Waves Element - Worth buying?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Its now on sale for 89$ and I have 50 $ voucher ,

So I get it for only 39$

Can someone recommend it?

I have Komplete9Ultimate so Synthwise I have lots of 'em .

Is there anything special about Element that its worth buying it?

Thanks

WhySoLazy?: You took the words right out of my mouth.

Musicradar in their review, points to pros:
"Good sound. Excellent presets. Lots of mod destinations. Simple interface"

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... ent-572239
The real question, however, isn't whether it's any good (it absolutely is), but whether you really need it. The introductory price of $99 is reasonable, but the regular $199 tag is pretty steep for what it offers in comparison to the competition, much of which sounds similarly excellent but is more full-featured.

Many will, no doubt, buy it for its pedigree, and those who do will find it an excellent workaday synth that's easy to use and sounds utterly authentic. If you're looking for something new or in any significant way different to the many virtual analogues you probably already own, you might want to pass this one by and seek out something more forward-thinking instead.
Their main negative is that the synth is too expensive, but at $39 it should be worth it to invest.
Last edited by Numanoid on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The EQ on it is phenomenal. No other synth has one sounding this good. :)

Overall, I reckon it's a bargain at that price. A no-brainer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf-DSxLt5YM
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

For 39, yes it's worth it if you're looking at it in isolation. However, probably you have already some synths that cover equal grounds. IMHO it's a good synth, but doesn't offer much to stand out from the crowd. As such, I for one won't spend 39 on it.

i honestly think it sounds incredibly average, If that's what they call good presets then they haven't heard stuff like spire, sylenth, omni, nexus, halion, diva, synthmaster, predator etc

TheoM wrote:i honestly think it sounds incredibly average, If that's what they call good presets then they haven't heard stuff like spire, sylenth, omni, nexus, halion, diva, synthmaster, predator etc
I felt exactly the same Theo. I had my CC ready in my hand, already at the checkout page (I mean, at Audio Deluxe it's $35.10!), then decided nah, I don't really need it. I have a ton of synths that do the same trick. I considered getting it purely to make patches for it, but I don't know if I should. Still uhm'ing and ah'ing...
Eternitysound VST Banks

Came here to start an identical thread - I just can't decide.

Let's put it another way - is there a 'better' way to spend $39 on a synth?
Last edited by skitchy on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Know what, actually stuff it. I demo'd Element when it was released (so a while back of course, in Jan)... now, I can't demo it again unless I cup Waves' balls and ask nicely? Pass... (I'm aware that the Waves has a "1 demo run policy" (correct me if I'm wrong), but c'mon, that's just BS really... and to be honest, iirc I was like "meh" when I demo'd Element originally, so just as well I guess).
Last edited by GeorgeZ on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eternitysound VST Banks

corona is on sale too. More unique and has a really great sound.

http://www.discodsp.com/corona/

BDeep wrote:For 39, yes it's worth it if you're looking at it in isolation. However, probably you have already some synths that cover equal grounds.
I couldn't agree more on this.
I think Element is a good solid synth that is limited - which probably is one of the best arguments for it. The Minimoog is pretty simple as well, and it's pretty good as well :shock:

I think what you should think about here is if you really really really really would use it. If it would just stay in your plugin folder without getting used 39 dollars is 39 dollars wasted even if it comes at a major discount.

But if you're already have Komplete 9 Ultimate - I get the feeling this is a classic example of GAS. And believe me... I know all there is to know about GAS... :lol:

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I wouldn't buy it. Element can compete in no way to your Ultimate stuff, it would just be useless.

Wave Element for 35,10 dollar is a bargain :p

But I have a question: Do I need a e-licenser oder ILok for the registration and the use of Element ?

MillerSam wrote:Do I need a e-licenser oder ILok for the registration and the use of Element ?
Nope - Waves have abandoned iLok for their own solution. You can use any kind of pendrive to store your licences.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Double Trouble
Last edited by Numanoid on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Double trouble

Return to “Instruments”