VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Frantz wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Would there be any way to add a "Last Note Priority"
Try the mysterious VAM button. :)
Yep, that fixes it. That really should get a better name. Hell, even "LAST" would tell me a lot more clear than "VAM."

2Dat/Layzer, perhaps you guys should reconsider the current label.

In addition, 2Dat, can we get this set to "On" in the default preset. As someone mentioned, I think the vast majority of users will want to "tape this button down" to keep it on.

albertodream wrote:I've made a bank with 36 presets. I hope you like it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/saajnrf4bmiqt ... ank1ok.FXB
Good stuff in there. Thanks for sharing!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Yep, that fixes it. That really should get a better name. Hell, even "LAST" would tell me a lot more clear than "VAM."
I want to start a rumor that VAM stands for Virtual Analog Massage. Press the button and you will be bathed in inaudible, gentle subsonic frequencies. A great way to unwind after a stressful day in the studio. :lol:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Good stuff in there. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, it's a pleasure to share with you.

Also, 2Dat feel free to include some of them with OBXD, if you want.

I've heard VAM stands for Virtual Analog Massager or something, and if you play with it switched on and hold the speaker up to your butt it'll cure hemorrhoids. In the end, OBXD makes everything right with the world.

Thanks to the many hands that crafted this magic, sweet patches too!

I really love that you could use a Triangle wave in OBXD (by switching both the Saw ans´d Pulse to off). I always felt i miss something with synths that don't have a Triangle and it is useful for sververal sounds that seem to be very difficult or impossible to do without it (example: Flutes, Vox like sounds, Bells and others).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Would be cool to do some Terminator 1 patches on this
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Good news... the OBXD-GUI compatible step sequencer OBVS is work in progress :hyper: but we need a little bit time more
OBVS-Seq.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It looks nothing if not inviting! Great expectations from this one.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

freemobil wrote:Good news... the OBXD-GUI compatible step sequencer OBVS is work in progress :hyper: but we need a little bit time more
OBVS-Seq.jpg
:clap: :clap: :clap:
great
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

Ingonator wrote:I really love that you could use a Triangle wave in OBXD (by switching both the Saw ans´d Pulse to off). I always felt i miss something with synths that don't have a Triangle and it is useful for sververal sounds that seem to be very difficult or impossible to do without it (example: Flutes, Vox like sounds, Bells and others).

Ingo
And regarding Rhodes sounds and the like, maybe it would be even better if not selecting either saw or pulse on osc 2 would result in a sine wave :)

freemobil wrote:Good news... the OBXD-GUI compatible step sequencer OBVS is work in progress
Looking really great! Can we have a GUI War over this too? :) I think this should have its own separate thread.

Questions / Comments:

1. When you hit a note on the keyboard, will the MIDI generated transpose?

2. I think a MUTE button is unintuitive. I think you should have an ON button so the lit up steps play a note.

3. What directions will you have? I am hoping to see: Forward, Reverse, Random, Pendulum One, Pendulum Two. (One of the pendulum modes repeats the start and end steps on change of direction.)

4. I would like controls for rotating the entire note sequence or control sequence left or right by one step. For example, rotate right moves note 1 to note 2, note 2 to note 3, .... note 16 to note 1.

seq looks awesome! :tu: :tu: :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Basically one would not even have to program it, all it takes is skinning TubeOhm's Stepper accordingly as it seems to have all those features...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--0conPmbpDM/T ... B4free.png

The XL version has additional features.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Basically one would not even have to program it, all it takes is skinning TubeOhm's Stepper accordingly as it seems to have all those features...
It looks like TubeOhm's Stepper does not have independent lengths and directions for the note and control sequences. This is very important IMO.

Rax'n'Trax does have all of the above and more but it is a separate DAW. (There is a new Rax'n'Trax plugin but I haven't used it much.)

The other nice thing about freemobil's effort is that it looks fantastic. Of course, its design is based on Layzer's and the consoleators.

Return to “Instruments”