Any thoughts on the Arc 5? Demos sound great...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Arc 5

My ears don't lie! Good to know some more dudes are discovering this little gem.
@osiris, little Virus indeed. :D Nails those Viral basses. Sweetest self-osc filter on the VA voice too.
I've found a little aliasing on the Hard Sync osc at 48kHz samplerate. I'll let the dev's know, and re-install my trusty M-Audio 2496 so i can test it at 96kHz.
I believe sync sounds are particularly prone to aliasing, so it might be quite tricky to improve. I don't know, me no progammer! But wasn't that an influential factor in the original Virus's 'dark' sound? Bandlimited osc's etc. to avoid aliasing on sync sounds...I dunno, i just read this stuff, others actually implement it! :D

Thanks to ARC for contributing to this post...wow, you fixed the demo noise bursts already! That's really responsive. Keep up the great work!

Do you have a dev forum on KVR? Would be cool to have an AI space here where we can share patches and keep up to date on future developments and products...hint hint 8)

osiris wrote:I tried the demo and really liked it. Nice presets. Nice sound. Great arp. Low-ish CPU.
The only thing I didn't like was the inability to program patches with the demo.
I think there's a lot more to the synth than meets the eye, but can't know because of the disabled features. But, I understand why you do that.
This very much reminds me of Nexus. In fact, one pad sounds EXACTLY like one of my favorite pad sounds from Nexus.
It's like a little Virus, and I wish you guys much luck with it and can't wait to see where you go with it.
I hope you add oscillator mix in the future.
Thank you for your warm response to Arc 5 :)
"THE LITTLE VIRUS", I like it :tu:

BTW, could you explain more about the inability to program patch with the demo?
The only difference between demo and commercial version of Arc 5 is generating white noise.

With regards to oscillator mix, we'll instantly put it on the pending list :)

Maybe it's the presets that are locked and I should have done it from the INIT bank file.

No love for Arc 5?
I'll demo it tomorrow and I wonder why there's hardly any interest in this one. :?:

It sounds great, and it looks and works fine. My issue is that there is no modulation control. There is one parameter for Envelope amount, but no ADSR controls, so you just hope that one of the preset envelopes will do what you want. I think the price is fair for what you get, since it makes some cool sounds.

brighter/lighter skin would be great. some letters/values within the current one are sometimes hard to read.

I'd love to see a proper ADSR and maybe an LFO with Mod Matrix....

DJMashbot wrote:There is one parameter for Envelope amount, but no ADSR controls, so you just hope that one of the preset envelopes will do what you want.
osiris wrote:I'd love to see a proper ADSR and maybe an LFO with Mod Matrix....
Thank you for your continuous interest in Arc 5.

Regarding ADSR control, it may sound weird but my answer is Yes and No.
It is true that Arc 5 only has 1 "env" parameter but it doesn't affect envelope amount :)
The "env" parameter changes pre defined ADSR time as below.

Hope this helps. :D

ARC5 wrote:
jamiesoarmusic wrote:Do you have any plans to make it available on OS X, either Mac VST or AU?

Hoping it's in the works, But I'm expecting a no, as with most plugin manufacturers these days.
Thanks for your comment.

We are now on the initial stage of developing our own framework for cross platform. :)
I cannot promise to you that Arc 5 will be available on OS X soon. But I can say the cross platform plugin is one of our best important goal.
Awesome to hear that! Do you guys have a mailing list I can subscribe to so I know when it does eventually come out?

Thanks!

Found a problem with Studio One Pro 64bit. The plugin isn't being loaded by S1 Pro. No error or anything appears, it just doesn't seem to know it's there!

Happened with both Demo version and full version of the 64bit plugin.

(never tested with 32bit version)

jamiesoarmusic wrote:Awesome to hear that! Do you guys have a mailing list I can subscribe to so I know when it does eventually come out?

Thanks!
We don't have a mailing list yet.
I'll add you on the list as soon as it's ready.

And here is our channel to communicate :)

OFFICIAL: http://www.archetype-instruments.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArchetypeInstruments
Twitter: https://twitter.com/archetypeinst
KVR: http://www.kvraudio.com/product/arc-5-b ... nstruments
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/archetype-instruments

SolarRainUK wrote:Found a problem with Studio One Pro 64bit. The plugin isn't being loaded by S1 Pro. No error or anything appears, it just doesn't seem to know it's there!

Happened with both Demo version and full version of the 64bit plugin.

(never tested with 32bit version)
Dear SolarRainUK,

As I mentioned in the mail, Arc 5 is not a native 64bit plugin.
Therefore some of 64bit DAWs which don't have built-in bit bridge cannot load Arc 5 without 3rd party bit bridge application.

Arc 5 is made with Flowstone (Synthmaker). it means that it's not possible to create 64bit plugin or the mac version of Arc 5 currently.

So our next step is, as I said above, developing our own development framework which can support both Windows 32bit/64bit and Mac.

Hope it helps. :)

Got an email from PrimePlugins showing off ARC5, I am glad I am not the only one enjoying it!

julioelgenio wrote:Got an email from PrimePlugins showing off ARC5, I am glad I am not the only one enjoying it!
I'm also glad to know that there are people love ARC5 :)
Your continuous interest would be highly appreciated!

ARC5 wrote:
julioelgenio wrote:Your continuous interest would be highly appreciated!
How about some kind of group buy, get 50 buyers, and give them 30% off for example?

Return to “Instruments”