Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Next update will have a nice controls for bend , voice count , legato. I will implement legato with proper voice allocation too :P

I am waiting with presets because of compatibility.

I found that xmodded triangle waves are really cool for bell sounds :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/0vo ... /xmod2.wav

fmr wrote:
2DaT wrote:Saw/pulse switches, when both are inactive - triangle waveform is selected. They all are hardsync'd propertly. Here (seems the link is constant).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ng9 ... x/Obxd.dll
Sounds great. Now, when can we get a version that allows to save patches? Don't mean to sound picky, but when I start to mess around with the parameters and then realize I cannot save the patches, I feel sad :cry:
not tested this yet (only just came across this!) but can you not save presets with your vst host/DAW for now?

Subz

Yes, you can, but its quite pointless as each new version 'breaks' them.

It seems like patience and ingenuity in people has gone too, the way of empathy, and not to mention - gratefulness. Sad. Cooperate with 2DaT, people. Listen to where he is, what are his plans. Don't push as if you're paying hundreds of whatever to him. It is obviously his side-project, a fun project that happens to sound really good, well to my ears at least. :D

I'd put you all in front of ATARI with Cubase and Roland MT-32 to make music. :hihi: That was my first "pro" setup ever. If you wanted "total recall", every time you save a song you had to save a sysex from the MT-32 and all the other MIDI synths in your setup. That was the top of the line technology at the time... [late 80s, early 90s] Lots of people actually didn't know how to save the sounds they used in a project. I'm not going to even mention reverb and FX... gosh... :) Great fuc**d up ole times. :D

Be grateful and enjoy what you have. Music has never been easier to make.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:It seems like patience and ingenuity in people has gone too, the way of empathy, and not to mention - gratefulness. Sad. Cooperate with 2DaT, people. Listen to where he is, what are his plans. Don't push as if you're paying hundreds of whatever to him. It is obviously his side-project, a fun project that happens to sound really good, well to my ears at least. :D

I'd put you all in front of ATARI with Cubase and Roland MT-32 to make music. :hihi: That was my first "pro" setup ever. If you wanted "total recall", every time you save a song you had to save a sysex from the MT-32 and all the other MIDI synths in your setup. That was the top of the line technology at the time... [late 80s, early 90s] Lots of people actually didn't know how to save the sounds they used in a project. I'm not going to even mention reverb and FX... gosh... :) Great fuc**d up ole times. :D

I started more or less at the same time, and I remember the situation very well. I am sorry, 2DaT, if I sounded impatient and ungrateful. I am impatient, but not at all ungrateful, quite the opposite. Forgive me the pressure, and take your time to do what you have to do. I am not going anywhere :)
And you can count on me to test whenever you need.
Fernando (FMR)

DuX wrote:It seems like patience and ingenuity in people has gone too, the way of empathy, and not to mention - gratefulness. Sad. Cooperate with 2DaT, people. Listen to where he is, what are his plans. Don't push as if you're paying hundreds of whatever to him. It is obviously his side-project, a fun project that happens to sound really good, well to my ears at least. :D

im assuming that isnt aimed at me. My point was, its an Alpha/Beta version, saving presets should be the last thing on the users mind. (tho at this stage, anyone who uses it is really a 'tester')

BTW, im old enough to know about making music before Atari's :hihi:

2DaT wrote:edit.
Obxd now is free in-dev plugin written in optimized c++ code with bright and powerful sound. Guiless yet , but it will be done by the end of month.
Latest version avalible somewhere in latest replies :)
I love the sound so far. I would love a Reason Rack Extension version of this synth.

eXode wrote: I love the sound so far. I would love a Reason Rack Extension version of this synth.
This is not possible ( due to many reasons )

2DaT wrote:
eXode wrote: I love the sound so far. I would love a Reason Rack Extension version of this synth.
This is not possible ( due to many reasons )
Too bad, but I understand. :)

Big update. Need some testing.
Voice count switch, bend controls, legato modes , lowest note priority voice allocation, envelope to osc2 pitch knob, return of brightness knob :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ng9 ... x/Obxd.dll

How much cpu consumes the new version?

Minor feature requests ? ( like midi sustain support, which i plan to implement soon).

Looking for gui designer ;)

Playing around with it for a while and I came up with this quick sketch. No effects added. It sounds pretty impressive :shock: (the synth, not the demo track:D)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/583 ... Around.wav
Last edited by Optical Fingerprint on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

:clap:
[Insert Signature Here]

2DaT wrote:
Looking for gui designer ;)

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2z7e5b5 ... rNX6tJDtGY

made a obx knob with knobman....interested? :wink:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Optical Fingerprint wrote:Playing around with it for a while and I came up with this quick sketch. No effects added. It sounds pretty impressive :shock: (the synth, not the demo track:D)

Actually, I disagree with you Optical Fingerprint- you made a great little demo track that effectively shows off 2DaT's brilliant toy!

This really gives me a sense of the filter - nice work!

Optical Fingerprint wrote:Playing around with it for a while and I came up with this quick sketch. No effects added. It sounds pretty impressive :shock: (the synth, not the demo track:D)

Was it Obxd on drums too ?
If yes then i am impressed even more because i just tried to make this kind of drum sound with it and fell short by quite a lot (got some other interesting drum sounds but not this one) :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Return to “Instruments”