Poor old FXPansion Geist and Tremor.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let me guess Codec_spurt, the spring is causing brain to run twice as fast..? :) Happening here too! Sometimes hard to even think without rhyming :lol:
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:Let me guess Codec_spurt, the spring is causing brain to run twice as fast..? :) Happening here too! Sometimes hard to even think without rhyming :lol:

Well you got that right.

Hoping you can make it down to our little get-together in Berlin next month. I'd be pretty disappointed if you couldn't make it.

PM me for details yah?

FXpansion got my money. No other company will I buy from. They are the no.1 in the Drum market. Do what you want to do. All my expansions for beat boxes. I got them. For Geist and Guru. You won't believe the uses I have put the 'City of Drums and Beats' to lately. Guru and Geist Expander. Drum and Bass, Hip Hop. Pop.

;-)

This thread got me interested in Geist for the first time.

What an awesome product, can't believed I missed out on the $99 deal and I certainly don't see the MP flooded with people selling cheap copies, more's the pity.

So I guess it's true after all about all publicity being good publicity.

Proxima4 wrote:You have to ask.

Why is everyone selling Geist and Tremor?

I have both said plugins, back in the day, Guru was the S*** and everyone wanted it, then Geist came along.

But what happend?

Is their a Guru of Geist who can shed light on these poor drum machines and or some skill in using it, what are we missing.

I still think the automatic loop sliceing across the pads is very good, when you want to trial ideas.

What say you..

:ud: :hail:
Dont know about Tremor. As a former MPC-user I LOVE Geist! Like anything, it could use some upgrades. I hope there's one coming soon btw. But, yeah, Geist is on an island by itself IMO

Just installed Geist on a surface pro :-o

Could support some adjustments for tablets, like using the browser to get bigger buttons for some tools, but globally this is it.

Tremor works too, the pattern editor could be a bit higher.
But even with the stylus it's better than using a mouse.

samsam wrote:This thread got me interested in Geist for the first time.

What an awesome product, can't believed I missed out on the $99 deal and I certainly don't see the MP flooded with people selling cheap copies, more's the pity.

So I guess it's true after all about all publicity being good publicity.
Someone is selling Geist + All expansions pack ONLY for 150$ atm in the market place, if I was you I would run to the MP right now ! :D (Yesterday he was still selling it, didn't checked today yet)

^ Hi, yes I saw that add - if it's the one I'm thinking of it's not $150, it's 150 euros plus transfer fee, which is another $50.

I'm cool anyway, got Geist for a good price in the MP and am already loving it. No idea how good Tremor might be but Geist is now firmly in my top 3 instruments.
Last edited by samsam on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I guess I'll hang onto my copy of Geist, even though it is 100x more firepower than I need. I still greatly prefer RMX for loops. I do like it better than Battery for building up kits, tho.

codec_spurt wrote: Hoping you can make it down to our little get-together in Berlin next month. I'd be pretty disappointed if you couldn't make it.
Hope you have a great time around here. ;)

Ho my bad for inaccurate information :)

Loved both Geist and Tremor demos. That combo is on sale at jrrshop for anyone interested.

When was Geist and Tremor released and when can we expect a major upgrade for both? I'm still not technically competent enough to use these to their full potential so I might just spend another year or so learning my free plugins first.
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

Giest and Tremor are very good. I just know for me they don't fit my workflow as well as I want them to. I am working 100% in machine now and since getting Maschine Tremor has not been opened and I have so many drum samples from battery 3 battery 4 and Maschine expansions that Giest often gets over looked.

TheoM wrote:My goodness Sam, not quite my type of sounds, but just that small demo shows how much BETTER the actual *QUALITY* of the sound is from those.. wow.. what a difference. I knew i wasn't mad!
We're all mad here.

FWIW, I like some but not all sounds people have posted from both Tremor and Drumspillage. :shrug:

Anyone want to compare to MicroTonic? :D Or the Maschine 2.0 drumsynths? (Actually I don't find myself terribly inspired by most of those.)

I kind of wish the Korg Wavedrum drumsynths were available in software form with a decent interface. Some of those are tasty. I'll have to sample them someday.

I'm the same but Geist has got a great library, if i want a top loop then there's no better way to browse and audition rex loops, that is something FX got right i just wish the gui was resizeable...
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

The step sequencing/sample player plug ins market is quite saturated, and then if you use Live Drum racks are so good it is difficult to consider other option.
dedication to flying

Return to “Instruments”