Any thoughts on the Arc 5? Demos sound great...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Arc 5

WTF, that went down quick :o

Luckily it is stable for the time being

idfpower wrote:
jwchoi wrote: Hi, there are many reasons but i believe that free Lokomotiv is much better than Arc5. Pleset check audio demo track of Lokomotiv .

Um... please don't take it the wrong way, but IMO Lokomotiv sounds nice, but still very limited compared to Arc5. The sounds coming out of that synth were killer (and quite different from any other synth). Arc5 was and sounded special. Lokomotiv looks (and to some extent sounds) nice, but it doesn't stand out. I'd love to be wrong on this and ppl to get very fond of Lokomotiv...we'll see.
Agree, really wanted to love lokomotiv but just from a short demo wasn't blown away at first like in arc5, will play around some more and will see.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

idfpower wrote:
jwchoi wrote: Hi, there are many reasons but i believe that free Lokomotiv is much better than Arc5. Pleset check audio demo track of Lokomotiv .
Um... please don't take it the wrong way, but IMO Lokomotiv sounds nice, but still very limited compared to Arc5.
+1

And kind of weird that the dev say that a payware synth is not so good as the freeware

If that is the case, what did I spend money on with Arc5 :?

Most of reason of why discontinue is that I couldn't upgrade Arc5 anymore because since from Synthmaker does not support 64 bit and OS X, and there are so many limitation to improve . so I should have to moved platform to C++.
mysticvibes wrote:
idfpower wrote: Um... please don't take it the wrong way, but IMO Lokomotiv sounds nice, but still very limited compared to Arc5. The sounds coming out of that synth were killer (and quite different from any other synth). Arc5 was and sounded special. Lokomotiv looks (and to some extent sounds) nice, but it doesn't stand out. I'd love to be wrong on this and ppl to get very fond of Lokomotiv...we'll see.
Agree, really wanted to love lokomotiv but just from a short demo wasn't blown away at first like in arc5, will play around some more and will see.
Please let me know what was special from Arc5? than I will put for next thing.
DSP algorithm of LOKO is much improved (because i didn't stop my researching during last year). In the other hand, Arc 5 have FM and Waveguide algorithm and Arpeggiator.
Numanoid wrote:
And kind of weird that the dev say that a payware synth is not so good as the freeware

If that is the case, what did I spend money on with Arc5 :?
Thanks to loving Arc5 Numanoid! I promise that registered customers of ARC5 will have benefit for my next thing which is improved from your opinions. it is natural because paid software must be upgrade but Arc5 couldn't .

jwchoi wrote:In the other hand, Arc 5 have FM and Waveguide algorithm and Arpeggiator.
Bingo ;) Overall the synth was capable of very complex and unique sequences/arps & it sounded very modern. Its only drawback was the CPU hit on older computers. But it felt like the sounds coming out of it were worth the effort :) I mean just compare the Arc5 audio demo with Lokomotiv's... IMO it sounds like a drop in sound quality.

I can understand why from a dev's point of view the new synth seems like a step forward since it's properly coded and not SE, but IMO any new synth should be at least as good (if not way better) than the previous release. Thing is, that previous release was damn cool & unique sounding :) Kind of difficult to top that :)

My personal wishlist: onboard effects, arpeggiator, and a resizeable & skinnable GUI ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Last edited by Taron on Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Does the dev even know his synth is running in the osc? :lol: I'd really like to for him to join in the discussion in the osc thread, that'd be great! :D When this was first released there was not so much hype about it, but after getting a good run on it, it is indeed an absolute beauty. On hindsight, it was probably the best in the comp imo, or atleast the only one out of the lot that I will actually use a lot :hihi:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”