Waves Element - Worth buying?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Abso-friggin-lutely.

Mind you, I bought it dirt cheap, but it's still a fine synth.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

So glad I bagged this at bargain price, love it.
I'd probably pay full price if I had to start over.

Numanoid wrote:Two months later, do you feel the synth was worth the money?
I do. But I also find myself swearing at it more than before. The one-knob approach for reverb is plain stupid, the FM-capabilities is not what I am used to and the preset management is HORRIBLE. Probably the worst preset management system I've ever used. Why anyone would build something that stupid and inflexible is way beyond me.

But still. Yeah. Although my initial romance with it - it's still holding up pretty nicely. Great envelopes. Fun arpeggiator.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

vaiman wrote:So glad I bagged this at bargain price, love it.
+1 A great bargain at $39, glad I got it.

But it comes with 1 year support only? I need to pay to be included in any service or upgrade plan after that period runs out?

So for the hell of it, I'm demoing it. I can't get it at the dirt cheap price some of you got it for, but 99 bucks isn't bad, is it? I kinda like the arp stuff (I'm a hopeless preset guy when first trying things)

I do have a problem though. In studio one 2.6.1 there is a slight "clicking" sound occasionally. I'm not running into this in live vst2 just the vst3 version. It's very strange.

For $99. it's definitely worth it… More than the sum of it's parts.

I'm starting to thing that it's not element I'm having the trouble with, but something weird in studio one :shrug:

Anyways, been playing around with this all day and kinda taken aback by how good it sounds in the context of noodlings (song people call them songs :hihi: ) I always feel like synth stuff is sorely lacking in presence most of the time. Maybe because it's "new" I'm just wishing, but I like the tonality of it. It's dead simple to use too.

One thing I hate though is the reverb! :lol:

OMG, this thing is SO BOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I've been missing.

"Just be about that action Boss"..I love the simplicity(GUI) and eq really works. Underrated softie in my book

Worth if for the 40 bucks I paid for it, but I would not pay more.

How much more can Element do than for example u-he Tyrell that is freeware?

I want to know how you got it for $40? Every where I go the biggest discount I've been given is $85, and after my last go around with Waves plugins, I'm not willing to spend that. But I would chance it for $40.
It reminds me of my MicroKorg,,,

Numanoid wrote:
vaiman wrote:So glad I bagged this at bargain price, love it.
+1 A great bargain at $39, glad I got it.

But it comes with 1 year support only? I need to pay to be included in any service or upgrade plan after that period runs out?
Nice synth, but the current official price is ridiculous. as is the plan-based support system. Some companies never learn...

osiris wrote:I want to know how you got it for $40? Every where I go the biggest discount I've been given is $85, and after my last go around with Waves plugins, I'm not willing to spend that. But I would chance it for $40.
It reminds me of my MicroKorg,,,
June last year there was a $50 voucher. Element was $85 in the sale and with the coupon it ended up $35.

Pass. Waves plays not pretty with FL.....

Return to “Instruments”