Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

2DaT wrote:Are you sure you follow exact midi learn procedure ?:
1)push midi learn button
2)move knob on gui
3)move controller
Thanks, 2DaT: It works. I was only touching the knobs in learn/unlearn instead of moving them... :oops:
2DaT wrote:Retrigger works as it should. Envelopes still remain their level.
I don't understand the different Legato modes then: from what I can tell in mono it's always legato, low-note priority, no-envelope retrigger. Does this control have no effect with 1-voice (mono) or unison? When you have the time, a short description of the different modes would be welcome. TIA!

no dots? how the hell does it work?

Frantz wrote::o OMG! The OB-Xa has no dots!!!

#designflaw #totallyunusable

:uhuhuh:
here is another one:

vurt wrote:no dots? how the hell does it work?
it is rumored that Eddie Van Halen used his own dots to get it to work for the "jump" solo :!:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
vurt wrote:no dots? how the hell does it work?
it is rumored that Eddie Van Halen used his own dots to get it to work for the "jump" solo :!:

see, even guitarists know the value of dots!!!

2DaT wrote: :uhuhuh:
here is another one:
I can top that!

Real masters need no labels. The purpose and value of the control is simply intuitive.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Just wanted to thank 2Dat for this synth, and Layzer for an awesome gui to go with it.

I've been following this process since the temp forum at Christmas, and frankly, I'm glad most of it got sorted during that time. Like vurt said, with too many people involved, it will NEVER get done.

2Dat has the final say, not Layzer, and 2Dat is obviously not obsessed by gui like most of the posters in this thread. I mean, pages discussing when the frickin' LED turns on/off? WTF? People here convinced Layzer he was wrong with his implementation, so he changed it. Then someone proved it was the other way, so he had to change it back. That's insane.

Pages and pages discussing the missing dot, after Layzer has stated that 2Dat doesn't consider it a problem. That should have been the end of that discussion.

2Dat is giving us a really good sounding synth, Layzer has provided a great gui to go with it. Is the gui perfect? Nope...but I could say that with any gui you present to me.
Is it usable? Hell yes, it is!

Criticism is good. Criticism is useful. Dragging your point out for pages trying to prove you're right, is not. Make your point, and get the hell out of the way. If it's valid in their eyes, it will get implemented. If it doesn't get implemented, just chalk it up to differing opinions, and move on.

Great work, 2Dat and Layzer! Keep it up!

aciddose wrote:

Real masters need no labels. The purpose and value of the control is simply intuitive.
Look it's the hardware version of PolyAna........... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
aciddose wrote:

Look it's the hardware version of PolyAna........... :hihi:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

vurt wrote:if youre sat alone and think "ooh i fancy a takeaway" within a few mins youll decide where youre going and what youre getting.
if youre sat with one friend, the decision may take a little longer.
if theres 15 of you, then youll go hungry.
Good point, but layzer's posts from the beginning always made me feel as if it's a community project. :)

That said, i would vote for a 12o'clock knob too... it would make the position much more clear. Up to layzer and 2Dat of course.

Well, you are all very correct of course. Why the hell should you do a minor tweak to something that can easily be left as it is, whatever the reason for the possible tweak would be :roll:
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

I think everybody agrees that if there are going to be dots then there should be a 12 o'clock dot but I think the general consensus is that it's not a big deal if it doesn't get added....... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

crimsonwarlock wrote:Well, you are all very correct of course. Why the hell should you do a minor tweak to something that can easily be left as it is, whatever the reason for the possible tweak would be :roll:
You seem to be missing the point that only ONE of us here has the right to make the decision. At this point he's deemed it acceptable. It doesn't invalidate you as an individual, just because your idea isn't implemented.

And since my post is effectively dragging out the discussion on a dot, this will be my last on this subject! :hihi:

Frantz wrote::o OMG! The OB-Xa has no dots!!!

#designflaw #totallyunusable

But what it loses in DOTS it more than makes up for in LINES :hyper:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Return to “Instruments”