Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
rylo
KVRist

211 posts since 21 Feb, 2004

Postby rylo; Tue May 28, 2013 4:02 am

hey guys , i use the ME8O on most of my tracks . though ive never used a real cs80 and am unlikely to get the chance i would say this is as close to what i think i'll get to the sounds im after ( vangelis like ) . have a listen to these tracks which are full of ME80 sounds .

https://soundcloud.com/rylo-3/sets/vang ... yle-tracks
el-folie
KVRist

68 posts since 4 Sep, 2004

Postby el-folie; Tue May 28, 2013 5:51 am

Great tracks! You totally captured the atmosphere and tension of Blade Runner. Well done :love:
rylo
KVRist

211 posts since 21 Feb, 2004

Postby rylo; Tue May 28, 2013 9:19 am

thanks el-folie .glad you enjoyed . I also use the arturia cs80v but its the ME80 that captures the CS sound better IMO . Not to put the arturia down as it also sounds great and ive made quite a number of my own sounds on it . Im not an expert in synthesis and can only go on what my ears tell me and at the end of the day if they say yes that'll do for me . i dont think it matters what you use or how close an emulation is, as long as it is near to what its emulating. If a person is happy with the end result BINGO !! .

I love the ME80 and it does just what i want ;)
Brother Charles
KVRian

838 posts since 2 Jan, 2012, from Alberta, Canada

Postby Brother Charles; Tue May 28, 2013 11:33 am

rylo wrote:thanks el-folie .glad you enjoyed . I also use the arturia cs80v but its the ME80 that captures the CS sound better IMO . Not to put the arturia down as it also sounds great and ive made quite a number of my own sounds on it . Im not an expert in synthesis and can only go on what my ears tell me and at the end of the day if they say yes that'll do for me . i dont think it matters what you use or how close an emulation is, as long as it is near to what its emulating. If a person is happy with the end result BINGO !! .

I love the ME80 and it does just what i want ;)
+1
Thank you, rylo. That's just my point about ME80. It sounds very much like the original. It does a GREAT job at imitating the "aftertouch". It has a whole lot going for it. So although el-folie and EvilDragon brought out some great points, at present, I am firmly convinced that the ME80 is the BEST CS80 emulation. That being said, I don't doubt that if U-HE poured major effort into creating a CS80-modeled synth that it would be fantastic. Nevertheless, ME80 does come closest to the ME80, over any other VSTi available.

At least, that's the well-researched opinion over at Reviewer's Revival. *Grin.

Great sounds on those tracks. :) Wow! That's all ME80? You make it sound better than I do, "dat fo sho"!
Last edited by Brother Charles on Tue May 28, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
Brother Charles
KVRian

Postby Brother Charles; Tue May 28, 2013 11:45 am

Numanoid wrote:
Brother Charles wrote:Hi "Everbuddy",
'ullo Bruuddah :D

Good indepth review :tu:
Thanks much, Numanoid.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

10118 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue May 28, 2013 12:19 pm

I got it free as it is part of Mixcraft (even owned by the makers of Mixcraft afaik). I tried it a couple of times at the beginning, but it crashed too often for my taste. It feels very heavy somehow. I never open it anymore.

I don't know the original hardware (although I am sure I have heard it on many records without knowing it), so I can't compare. The sound is nice and interesting, but the sound quality as such only gets a C+ from me. Maybe it is even authentic that way, who knows. Still, I suppose it is definitely one of the best-sounding SynthEdit synths.

I like the ribbon controller, it probably is the same one as in Chris Kerry's own synths, which I think are superior, frankly, but also more complex. And they are rock-solid, never crashed so far.
Brother Charles
KVRian

Postby Brother Charles; Tue May 28, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi buddy. Do you mean that you received as part of the "bundled" instruments with the DAW?

No, Mixcraft do not own MemoryMoon. Gunnar Ekornas owns MemoryMoon.

It definitely sounds very, very much like a CS80.

I've been a Mixcraft user since quite some time; ME80 has never crashed on me. That's not too say that you haven't experienced crashes, but I'd be very interested to know what other contributing factors were in the scenario. That's like someone saying "XP" crashes on me all the time . . . well . .. there must be a reason for it. XP doesn't "just" crash. It's actually very stable. However, faulty hardware, RAM, failing CPU, cheap components, spyware/virus infection, poorly written drivers, and etcetera, could indeed lead to crashing.

Jus' sayin' . . .

fluffy_little_something wrote:I got it free as it is part of Mixcraft (even owned by the makers of Mixcraft afaik). I tried it a couple of times at the beginning, but it crashed too often for my taste. It feels very heavy somehow. I never open it anymore.

I don't know the original hardware (although I am sure I have heard it on many records without knowing it), so I can't compare. The sound is nice and interesting, but the sound quality as such only gets a C+ from me. Maybe it is even authentic that way, who knows. Still, I suppose it is definitely one of the best-sounding SynthEdit synths.

I like the ribbon controller, it probably is the same one as in Chris Kerry's own synths, which I think are superior, frankly, but also more complex. And they are rock-solid, never crashed so far.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue May 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Yes, all three Memorymoon instruments are bundled in the Pro version of Mixcraft.

I read somewhere that Acoustica bought Memorymoon.

Well, it crashed when I did wilder things on that synth, like using the ribbon a lot and fast, things like that :)
Brother Charles
KVRian

Postby Brother Charles; Tue May 28, 2013 12:43 pm

fluffy_little_something wrote:Yes, all three Memorymoon instruments are bundled in the Pro version of Mixcraft.

I read somewhere that Acoustica bought Memorymoon.

Well, it crashed when I did wilder things on that synth, like using the ribbon a lot and fast, things like that :)
Thanks for getting back to us. I'm going to give it a whirl and see what happens. I'll be honest, I haven't tried to do anything too "wild" with ME80. :lol:
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue May 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Yes, I guess I should have been gentler to it :D

I just turned it on, I had already forgotten how long it takes till a new patch is loaded :D
Brother Charles
KVRian

Postby Brother Charles; Tue May 28, 2013 2:48 pm

fluffy_little_something wrote:Yes, I guess I should have been gentler to it :D

I just turned it on, I had already forgotten how long it takes till a new patch is loaded :D
Have you an older computer?

Using the built-in presets manager it's as fast as any other soft-synth. Using Mixcraft's presets manager will result in slow patch changes.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue May 28, 2013 3:12 pm

My computer is one year old, 6 cores, so I don't think it has to do with that.

Yes, I tend to use MC's internal manager, the synth's included patch manager doesn't seem to go beyond previous and next patch. And now that I am leaving MC behind, I no longer have access to those synths anyway as they are tied to MC somehow.

But it sure can make some unusual sounds :) Unfortunately I don't need those sounds, they would be too strong and distinct for my music, I only use synths in the background so to speak, and to emulate real instruments that I don't have / can't play. I never liked synth music as such.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue May 28, 2013 3:26 pm

I just played around with all three, Messiah is probably the one I would like to have most in my new DAW...
Brother Charles
KVRian

Postby Brother Charles; Tue May 28, 2013 3:28 pm

No, no, buddy. As long as you own a valid MC license, you can use the VSTIs in another DAW or host. It's as simple as copy/paste. They're bundled with the DAW bu not strictly tied to it. Keep MC installed and you can legally use those synths all you want. :)

And yes, Messiah is a lovely synth too. So is the "MemoryMoon".

Nice sounding system . .. poor ol' Bro. Charles needs something more up-to-date like that too . . . *Grin.
fluffy_little_something wrote:My computer is one year old, 6 cores, so I don't think it has to do with that.

Yes, I tend to use MC's internal manager, the synth's included patch manager doesn't seem to go beyond previous and next patch. And now that I am leaving MC behind, I no longer have access to those synths anyway as they are tied to MC somehow.

But it sure can make some unusual sounds :) Unfortunately I don't need those sounds, they would be too strong and distinct for my music, I only use synths in the background so to speak, and to emulate real instruments that I don't have / can't play. I never liked synth music as such.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue May 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Hm, I found the dll's, but don't I need some sort of license file. Or are those full dll's that don't need an individual license? Could be, after all, MC owns Memorymoon, so maybe they don't need to give licenses for their own synths when the client already has a MC license...
I just copied the ME80 file into my regular vst folder and it works in my other DAW. But maybe it is the demo version, who knows...

I wonder if that would work for all the other plugins as well, like all those third-party effects included in MC :)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments