Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Breeze wrote:OK, so I'm officially not "crying wolf" whenever I find something weird... ;) Here are a couple of things I need clarification on:

- Automation: I seem to have to repeat the learn several times when I assign MW to anything. Sometimes it just doesn't want to stick. Also, is it possible that Obxd doesn't "unlearn" an assigned controller automatically when it's re-assigned to a new parameter?

- When Unison mode is invoked, are the Legato modes supposed to have any effect? IOW, is it possible to retrigger the envelopes in Unison mode before they finish their execution? Right now they don't.
The legato modes do have an effect in unison mode, just tried it...

Learning and unlearning also seems to work flawlessly...

Very nice synth, and the new gui seems very well done too.

Breeze wrote:I'm not even going to comment about the "GUI-wars"...
Episode II: Attack of the PAK

:P

Sorry I haven't read this whole thread...is there a mac version planned?

fluffy_little_something wrote:The legato modes do have an effect in unison mode, just tried it...

Learning and unlearning also seems to work flawlessly...
Weird. Something's definitely up at my end with both and I just re-downloaded the dll you linked-to and installed it to make sure. Just tried 64-bit in Reaper and there the learning doesn't seem to be working at all.

Just to be clear: if I'm in Unison mode and I have a very long attack and a very long release, with Decay at 0 and Sustain on Full, if I play a note (8-voices) and I've set the Legato to Retrigger, when this note reaches a high volume and I let go and play a second note, the first note should be cut off and the new one should fade in slowly, right? Or am I not understanding this?

Seems the action depends on how one configures the envelopes.
With your settings one might think that each note should start softly, instead the previous one is hacked off and the new one sets in at sustain level.
If however, you set all envelope parameters to zero except decay to about half, then you hear a difference. With retrigger the sound starts anew, while with other modes you will soon hear nothing anymore.
I never really know how voice stealing is supposed to work, I guess there are different modes. With unison I suppose there are no spare voices so to speak.

I tried the learn and unlearn features in Mulab and Mixcraft, works in both. Instead of unlearning you can also replace the old association automatically by learning a new one, thus skipping unlearning.

layzer wrote:the problem is you, dude. PAK it up and go troll somewhere else. my gui is perfect as Teksonic stated...
Wow..!

:shock:

So it's NOT OK to disagree with you or your "consultants"?

The words "ego" and "narcissism" come to mind here.

I gotta say layzer, your reaction to PAK has really put me off using this synth.

Adios.

Duplicate. Deleted.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andywanders wrote:
layzer wrote:the problem is you, dude. PAK it up and go troll somewhere else. my gui is perfect as Teksonic stated...
Wow..!

:shock:

The words "ego" and "narcissism" come to mind here.

I gotta say layzer, your reaction to PAK has really put me off using this synth.

Adios.
Though he is doing the UI, it's not Layzer's synth, it's 2Dat's, so my advice would be: don't let that comment put you off.

It seems like the comment came out of frustration after PAK started posting mock ups and criticizing Layzer's UI compared to his own. In my opinion, that was in poor taste and poorly timed considering how much work Layzer had already put in up to that point. Had PAK volunteered to develop the UI before Layzer started, or even offered to help Layzer after he did, I think the reaction would have been better. Another option would have been to say, "ok, Layzer's got this, let me just watch how this progresses and offer advice."

At this point it's like the chef from the neighboring restaurant is walking in to your table at a competing restaurant telling you how much better he can cook the same meal. The chef at the place you're dining might not like that.

EvilDragon wrote:It's not "perfect" (nothing ever is - that's why I never use that word) - it's good enough. :)
At least this consultant feels that way. :)
It's perfect for me......hence I have no problem using the word. Besides I wanted to stop this stupid GUI War so the plugin might actually get updated.........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Andywanders wrote:
I'm nobody's "consultant".....I simply gave my opinion. Feel free to disagree with me all you want........you have as much right to be wrong as anyone else...... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Handbags At Dawn
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Teksonik wrote:I'm nobody's "consultant".....I simply gave my opinion. Feel free to disagree with me all you want........you have as much right to be wrong as anyone else...... :lol:
I'm aware of that Teksonik, and I can see how everyone's input has contributed to layzer's design. My previous post was directed towards layzer in response to his reaction to PAK, which I found to be inappropriate. PAK's criticisms of layzer's gui were honest and constructive and in no way degraded his work. To be called a "troll" and told to "PAK up" is plainly rude and totally unnecessary.

I'm not taking sides here, or waving any flags, but as a long-standing member of this forum I think we should all respect each other's opinions, regardless of whether we agree with them or not. Opinions are neither right nor wrong - they're just opinions. Sometimes they're valid and can help us develop, and sometimes they're irrelevant. Either way (at KVR at least), they represent the thoughts and ideas of like-minded creative people who shouldn't be admonished just because their opinions differ.

All I'm saying is: lets just try to be a little more tolerant and respectful of each other.

Andywanders wrote: I gotta say layzer, your reaction to PAK has really put me off using this synth.
Adios.
nobody cares :roll:

OBXD and its GUI will have great success without your use of it.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

lazyer made a GUI for it before anyone else cared to make one. he made one for free and for a free synth. 2dat and people using the synth liked it and that was it (it is much better than the temp one...which tbh is already functional and fine )
now demanding him to change this/change that is absolutely stupid. nothing is ever perfect and you could discuss on improving on the GUi forever and ever. untill it is skinnable you will never please everyone. in any case 2dat is already implementing lazyer GUi and he ain't got the time to implement more GUIs or continuos changes as he said in the other thread.
PAK is a good guy...and that is a nice realistic looking GUI he's suggesting...but he should have come with his GUI before...too late now for demands.
if 2dat will have more time in the future I'm sure he'll accomodate for more GUIs etc....but currently you should just be happy with what you get. and you getting a real gem here for free....I'm using it with the shitty white temp GUI and it is my 2nd favourite softsynth already.
andywanders wrote: I gotta say layzer, your reaction to PAK has really put me off using this synth.

Adios.
andywanders are you offering to implement PAK's GUI, do all the programming required? if not shut up. you cannot expect 2dat to restart on the GUI implementation .
and btw NOONE cares if you use the synth or not....judging by your music you don't even know how to use one. good riddance!
obxd is doing fine without you don't worry.

Return to “Instruments”