.

If the Fxpansion gurus are watching this thread, I want them to add Midi out for both Tremor and Geist. If i could choose between just one it would be tremor.

*Updated Opinion*

I actually think it would be Geist if i could choose just one.. :oops:
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Numanoid wrote:
Geist lacks a dedicated hardware controller.

I picked up Geist for £75, i think it goes on sale a lot so you're not paying anything approaching maschine. I mainly bought it for the samples to add on to maschine but i use it in maschine for loops and rex files and built in fx, i don't think there's a better way to audition loops outside of recycle and certainly nothing that will load in maschine afaik and with the template the integration is pretty tight! :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

V0RT3X wrote:If the Fxpansion gurus are watching this thread, I want them to add Midi out for both Tremor and Geist. If i could choose between just one it would be tremor.
Geist has midi out. :wink:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Return to “Instruments”