Cycle: spectral granular synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cycle

One of the very few synths that are/sound impressive even in demo mode - great demo policy btw - but the GUI is downright intimidating :) The sounds are really cool and pack a lot of power - especially the guitar emulations :)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

And it's just received an update to version 1.1 (still Windows only at present).

:)

EDIT: Just be aware, before updating Cycle save any presets you've made to a safe location. It would seem the new installer wipes out any previous self made presets.

I'm off to log this in the Cycle forum now.

EDIT AGAIN:
After logging the presets problem over Amaranth Audio forum (Dev's forum), Daven (the Dev) has replied back.
Basically when you install an update the current presets get written to a dated folder existing alongside the current presets folder.
So, in my case, I have a "Presets" folder where the current presets are held and I also have a "Presets 2013-12-8" folder containing my presets just before I updated.
8)

Link to the Amaranth Audio forum post about the update:

http://amaranthaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=46
Last edited by Dunc on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Warning!

Used provided uninstaller, lost entire VST FOLDER.

Hyperspace Drifter wrote:Warning!

Zounds.

Hmm...strange. I've recently installed the demo maybe 5 times within the same day while going back and forth about keeping it installed and it only deleted its own files - although I must admit it has a weird manner of spreading its files all over the place.
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Bump for Mac version news...

pdxindy wrote:Bump for Mac version news...
Bumpity bump :party:

A virus in guise of a great softsynth? Now there's a cool new idea!! :hihi:
That or the dev is pathologically jealous (as in "Not keeping my synth on your HD? I don't see why you should keep any other then!!") :hihi:

installation gives an error .0xc0000142.
ON win 7 , quad core ...
Damn
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

at Daven: Now that the Mac beta is out and (hopefully) the official release of Mac Cycle is drawing closer – is the plan still to have an initial discounted price for the Mac version?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Oh my, I'm really sorry. I can see this can happen if you tell the installer to put the standalone in your VST dir, it thinks the install dir is in its own dedicated program files folder, and the uninstaller will delete it whole.

So - everyone please don't tell the installer to put the main app anywhere but its own folder... usually it defaults to Program Files(x86)/Amaranth Audio/Cycle. I'll prevent this in the future of course.

PM me if you lost anything permanently we can talk about compensation.

Spitfire31 wrote:at Daven: Now that the Mac beta is out and (hopefully) the official release of Mac Cycle is drawing closer – is the plan still to have an initial discounted price for the Mac version?

/Joachim
It's the free updates offer same as it was with the PC.

Deist wrote:

A virus in guise of a great softsynth? Now there's a cool new idea!! :hihi:
No. Not a virus: https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/82f8 ... 421212241/

I actually checked it out today (if there is a virus into), because Cycle also behaves very strange on my system. By the way, it doesn`t work at all and causes one crash after another, but I don`t mind much because it was for free on the Beat DVD #110.

This 3 minutes it works during the last 1,5 hour I had the chance to listen a couple of presets and the sound is damned good!!! The description of this Synthesizer is more than intresting and it is just a pity that it absolutely doesn`t work. Instead of a mouse cursor there is a cross and with this cross I simply can`t do anything. Nothing happens by using this cross. I only can shut down the program by using the task manager and by stopping the Cubase Process. I did this 10 times during the last 1,5 hours and that really sucks.

For a very short moment I actually had a mouse cursor and that was the moment I could listen a couple of presets. After I clicked on the "empty" preset (for to try some patches by myself) the program crashed again. I gave it up now, because there is no use. What a pity.

But maybe someone else have got more luck, my PC is not the best and so..........would be intresting to know if someone else have got the Beat DVD version and if it works on other PC`s.
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

Cycle: mac version (yosemite) works just fine with Logic Pro X and stand alone.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Damned :cry:

Thanks for your answer.
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

Return to “Instruments”