Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Brother Charles
KVRian

842 posts since 2 Jan, 2012, from Alberta, Canada

Postby Brother Charles; Tue May 28, 2013 8:19 pm

:roll:

Maybe you didn't read where I told you, NO, Mixcraft does NOT OWN MemoryMoon. Yes, they are full DLLs. Do you hear bleeps, noise or fade-outs?
No!
Why?
Because they are complete DLLs. Read, learn, comprehend. :dog: :hihi:
Yes, you can use any of the VSTi's except for Lounge Lizard Session in any other DAW. The same holds true for IZotope Mastering Essentials. Those two, in particular, will only run within Mixcraft itself. (Mixcraft Pro for IZotope)
fluffy_little_something wrote:Hm, I found the dll's, but don't I need some sort of license file. Or are those full dll's that don't need an individual license? Could be, after all, MC owns Memorymoon, so maybe they don't need to give licenses for their own synths when the client already has a MC license...
I just copied the ME80 file into my regular vst folder and it works in my other DAW. But maybe it is the demo version, who knows...

I wonder if that would work for all the other plugins as well, like all those third-party effects included in MC :)
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
rylo
KVRist

211 posts since 21 Feb, 2004

Postby rylo; Tue May 28, 2013 10:34 pm

hey brother charles . the majority of CS sounds do come from the ME80 yes with the VP330 on string duty . most of the sounds are presets with just a little tweaking on a few . Gunnare at memorymoon put up this list to show what was used on which track so people could hear just how close this thing is . definately the best emulation around at this time

http://www.memorymoon.com/shaunrylands.htm
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

9751 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed May 29, 2013 6:22 am

@Brother Charles

Well, just because you say something doesn't mean I believe it. Who are you, god? :D
I read otherwise last year, so I don't know who is right...

When I tried Messiah outside MC yesterday, I only had little time. There were no annoying sounds, noise etc. during that time, but I didn't know yet what demo means in the case of Memorymoon stuff. Just a little while ago I bought a synth bundle, whose demo versions are fully functional for three weeks, also without any noise. Other companies make their demo versions quit after half an hour or whatever period (didn't have that much time yesterday).
But I am reading on the Memorymoon website now that indeed they use audio dropouts in their demo versions. So obviously those dll's are indeed the final ones :)

I wonder if Messiah is considered inferior to the other two as it is bundled with the entry-level version of MC, while the other two are only part of the Pro version. Having tried all three, I would not really support that view.

Interestingly, in my other DAW there is no lag whatsoever when switching to another patch via the DAW's patch manager, seems that is a MC issue... Maybe the ME80 will also not crash in the other DAW anymore :D Would be cool, I will experiment with it later today.

Interesting that you mention Lounge Lizard Session, bought that separately just a week ago :D
Never tried IZotope stuff, just like most other effects in MC.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed May 29, 2013 10:04 am

PS: I just programmed an electric bass emulation, my first ME80 patch :D With more energetic playing one can even use it for funk :lol: But it also sounds OK for bass chords I think...
In case anyone uses that synth and needs a bass, here is the fxp:
https://www.box.com/s/4gp70lhpq54cwwlltflz

And the ME80 has not crashed once since I started playing around with it two hours ago :) Seems the crashes were also Mixcraft-related...
Alex Cremers
KVRist

155 posts since 28 Nov, 2005

Postby Alex Cremers; Wed May 29, 2013 11:34 pm

rylo wrote:hey brother charles . the majority of CS sounds do come from the ME80 yes with the VP330 on string duty .

A real VP330 or an emulation? If it's the latter, which one?

BTW, the Blade Runner atmospheres are very good but the mixing, or more specifically, the volume of some instruments/sounds is way too loud.

Alex
Brother Charles
KVRian

Postby Brother Charles; Thu May 30, 2013 2:06 am

No, my friend, I'm definitely NOT God. I am getting to know Him better though. :D.

I'm in contact with the Mixcraft team. I've recently interacted closely with one of their management team, as well as Gunnar, of MemoryMoon. So let me get this straight . .. you'll believe "something you read" a year ago, but you won't believe the guy who recently worked very closely with Acoustica during an exhaustive review of MC6 Pro Studio . . . . D'OH!

Perhaps to lay this rumor to rest, I will get a quote from one (or both) of the parties and post it for the whole world wide web to read . . *Grin.
fluffy_little_something wrote:@Brother Charles

Well, just because you say something doesn't mean I believe it. Who are you, god? :D
I read otherwise last year, so I don't know who is right...
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
rylo
KVRist

211 posts since 21 Feb, 2004

Postby rylo; Thu May 30, 2013 4:08 am

alex cremers wrote :

" A real VP330 or an emulation? If it's the latter, which one? "

hey alex , i use the holowsun sample set in kontakt which does the job brilliantly . ive been demoing the new XILS lab emulation which is great but a little too expensive for me to buy at this time :{ . I think i may have gone a little over the top with the aftertouch settings in the ME80 resulting in those slighty loud sounds . i will remix them all at some point , time allowing . im glad you enjoyed and thanks for the opinion ;)

shaun .
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu May 30, 2013 5:05 am

Brother Charles wrote:No, my friend, I'm definitely NOT God. I am getting to know Him better though. :D.

I'm in contact with the Mixcraft team. I've recently interacted closely with one of their management team, as well as Gunnar, of MemoryMoon. So let me get this straight . .. you'll believe "something you read" a year ago, but you won't believe the guy who recently worked very closely with Acoustica during an exhaustive review of MC6 Pro Studio . . . . D'OH!

Perhaps to lay this rumor to rest, I will get a quote from one (or both) of the parties and post it for the whole world wide web to read . . *Grin.

Well, you seem to assume that we all know who you are in contact with :roll:
Also, why would they even talk to you about it unless you ask them about it?

To me you are just another anonymous source on the web, no more or less credible than others. I don't even care who owns Memorymoon as long as they work the way they should :wink: I don't want to believe anything as unlike you I am an utter atheist :lol:
bluedad
something special

8457 posts since 15 Mar, 2002, from Birmingham, Alabama

Postby bluedad; Thu May 30, 2013 5:11 am

Let's cut the pissing contest and move back to talking about the review/instrument.
Kire
KVRist

441 posts since 30 Nov, 2002, from Sweden

Postby Kire; Thu May 30, 2013 5:21 am

bluedad wrote:Let's cut the pissing contest and move back to talking about the review/instrument.

It's a great sounding emulation, but I have a problem with vibrato and polyphonic aftertouch. Filter and volume work, but when I use polyphonic aftertouch for VCO vibrato nothing happens. I've reported this to the developer.

Anyone else with a polyphonic aftertouch synth who have tried this?

/Kire
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu May 30, 2013 5:38 am

Regarding the review, I finally had time to read it today. A few remarks and questions:

- When Gunnar says the Assembly programming language is forbidden in Windows 64-bit, I am wondering why other software written in Assembly works. The asio4all ASIO driver for instance is written in Assembly and I am using it on my Windows 64-bit computer.

- I agree that the user interface is a bit tight for so many controls, but still way better than Arturia's (why not mention it by name?!) :) How can I switch to the other skin? Some of the slider heads of the original skin are goofy, getting bigger and bigger the more you drag them from their default position :) With some sliders zero is at the top, with others at the bottom...

All in all a good review :)

One thing that might make sense with that synth (and wouldn't hurt the emulation concept) is being able to copy all parameter values from synth line 1 to 2 and vice versa. Could save a lot of time when you just want to double the sound so to speak. Maybe it is possible and I just haven't figured it out, yet...

The more I play with that thing, the more I like it :) Can also do some nasty synth basses, when using the 24db filter configuration and the extra saw :) Better than any of those dedicated Moog emulations except 2 maybe...

Where do I set the range for my pitch bender? Downwards seems to span several octaves, upwards only one, that is not so ideal in my view.
Brother Charles
KVRian

Postby Brother Charles; Thu May 30, 2013 12:11 pm

bluedad wrote:Let's cut the pissing contest and move back to talking about the review/instrument.
Good, sensible advice, sir. :) I wasn't wizzing though. Greg, or Gunnar, if either of you are following this thread, then feel free to "jump in". ;)
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Chris-S
KVRAF

2231 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:00 am Re:

el-folie wrote:The review gives the impression that ME80 is a correct emulation but in fact it's unfortunately not. There is some problem with the attack time of the volume envelope which is overridden by the touch response - the attack time gets shorter. This is not true to the original CS-80. Two owners of the hardware said so.

I think this has been fixed. In ME2.2 the attack time is not dependant on velocity.

Measurement: (VCA attack at max., VCA initial response level at max.):

low velocity: time=1.0 sec output=-7.5 db
highest velocity: time=1.0 sec output=0 db
Muziksculp
KVRian

1463 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Postby Muziksculp; Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:18 am Re: MemoryMoon ME80 Review - Real "Virtual" CS80

Hi,

How does the MemoryMoon ME80 compare to Arturia's CS-80V ?

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Muziksculp
wagtunes
KVRAF

8671 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:24 am Re: MemoryMoon ME80 Review - Real "Virtual" CS80

Muziksculp wrote:Hi,

How does the MemoryMoon ME80 compare to Arturia's CS-80V ?

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

As a long time ago CS owner, neither sounds like a CS. But as emulations go, they're decent. Neither is superior to the other, IMO. I do like the ME GUI better but not by much.

A true CS emulation is going to take a crap ton of hard work that, quite honestly, I don't think anybody is going to want to put the time into doing.

Point is, if you already have the Arturia, you're not going to be getting much of an upgrade, if any at all, by getting the ME.

My 2 cents for whatever they're worth.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments